Should censorship be changed?

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by Majima_Goro, Sep 11, 2020.

?

Remove it yay or nay?

1. Yay

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  2. Nay

8 vote(s)
    42.1%
  3. Add option to see them uncensored

9 vote(s)
    47.4%
  1. So as we all know PIMD is a game for 17+ so we can be sure that no kids who can be affected bad from swear words should be around. Even though they're game already warned them so isn't responsible

And by looking at the game we all can say we clearly the aren't purest people out there or at least okay with not being pure

So what's the purpose of censoring the swear words since majority of the community are kind of people who are/would use(ing) them or at least ok with them and there are not any kids out there can be affected bad by it.

Don't get me wrong. Using swear words to insult people is not ok but using them the way that nobody gets hurt should be. And don't say not censoring would allow people to freely insult because they still can insult by bypassing a letter or two or using a førgein letter like that

I know that peope aren't getting punished (right?) if they're not insulting anybody even though they use swear words but those words still get censored.

So what do you guys think? Should ATA allow us to swear without censor? Or at least add an option to see swear words so people who are ok with them can see while people who're not will still not

-TeleKinesis- likes this.
  2. I mean it doesn’t bother me personally. I think if being able to swear is such a big thing for you, this might not be the right platform for you.

ChesterLP and Maddi_Matsu like this.
  3. They already allow you to bypass without consequences as long as it isn't directed at anyone. 🤷‍♀️ It's not a big deal to add a few accents to bypass the censor. There's way more important things.

Forums doesn't have a censor. PMs don't have a censor (and aren't moderated at all!). Plenty of locations to use if you're tired of seeing stars.

ChesterLP, Day and Maddi_Matsu like this.
  4. In general, it is best practice to keep your mouth clean. I don't mind it.

ChesterLP likes this.
  5. Loved it when forums had a censor tbh.

6. Could be coz even tho it is 17+ ata KNOW that kids are on here even as young as 8 from what i seen. And by rating standards swearing is classed as 18+ content as well

Muschi, LeeJarrett and ChesterLP like this.
  7. You can always censor yourself.

8. ******** ****** ok

Majima_Goro and Muschi like this.
  9. 💯💯💯

10. Yeah, no.

They've changed the censorship of some words like hoe, thot, and ass (and others I forgot). But at the same time, even though the game is rated Mature, and the ToU says 17+, you think an 11 year old is really gonna read that crap? 🤣 No, nor do they care. I get some of them telling me to kill myself or shut up when I tell them this game is 17+ and they can get silenced and/or banned. 🤷

ATA may remove censorship for certain, less "bad" words, but if you feel the need to drop the f-bomb or bitch or whatever else, maybe you should go to another game? Especially because it's affected you enough to make a forum post?

11. You know what. The only thing I want is when you swear in forums, you can actually see it come up as asterisks. Thats alwaus fun.

12. Lol loved seeing nubs fail censorship bypass

13. it was always madlibs when there were angry people. 🌚

14. Folks that don’t cuss can’t be trusted.

Majima_Goro likes this.