How to make people want to talk to you

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by MesozoicStray, Sep 23, 2020.

1. It’s just a fraction of your day and theirs. Putting yourself out there can be scary but it’s something we all do every so often and just fake it until you make it :) it does get easier with repetition. It doesn’t always have to be that expensive. Is there no Spaghetti Factory or a local restaurant? There are usually cheap affordable restaurants everywhere and could always try transit if gas is really a worry but if it’s nearby then it wouldn’t really make that much of a dent in your gas mileage. Sorry about your job loss tho !

2. Loll the $30 is from a 'cheap' place. Nothing here is actul cheap everything is a tourist trap here

3. Just approach them and be honest, you'll eventually find people who love you for who you're.

4. I mean like. As scott when i said. No one can really handle me even my mates need breaks from me. That was real. And being 100% me kept getting me into trouble. I don't understand whats a good balance between being me and masking enuf so people dont ignore me or i get in trouble or whatever

5. I don’t think that anyone is able to be 100% themself in public. Some degree of masking is necessary in order to fit in. You are still yourself with or without a self-created mask. Just, a different version of yourself.

Although I feel that I’m just reiterating what others have said before me, I think the key to inviting others to converse with you is to share ideas and ask open-ended questions. Such as, something interesting that may have happened to you recently, and asking others their opinions on the situation or asking if something interesting has happened to them.

I don’t believe that a healthy discussion could ever be forced so if there isn’t a response from the other party, move on. If they don’t want to talk, no point in wasting time trying to get them to. Instead, find a group who share similar interests with you. Maybe a group of people that enjoy gaming and Minecraft.

As for finding a good balance and trying to stay out of trouble, there’s not much you can do other than to learn from your experiences and improve. As well as finding people who are understanding of your circumstances.

If you are an interesting and confident individual, people will naturally be gravitated towards you and initiate a conversation themselves. That’s why I personally wouldn’t worry too much about it and just continue being yourself and living for yourself.

Sansa likes this.
  6. If your reason for wanting people to talk to you because you’re bored, perhaps you should find a new hobby or something. Something to keep you engaged and not bored.

Have anything you’ve been wanting to try or do? Like reading a book, trying out a different game, or taking up an entirely new interest. 🤔

7. Cant really do fúck all of the main things i like to do coz materials arnt cheap. N cant rely on gaming coz i have to limit myself or will get addicted to it again

8. Do you realize everyone on this thread(?) is basically talking to you?

This_Is_Jessie likes this.
  9. Yehh but they just telling me whats the anser it duznt help with normal talking. I dont like just keeping ask questions when talking to people coz the 1 time i tried it it felt like was like a interigashin or some shit coz kept just ask questions of stuff

10. I interrogate people sometimes when they suck at asking questions

11. Why

12. Put on your big girl pants

13. Can confirm this works 🌚

14. Im not a chick. But also putting on pants doesnt help know what shit to what to say

15. You're better off with ppl not talking to u

16. No coz I get in a shitty mood if go to long people not talking to me. Idk why but its what it does

17. can't relate to feelings and moods sorry

18. This is Gemini/Aries behavior. Can’t never just be alone and silent.

This_Is_Jessie likes this.
  19. Same. It just does it i don't get none of it

20. Ever sat next to a schizophrenic person off their meds on the train? You'll have someone to talk to you for hours 🙂