SPOOK(SPEAK) YOUR FEARS

Discussion in 'Activities' started by Ado, Oct 20, 2020.

?

Are you BRAVE enough to share your fears?

1. YES! And I'am ready to acknowledge it and overcome it!

42 vote(s)
    65.6%
  2. Idk. But you know. One step at the time.

22 vote(s)
    34.4%
  1. Anony Entry #7

I've never really thought why I am the way I am. Why I don't like my family. Why I don't like myself. Why I don't like my life. I grew up in a very religious family with an amazing academic background. They always had a plan for what I'll be when I grow up. When I was little, my fears was so simple. I was afraid that I'll have bad score in exams. Moving on to when I was in junior high, I was afraid I wouldn't have many friends in the future because I suck at maintaining friendship. When I was in high school, I was wondering why I didn't have a boyfriend, thinking I didn't deserve the whole love thing. It's cheesy, I get embarrassed typing it. But when I look back, I realised I've never been comfortable being around people, especially males that I had a close friendship with. When I graduated high school, my parents were hoping that I'll go to medical school to be a doctor. Or some accounting school, because every businesses needs people to manage their finance. I didn't want to study any of those, but I did what they wanted me to do. I went to college to study accounting. Long story short, I got expelled. At that point I knew what I fear more than anything: being a disappointment. I stopped talking to people I knew. I felt like a burden to my family, something they should be ashamed of. They told me a million times that they're proud of me still but I knew deep down, they were disappointed. [TW: suicide] I finally got back to uni and I still couldn't shake the feeling that I was a disappointment and a failure. By the fourth year, I got severely depressed. I almost attempted suicide but something stopped me from doing so. At this point, I wanted to die but I was afraid of dying. I prayed like my family told me to, thinking God could fix everything wrong with me. It got worse. Slowly, I stopped praying and I stopped believing in god. I tried talking to some therapists, hoping to cure my depression. Instead we found the roots of my fears. I never realised how indecisive I was, until one of my therapist pointed that out. I always let everyone around me tell me what to do, thinking they know myself better than I do. I stopped doing what I wanted to do, because I was afraid I wouldn't be good at it. I was afraid of failure because all my life, my family had a high hope for me. I was meant to be a role model for my 2 younger siblings but I was far from that. [TW: sexual abuse] Around the same time, I started to think about my past. I remember being very close to my uncle but also was afraid of him. I didn't understand why I felt uncomfortable around males. Turns out I was molested by my uncle who I was close with when I was around 5-7. I never really thought what was happening that day, but I remember my mum got very mad at him. A few years has passed, 2 suicide attempt in between. Til this day, I'm still searching for things I really want to do, without having people telling me what should make me happy. I'm still severely depressed but at least I'm getting better. .

-šŸ„ŗ

2. Anony Entry #8

this moment of not knowing what to do that God began to teach me the perfect peace that comes from reliance on him. And it was this that sustained me. It started with realizing the root of my fear: distrust of God. I was afraid because I felt out of control ā€“ and I like to be in control. I want to be self-reliant and independent. Fear is rooted in pride. We arenā€™t humble enough to believe that God is in control, that he is good, and that he loves us. All fear comes from pride, but especially fear of the future. This fear is fueled by trusting in our feelings. Therefore, the only way we can combat it is by trusting in truth. Surrender Your Fear Once I realized my fear was a pride problem, I was forced to repent. As much as I wanted to blame it on my circumstances or personality, my anxiety about the future was sin. At this point, I had to surrender my will and selfish desire for control. And that was desperately hard! It is desperately hard, something I still have to do almost daily. Saying, ā€œYour will be doneā€ is a lot easier than believing it. But freedom from fear results from surrendering all to God. This is when the Lord started reinforcing a profound lesson that I continue wrestling with even today: God is most glorified in my weakness. ā€œBut we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to usā€ (2 Corinthians 4:7). When we are weak, God is strong. As much as we hate our lack of control and power, that is a crucial part of our humanity. It reminds us that God is in control. God is sovereign. God is omnipotent and omniscient. Glory belongs only to him, now and forever. This is what paves the path to peaceā€”peace comes from joyfully embracing our weakness. We donā€™t know what the future holds, we have no control, but we can trust the One who does. Crucify your fear because of the Man who died to secure your ultimate future. When my fear of the future inevitably springs up again (I still continue to fight it), I think about the end of the story. I think about the post-future, the future that will come one day when there will be no more fear. I think about the return of Christ and the perfect kingdom he will bring, the new heaven and the new earth. I think about that joy. This is how Zephaniah 3:14-17 pictures it: Rejoice and exult with all your heart, O daughter of Jerusalem! The LORD has taken away the judgments against you; he has cleared away your enemies. The King of Israel, the LORD, is in your midst; you shall never again fear evil. On that day it shall be said to Jerusalem: ā€œFear not, O Zion; let not your hands grow weak. The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save.ā€ This motivates me to choose contentment now. Yes, a better day is coming, but God has given us a task right now, to gratefully embrace the circumstances heā€™s put us in. We might feel in-between, stuck, confused about the next step, but our call is clear: Trust God and rejoice in the day heā€™s given us. That doesnā€™t mean we donā€™t make decisions, consult godly counsel, or plan the next steps. It means we do these things with humility, selflessness, and surrender. We do them with an attitude that cries from the heart, ā€œYour will, yes, your will, be done ā€“ not mine.ā€ We do them from a mind and heart grounded in peace. Contentment comes from peace. We have the assurance of an all-faithful God who holds our future and has ordained our present, so what do we have to fear? Fight Fear I write this like itā€™s simple, but make no mistake ā€“ itā€™s not. Peace, trust, and surrender are wildly difficult. Every day we are tempted to fear, fight for control, doubt God, and worry about our future. So we must fight. Fight fear with trust. Fight fear with contentment. Fight fear with truth. Fight for peace. We fight because, ultimately, the battle has been won. Jesus won our peace ā€“ and that is our hope. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. (John 14:27)

-WICKED_SIXAPPEAL

3. Oooo im this to. I almost drowed when i was 9? Coz was learning to swim n some dumbass was standing right infront of me on a booster platform that was put in the pool n wouldnt woul. I ended up hitting i to him went to stand up on the platform knew was there slipped and went to the bottom took in a bunch of water n struggled to get up onto the booster platform so i could breath. Since then i cant go in water where i cant touch the bottom or i go insta panic attack. Its weird

Ado likes this.
  4. Full Entry

Have you ever felt like you donā€™t know what to do next? Like youā€™re at a crossroad? You feel stuck, like youā€™re paralyzed, insecure and unsure of your next step. Do you ever fear the future because you have no idea what youā€™re supposed to do? I have, and the feeling is not a good one. Itā€™s cold and overwhelming. You feel lost and directionless, despairing about which way to go, wondering about Godā€™s will. There are a million paths, and you dread choosing the wrong one. You simply donā€™t know what to do. Like I said, Iā€™ve been there. Near the end of college, I was swallowed by uncertainty. I had so many options, opportunities, and choices, and my life was a giant question mark. Where should I work? Am I sure where to go? I was afraid. Yet it was in this moment of not knowing what to do that God began to teach me the perfect peace that comes from reliance on him. And it was this that sustained me. It started with realizing the root of my fear: distrust of God. I was afraid because I felt out of control ā€“ and I like to be in control. I want to be self-reliant and independent. Fear is rooted in pride. We arenā€™t humble enough to believe that God is in control, that he is good, and that he loves us. All fear comes from pride, but especially fear of the future. This fear is fueled by trusting in our feelings. Therefore, the only way we can combat it is by trusting in truth. Surrender Your Fear Once I realized my fear was a pride problem, I was forced to repent. As much as I wanted to blame it on my circumstances or personality, my anxiety about the future was sin. At this point, I had to surrender my will and selfish desire for control. And that was desperately hard! It is desperately hard, something I still have to do almost daily. Saying, ā€œYour will be doneā€ is a lot easier than believing it. But freedom from fear results from surrendering all to God. This is when the Lord started reinforcing a profound lesson that I continue wrestling with even today: God is most glorified in my weakness. ā€œBut we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to usā€ (2 Corinthians 4:7). When we are weak, God is strong. As much as we hate our lack of control and power, that is a crucial part of our humanity. It reminds us that God is in control. God is sovereign. God is omnipotent and omniscient. Glory belongs only to him, now and forever. This is what paves the path to peaceā€”peace comes from joyfully embracing our weakness. We donā€™t know what the future holds, we have no control, but we can trust the One who does. Crucify your fear because of the Man who died to secure your ultimate future. When my fear of the future inevitably springs up again (I still continue to fight it), I think about the end of the story. I think about the post-future, the future that will come one day when there will be no more fear. I think about the return of Christ and the perfect kingdom he will bring, the new heaven and the new earth. I think about that joy. This is how Zephaniah 3:14-17 pictures it: Rejoice and exult with all your heart, O daughter of Jerusalem! The LORD has taken away the judgments against you; he has cleared away your enemies. The King of Israel, the LORD, is in your midst; you shall never again fear evil. On that day it shall be said to Jerusalem: ā€œFear not, O Zion; let not your hands grow weak. The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save.ā€ This motivates me to choose contentment now. Yes, a better day is coming, but God has given us a task right now, to gratefully embrace the circumstances heā€™s put us in. We might feel in-between, stuck, confused about the next step, but our call is clear: Trust God and rejoice in the day heā€™s given us. That doesnā€™t mean we donā€™t make decisions, consult godly counsel, or plan the next steps. It means we do these things with humility, selflessness, and surrender. We do them with an attitude that cries from the heart, ā€œYour will, yes, your will, be done ā€“ not mine.ā€ We do them from a mind and heart grounded in peace. Contentment comes from peace. We have the assurance of an all-faithful God who holds our future and has ordained our present, so what do we have to fear? Fight Fear I write this like itā€™s simple, but make no mistake ā€“ itā€™s not. Peace, trust, and surrender are wildly difficult. Every day we are tempted to fear, fight for control, doubt God, and worry about our future. So we must fight. Fight fear with trust. Fight fear with contentment. Fight fear with truth. Fight for peace. We fight because, ultimately, the battle has been won. Jesus won our peace ā€“ and that is our hope. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. (John 14:27)

Mir likes this.
  5. Rejection

Ado likes this.
  6. I have a fear of the ocean, I went on a boat ride in the ocean while on a vacation with my family and I fainted, wasnā€™t fun.
    You cannot tell me that the ocean isn't harboring cryptid, dangerous, monster-like creatures when 99%- 99% of the ocean floor is unexplored. On that note, land ftw šŸ™ŒšŸ¼

TheIvyGamer and Ado like this.
  7. Mine fear is ill be die with bleeding.
    Feel all mine body loose the blood and stay clear all time

Ado likes this.
  8. I find it hard to identify and talk about my fears. They don't feel too controlling but perhaps it's because I just haven't had to try to push hard against them?

Apart from death, irreparable damage to my body, or like rejection and failure. Can't say any are very interesting.

Ado likes this.
  9. Anony Entry #9

Other than the ghosts from our previous apartment, the opinion of others still scares me. I was bullied and I was judged harshly by the people I had no idea existed (kapal ng muka diba? Di ko nga sila kilala) The past me believed them so bad. I got depressed and thought of suicide, but death is scarier and I proudly conquered. I make their opinions a big deal even though I shouldn't. People are the real monster and they took away a chunk portion of my confidence. Now their opinions still mattered but I believe it doesn't define me, specifically the people who doesn't know me so FUCK them. Its important na lumaban, and okay lang naman magbago basta ikakabuti mo to. Laban lang!

-Di ko kabisado ign ko HAHHAHAHA sa line nyo nalang ako icontact

Thoughts: Kaloka ka girl! Pero sa true lang!! Monster talaga ibang people pero so proud of you! You know yourself don't let other people take that from you.

10. Entry #10

I think the biggest fear in my life that is really holding me back is being afraid of getting judged by other people. Cristicism and judgement are not always bad, rather they can really help us grow to be a better version of ourselves when taken positively. In my case, the mere fact that I'm going to be criticized or judged for what I am doing scares me that I can't very well talk or present in front of people. When there are presentations in class, I study and practice my topic, I also know what I should be saying, how I should explain things but whenever I'm in front to present, my mind went blank that all the things that I studied slipped my mind. I think this is also due to my low self-esteem but little by little I'm trying to overcome this fear in my own pace.

-WICKED_SHANA-OL

Thoughts: Sharing this with us makes me so proud for I know it took a lot of guts. Little by little. And this is a small step in overcoming your fear.

11. Entry #11

I fear commitment. It's not because I'm a hopeless romantic, but because I regress.

In this day and age, most people don't understand that there are littles who are not active in the way they think of. I just stay in my room surrounded by stuffed toys and usually wear long-sleeved pajamas when I regress and nothing else.

I think I'm both afraid of commitment and judgment from a future partner. It hurts me that someone would view me as weird because I regress.

-I can't

Thoughts: I am weird too. Stay weird!

12. Entry #12

I donā€™t have any terrifying experience with the supernatural, but there are definitely things that scared me the most in life.

The thing that I am mostly scared of is being a failure & a disappointment. I am the type of person who wants to be the best at what she does. I was an achiever when I was a kid. I am even disappointed in myself that I graduated high school only as salutatorian and not the class valedictorian. I chose architecture as my course because my mother said so, even if I want to take up BS Nutrition & Dietetics. I play games way too seriously because I always want to win that if Iā€™m losing, I get tilted really hard. Lastly, I was so afraid of not graduating on time that I breakdown a lot when I wasnā€™t able to passed my thesis on time which resulted to my messed up eating schedule & even my occasional breakdown, anxiety & overwhelming stress.

Those are just some of the reasons to prove that I was scared of failing, losing & disappointing those who expect something from me. I canā€™t even try new things without even thinking it through until the end, even if I havenā€™t even started yet. I think those fear are the one thatā€™s hindering me from trying anything, & preventing me to be the version of myself that I want to be.

I am still in the battle of fighting these fears, but with the help of loved ones, what I do is constantly remind myself that itā€™s okay if something is a work in progess & that we grow along the way, or always saying ā€œevery lose is an opportunity to learnā€ when Iā€™m losing in games so I donā€™t get titled. Those are just little things compared to my fears, but that constant assurance & reminder definitely help me!

I hope that if youā€™re experiencing something like this too, reading my story would somehow helped you! ā¤ļø Fighting!~ ^u^

-šŸ¤«

Thoughts: I am really proud that you fighting these fears! Just so you know, I consider waking up every day as a success. For I know, facing another day and choosing to wake up and face the day took a lot of courage.

13. Entry #12

I'm scared of being alone. Scared to disappoint others. Scared of being neglected. And scared of being ignore.

Why?

Because of the reason that my own parents neglected me when I was young. I was like a ball that they love to pass me away. One day to my dad and the other to my mom. They even ignored my feelings when they built a new life with their new family.

And the reason that I'm scared to disappoint others? Just because they always make me feel that I am a failure. They always say things such as "ang tanga mo" "ang bobo mo" even there's no enough reason for them to tell me those words. Does forgetting something makes you "bobo and tanga"? I don't think sošŸ„ŗ.

And the reason why I hate being alone? It's because I hate to overthink.

I'm still trying to overcome all my fears.

-J

Thoughts: I weep while reading this. šŸ˜­ You!! I want to be there for you! For I hate being alone too cause it makes me overthink. So whenever you need a friend or a companion. Hit me up. And bonak ka. Kasi andito kami for you. And love ka namin. šŸ˜­

14. Entry #14

Fears?

Siguro takot ako magpakilala sa totoong ako. Like I am living a double life, di ko nga masabi kung ano talaga ako. Takot ako majudge pati ang paniniwala ko. Takot ako mabahidan ang pangalan nya ng dahil sa akin. Pero nung pumasok ako sa mundong to, hangad ko lang naman maging malaya, maging loka loka, or let's say, another version na di ko magawa in real life. Kaya sana, sa dahan-dahang pagrereveal ko kung sino ako, magiging okay lang lahat. Dahil una palang, di dapat kasi ako nanatili dito.

Translation: Fears? Maybe I am afraid to share who I really am. Like I am living a double life, I can't tell what am I, really. I am scared to be judged by others. My thoughts, beliefs, I was afraid to put a stain on someone's name because of me. But when I enter this world, I was just hoping to be free, to be crazy, or let's say, be another version of me that I can't be in real life. And I hope, revealing myself little by little would make all things okay. Because, in the first place I shouldn't have stayed too long in this world.

-šŸ¦

Thoughts: We all do have this another version of ourselves while we're on this social media. Like full of strangers who doesnt know you but you are comfortable to share things with them because they dont know you! I think you are not living a double life. I think you're just expressing some of qualities you never know you had because you have to hid them in real life or you're in an environment that doesnt allow you to be the other self you want so you express them here. And you see some people like that part of you but it doesnt mean youre being fake. You at most feel alive talking and making friends online. It makes you attached to them. So dont be afraid to share some of you.

15. Entry #22

The second floor of the ancestral house gives me chills. There was a time when I looked out of the window and saw a lady wearing.. no, scratch that. I saw someone out in the garden at midnig-- nah. When I was a kid, I was lending a hand during the campaign of my auntie when I saw someone who looks like my kuya and passed through the--- nvm. Kuya was watching tv when an old lady--nahhhh.

I used to spend a lot of time hanging out in our family's ancestral house with my cousins so... spooky things for you are kinda common for me na. But if we're going to talk about one thing that I'm "most scared of", I'd totally say that it is not being able to live up to the expectations of my parents and relatives. I'm terrified that someday I'll turn out to be the daughter they cannot brag about.

I'm 22 yet I'm doing things like I'm running outta time. I rushed my master's degree and already pushing for doctorate. I'm working 19hrs a day (well, just during this pandemic cos I feel uneasy when I'm not doing anything productive at home) for 3 companies in 3 different timezones because I also want to save up for my own business. Maybe you're thinking something like I should just borrow initial capital from them, but I can't or else they'll never perceive it as my success if they'll be the ones who'll put money in it. You see, money talks. I'm so scared of not being good enough in their eyes that I feel like I won't be able to enjoy my 20's. I have always been like this since I was a kid - trying to please my parents and it's exhausting to have no wiggle room. Definitely, being a failure in a Fil-Chi family is not an option and that is scaring the hell out of me 24/7. I'm tired.

-Your Favorite Spoiled Brat

Thoughts: Girl! I am proud of your accomplishment but reading this makes me tired! I just hope you doing all this makes you happy and not just for pleasing your parents! For I know they will be truly proud when you are happy. And always remember, don't exhaust yourself. And I am proud of you no matter what.

16. Entry #23

Hi ! I dont know how to write about my fear so let me share you my insight about how i feel doing this entry šŸ˜Š

So here it goes . Is it not weird to realise and accept your purpose in life ? It is one of those things you ignore for some but for me i do not . The days come by and you just expect that they will keep coming , until the unexpected happens . I have always imagined myself growing old , wrinkled face and grey hairs that is mostly caused by the beautiful family I planned on building with love for the rest of my life . I really want that so bad it hurts .

Thats the thing about life , its precious , beautiful and unpredictable and each day is a gift , not a given right .

Haha ! Have i mentioned my fear ? Hmm , I am now at my 20s . I dont want to go . I love my life and I am happy . I should owe that to my loved ones . But that is out of my hands .

My advice is , use your money on experiences or atleast dont miss out on experiences because you spent all your money on material shit . Spend your precious time with the people you love and enjoy every moment you have . I just want people to stop worrying about me and all the small meaningless stresses in life and try to remember that we all have the same fate after it all . So do what you can to make your time feel worthy and great , minus the bullshit of course šŸ˜‚ So yeah thats all , ciao !

-šŸŽ

Thoughts: Wonderful insight and advice! We definetely should stop worrying and have faith!

17. I really don't understand the asain culture of if you dont get top marks on everything and if you not doing perfectly amazing in life you pritty much get disowned

Ado likes this.

18. oh Iā€™m late ... anyway this sound scares me
    Along with robots

imagine this sound over my city and an army of robots marching down the street šŸ˜­

19. With how things are going expect it to happen for real at some point in the future. The dumb fuck scientists are already making robots that can think for themself and learn. So its only a matter of time before terminator is here for real and with how fast technology is advancing it could be within our life time to

20. High population brings insane competition