To comment on scammers

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by Youch, Jun 30, 2020.

1. I'm agreeing there should be consequences. I'm just saying I have no idea what the consequences should be, and I've given up trying to think of it myself.

Also moderators are very limited on what they can silence for or intervene on. For example they are explicitly not allowed to intervene with trading / gifting disputes, or farming issues. They need to redirect you to the developers.

Maddi_Matsu likes this.
  2. Well from what I see all the time, silencing would have at least helped stop the same known scammers from spamming campus chat. Though I see your point. There’s not much we can do about scammers, I just feel like the increase in scammers is somewhat based on the fact that they can get away with it consequence free.

3. ATA did remove spam from being against the rules at the end of last year (as long as it isn't done with clear intent to "disrupt the chat"), so even then mods' hands are tied. Before, it definitely would have been silenceable for spam but I'm not sure how much it was enforced as people find ways around the spamming rules fairly easily (for example the same message posted from several different accounts).

Day likes this.
  4. Silencing people doesn't do anything also not with scammers. If people wouldn't trust every idiot that promise them something they wouldn't get scammed. Never got scammed and I will guarantee you I'll never get scammed. You don't trust people who you don't know. You don't trade beside the trade system. If you buy/sell Cats/Kinis go for TRUSTED people not alt accounts no one knows 🙄 If certain scammers are known then you know who to not trust and it just proves that people are dumb enough to trust those people. Mods can't do anything there and even Ata themselves can't do anything bcs guess what: You can easily make a new account and if you're silenced you just use another account or 3rd party app nothing easier than that 🤷🏼‍♀️ If you ask yourself why certain stuff can't and won't be silenced: Read the TOU.

5. I recently got scammed and usually how I got scammed, I am more careful with but I have been packing to travel. But I was selling the 50EC gifts for 2B, and I had someone interested. I extended a branch of faith by gifting first. Then he convinced me to buy a second for him and then a third. Normally I would never do this without hesitation, but I was getting antsy (really for where I was traveling to). In turn he unfriended, blocked, and later accepted all gifts. There should be a way to see that scammers receive consequences. I would say include fail safes, but the failsafes I think of would ultimately remove the gifting option.

6. I guess
    Yes, blame the victim for being an idiot and getting scammed.

7. I fought a group of scammers once. I had proof. A screenshot of a pm saying “congratulations you’ve been scammed”. It wasn’t me that was scammed and it was before the trading system. ATA told us there was nothing they could do, then silenced me for trying to warn people. It was my only silence ever. I learned to show my displeasure with the battle button.

8. Just noticed when I finish parties no meats we given out? 🤷‍♀️

9. That has nothing to do with this thread whatsoever. But yes, there seems to be an issue with POTD giving meat. Send a help ticket.

Day and Maddi_Matsu like this.
  10. Use the trading system.

Maddi_Matsu and Muschi like this.
  11. ok just pointing it out. Thank you for your time