NEW FEATURE Rate My Room: A Brand New XC!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by ATAMarceline, Nov 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

PLEASE NOTE THAT TO ENJOY THIS BRAND NEW FEATURE, YOU MUST UPDATE YOUR APP TO THE LATEST VERSION! Please also note that the latest update may take some time to get to your Store depending on your region in the world!

You ever just like, decorate your dorm room and think "Wow, I'm so good at this, I wish I was getting paid for it somehow and that people would just appreciate my incredible taste in fantasy furniture?" You ever like, impulse buy a bunch of event furniture, realize it doesn't match any of your other stuff, don't want to actually equip them but also don't actually want to sell them off??? Well hold on to your butts PIMD, becayse Rate My Room is our response to all those thoughts!!!

Check out this fantastic new way to show off your furniture and earn ✨rewards✨ while doing it!

What is Rate My Room?
    Rate My Room is a brand new Extracurricular aka XC! Flex your interior design skills and put together the most aesthetic dorms based on different themes and have other players vote for you! Dorms with the most votes win!

Where is it?! How can I play?!
    Go to your XC when you see the Rate My Room! icon show up on your home screen - where you’d normally see the XC counting down. Next tap Design Dorm to participate. Once you’ve come up with your ideal dorm (keeping in mind there is a theme to match), submit your entry! Now you can check out the Leaderboard to see how you’re doing vs other players! You can also start liking other people's entries to see what dorm item combos the competition came up with this round!

How do I win?
    Be the ""best"", obviously. People will be voting for which dorm they think fits the given theme best so get ready to wow the community!

What rewards are available?!
    They're a surprise! But here's a hint: probably more furniture-related goodies.

Can I edit my current submission?
    Yes! However, you will lose out on the Likes you've earned if you decide to resubmit your dorm! Basically, you're gonna start over with a resubmission.

Why is it not using my current dorm/what happened to the room I just made?
    Each instance of dorm design is unique to that XC! Any changes you make to your dorm room from your profile page won't affect your entry in Rate My Room!
    Your entry to the XC must be made from within the XC itself!

Why didn’t I get placed higher on the XC Leaderboard?!
    Don't forget to check if there is a specific theme you're trying to match for likes! This will appear in the XC description at the top. Also, liking will continue to occur throughout the XC countdown so keep checking to see what people think of your latest design!

I submitted a design but I can’t see myself in the Leaderboard?!
    First make sure the Rate my Room! XC has started (and isn’t in the upcoming phase). Then, you need to get at least one Assist or one Like to show up in the leaderboard!

Why can’t I “Like” other people's dorms?
    You can only “Like” other entries once you've submitted one! Get designing bb!

What’s the “Assist” button for compared to the “Like” button?
    An Assist is sent directly either on the Assist screen or from the Leaderboard . A Like is for random entries via a generated match! You can check out the Assist page where you can see your friends' entries or invite them to join in the current competition!

[​IMG]

Other important please-read-me-because-I-don't-want-silly-questions-after-this:

☞ You must equip at least 5 items to submit an entry.
    ☞ Tickets to Likes regenerate 1 every 2 minutes.
    ☞ Assists regenerate once every 24 hours.
    ☞ Only 5 assists will count towards your total score.

Now, a visual explanation of Rate My Room.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Time to flex those design muscles, fam jam! Excited to see what you'll come up with!
    💪🏽🤩✨

MissPeaches, Goldy, -_Hope_- and 58 others like this.
  2. Oh this is cool

3. Interesting 🤙🏼

4. Happy to have been part of the beta testing. Looking forward to seeing what changes have been implemented to improve the XC and how it'll work in action!

5. I have mixed emotions about this since it’s so heavily based with popular vote. But I do like that it’s a bit more realistic for new/smaller players.

6. It was so fun in beta, I can't wait to put all my furni hoarding to use.

And if I see dorm presets at the top of the leaderboard....I will be very disappointed 🤬

7. Ooh fun 🤗

8. Way ahead of you!

You can only earn a maximum of 5 Assists and voting is anonymous! When you get your choice to Vote on a submission, you won't be able to tell whose dorm it is!

A tiny bit of popularity but moreso actually putting out a dorm that beats the rest will get you winning!

[​IMG]

9. cool beans

Day and bai like this.
  10. You ever like, spellcheck

11. Beautiful work ATA😍😍😍

PhantastiC likes this.
  12. Yay! Rate my room is actually here. Beta testing was soo fun now everyone can participate 🥳

BlissfulBubbles likes this.
  13. Ah yes, Atlas explained it a bit!

As long as the rewards don’t end up being too imbalanced in the future I could see myself being more onboard for this. Looking forward to how this goes though overall.

-May-, Muschi, Phobia and 4 others like this.
  14. first of all, thanks for coming up with such an nice idea, your explanation was loud and clear 😋 but i am confused about one thing 😅 when submitting the design, do i actually need to have the furnitures in my showcase or i can just use them from shop without paying for them?

15. This is a cool new feature! Can't wait to give it a go.

16. It's just like decorating your actual dorm in that regard. You can't use anything you don't currently have in your inventory. You can purchase it when you're decorating, but you will have to purchase it to use it (or maybe you have a generous friend who'll trade it to you for the current theme 😉)

17. Love it!!! 😍😍

mostlychelsea likes this.
  18. I am in love with this. Finally something to do besides wait for stuff to happen or hitting parties 🤣💀

19. I like this i think this is gonna be very fun I can't wait😁

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.