Joe Bidden

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Inimical, Sep 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Biden was born in 1942, so he's 77. Trump was born in '46 (74 years old).

V_Witchy_101 and Kefo like this.
  2. Who do you think votes for the senate? You think those appointments are decided based upon the decisions of everyone?

What each party wants, even flipped. Republicans wanted what the early Democrats wanted, Democrats wanted what the early Republicans wanted. It honest feelings like they're fucking with us and enjoying our helplessness tbh.

We don't even get to pick who competes, their respective parties do. We don't even get to revise the rules on eligibility for presidency. We haven't had a decent president in decades...

But I'm personally not going to explain what I want via ballot when I know it affects nothing. Not only would it be a meaningless waste of time, but it's also not productive and doesn't kindle joy.

3. You clearly don't understand democracy dude.

This is so sad.

Why not try?
    Your claim that it is useless is is learnes helplessness and you can still try in other ways.

Their political leanings swapping over the course of a few hundred years isn't that confusing. You can see clearly where they are today. And your vote even if you think it is futile has no drawbacks and is worth casting.

4. Electoral college chooses the president, not the senate btw. Electoral college can decide to not go with what the people voted (aka popular vote). Notable examples of this is 2000 where Al Gore won popular vote but the electoral college picked Bush; and 2016 when Hillary Clinton won the popular vote but... well, yeah.

I'd love compulsory voting if our votes actually mattered and we didn't have a tyrannical two party system that monopolizes everything.

Inimical likes this.
  5. Y’all have federal and local government confused. The people, in reality, have no real say due to the electoral college. Most of the senators that are voted it in are opportunistic individuals focused on making a buck off the proletarian. You want to argue that politics is some complicated game. It’s not. It’s a bullshit system created by white, land-owning men who raped and killed Indigenoous people to benefit themselves.
    This system benefits the bourgeois and they have us so far up our own asses that we fight each other for the scraps while they get fatter and fatter. 🤷🏽‍♂️
    While voting at the federal level is as useless as Wikipedia, voting at the local level has far better outcomes for your community.
    Take the time to brush up on how colonization was and is a tool that the wealthy use to keep the common individuals at each other’s throats.

Inimical likes this.
  6. My point is, popular vote equals shit.

Muschi likes this.
  7. You clearly don't understand America.

8. I think you’re confused. I’m winning the United States election

Inimical and Muschi like this.
  9. Just vote. You have nothing to lose

10. And nothing to gain. :/

11. This is the type of mentality white liberals have. Y’all have no clue how the polices previous presidents enacted keep marginalized groups marginalized.

Muschi likes this.
  12. Help us understand

13. I do, it's a country full of idiots. Not saying there aren't smart people, but the ratio is of smart to stupid is very bad

4d_Munchkin and Inimical like this.
  14. Well that's how the system has been designed. Policy makers are on the billionaires' payroll.

15. Yes thank you captain obvious

16. American politics are amusing tbh

17. Not everyone is a genius like you

18. It's the pond scum of all other first world nations tbh

19. It's my favorite tv show

20. LOL.... trump made people more interested in politics? No sweetie. Trump made people wanna get their ass up & vote because he’s a horrible president lmaooo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.