Discussion: Revamping Parties

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BadLittlePanda, Jul 30, 2020.

1. I'd love to make this thread all pretty n shid to attract your attention like a crow with a shiny penny but I'd rather just toss my idea/observation out to you guys and you can do with it as you will.

This game is dreadfully stale. We get updates and new events/items on a weekly/bi-weekly basis, but nothing feels new or fresh. College is supposed to be an exciting, interesting, invigorating experience and this game has become the equivalent of a 9-5 desk job. And it comes down to updates.

Every updates we've received is a rehash of whatever came before it. New hunt > new avatars > new gift items, same prices, same stats, same blah blah blah. The devs don't seem to be all that interested in making the game any more fun than it already is since they're probably clocking the profit numbers that they need. Fair enough. But it's making the game stale.

One of the key aspects of this game is relatability to ongoing real-life trends and topics. Hence certain items and avatar ideas. But we haven't had any new parties since otaku came into play like 50 years ago. We need a change. Hipster parties need to go. Too 2012-esque. Hipsters aren't trendy anymore. Get with the times, apes.

We need parties that relate to viral trendsetters. Hype house type shit. I mean, I personally do not like online personalities and influences, but that's what's currently hip with the kids now, or so I'm told. It's the Era of e-boys and e-girls. Onlyfans and patreons. Gen z is depressed. Let them feel represented. This game needs a major update. And they need to remove half the current party sets and replace them with something up to date.

I know this probably seems like something "irrelevant" to update since it doesn't make a huge difference to the gameplay currently, but this is still a game. Not a job. And the devs should be doing more to make it more engaging, and this feels like something to consider.

Anyway, let me know if you guys agree or not and if so why so if not why not or whatever. Yeah okay thanks for reading.

Maddi_Matsu likes this.
  2. Brahski, BEHOLD THE POWER OF THE ALMIGHTY DESTRUCTIVE: no support.

Like if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Or at least if it ain't broken, break it up then fix it, yanno m8 plus I fock wit da dreadful stale abandon all hope he who enters vibe of da game breh

3. The more features the devs try to add, the less time they have to dedicate to fixing or changing older content that worked.

They seem like they're in an expand mode rn, and it's been time to start culling features for a while.

I agree with basically everything you've said. The devs try to keep things hip and relatable and as appealing to the masses as possible and sometimes I think it kills things.

🌚

Revamped parties should reflect the modern day. Where is covid party? Where are the other stereotypes they feel comfortable copying? Vapers? And the jobs to boot?

I wouldn't even mind "period" college themed parties staying. I think there can be ones that fit in all eras from the early 1900's to today.

4. 2nd to last paragraph was written for responses like this. Imma need more than an "ain't broke don't fix it" bc it's a game and the point is for it to be fun and engaging.

Anything at all. The only time new parties pop up are the ec ones. We don't even get x2 payout on normal parties anymore. When was the last time they did something like that? 🤔🤔 The core elements of this came are parties/pvp and those two areas see no new changes, with a few tiny additions here and there that always come down to ec. Peace tags are a waste of an item.

5. Parties could definitely use an overhaul change, whether new perm parties or otherwise. The recent temp change in how parties were done wasn’t anything grand it seems. Though personally I feel the “jobs” need a much bigger role/change because tbh who even cares to do them anymore? New users do a few until they learn of cat clubs then all flock there once able :confused: so imo jobs need a much bigger change than parties, especially considering the “jobs” icon is in such a big area right on the main screen

BadLittlePanda and Maddi_Matsu like this.
  6. How is changing the name of partys going to do anything. I hate constant change so if how much hits partys need change all the time to everyone gonna see rage me alot again cox don't know how long it gonna be till party is finished. Is it gonna be a normal party of are gonna get down to 40mins left and find theres still more fuckn pages on the party to go. Like nahh fuck off with that. Leave partys where they are.

7. “Gen z is depressed” wow just call us out like that

BadLittlePanda likes this.
  8. I'd prefer maybe an updated UI to parties rather than new parties (besides a harder perm EC party, which the devs say they already have on the drawing table!), but definitely not that Kim K-style one they have going for the Starter Club and they open beta tested for the Holly Poplar hunt in 2018 lol.

BadLittlePanda and Maddi_Matsu like this.