How To Easily Link A Website

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by JoyBoy, Aug 10, 2020.

?

Would you like me to do more step-by-step guides like this one?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. Whenever I discover an easier way to do something without BB Codes I will make a post on it, basically an easy step-by-step guide, so you can follow along.

Today's lesson: Linking websites, imo the bb codes and how to get it personalized to stick the link to a specific word was always extremely difficult for me, well guess what, now with new forums its so much easier than ever before, here's my step-by-step guide

Step 1: You're going to want to copy the link address, I used the test thread myself
    [​IMG]

Step 2: When you're creating your hyperlink, whether it be in your own thread or just as a comment on another thread, there's a huge tool task manager at the top of your typing box, your going to click on the thing that looks like a chain, like a link... Get it?

[​IMG]

Still with me? We're almost done I promise!

Step 3: Once you have that open it'll ask you for a link address, you're going to want to insert the link address, but instead of putting the address in there and right away clicking on insert you're going to want to highlight the word you want the link attached to, I'll use the word EXAMPLE so you can see what it should look like.
    [​IMG]

And that's all there is to it, your results should look like THIS

If you forget to highlight the word, it'll look something like this instead depending on whatever link you use: https://forum.partyinmydorm.com/threads/test-thread.130696/

Thanks for coming to my Linking for dummies!

2. Interesting. I know that for myself and many other players forums tends to lag or glitch when coding directly on game, so I personally use the method in this guide to code by hand.

JoyBoy likes this.
  3. Or you can just do this

And trick everyone into clicking fake links

4. its not dark enough 🌚

5. Why not just make a guide to all the icons on the, already quite self-explanatory, rich text editor?

6. Change the color red hurts to try read

7. Close enough