The Myth

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by WhoTfIsWesday, Jun 24, 2020.

1. A week or two ago, I was walking home, wearing my mask like a good civilian and some mask-less 20 something year old hoodlum, who was playing music in public w no headphones, saw my mask and thought it would be cool to yell at me "corona virus isn't real! I'm serious, I read a thing on it! How many people do you know with corona virus? No one!" Her voice got louder and louder as I continued to walk away. I actually know 4 ppl personally w corona virus (who had symptoms bad enough to warrant an ER visit) but I didn't feel like responding to her. Anyway. Corona virus isn't real cuz some random bitch read a thing on it and yelled at me outside the pet store, the end.

2. I know 2 people who had it, but all that happened was they lost their sense of taste.

🤷‍♀️I think it's real and fake at the same time.

But anyone listening to music in public without headphones is trash. So screw that girl.

LeeJarrett and WhoTfIsWesday like this.
  3. One of my exes sisters nearly died from it and so did my friend's sister-in-law, the latter of which is a nurse and apparently most ppl in her hospital got it which is rough =/ I only know one person second hand who actually died from it tho. One of the peeps who worked at the hospital

Maddi_Matsu likes this.
  4. Oh gosh, these people, they're everywhere. I blame them for why states like Texas and Florida are seeing such a spike in cases. Is it just me or are the same people who were pushing reopening so fast also the same ones not wanting to wear face masks? You can reopen more safely if you require face masks in public. But no, places here in Texas are having to close down again because their employees are getting sick. A second shut down, I believe, will be even more difficult to recover from. Even if it is mainly people with underlying heath conditions and the elderly who are being hospitalized and dying from this virus, even if it is "their time to go", when you're watching a family member die, you always want another day or another minute with them, it's really hard to let go.

Thank you for wearing a mask. You're doing the right thing. If it was just one person out of a hundred, it'd be easier to brush it off, but when it's half the people at the store, it gets under my skin. So there was one lady at my store, not wearing a mask, just smashing through the aisles with her shopping cart, crashing into other people's carts who were wearing face masks. She was shouting, "Really? Really?", while the other customers just looked on in shock. Then another customer was at the front end, she'd just finished her purchase, and felt the need to make this soap box speech to the cashiers and the other customers in line. She stood by the exit and started shouting how she's proud to be shopping again and driving extra, she's personally restimulating our economy, she's a true patriot, blah blah. Mind you, this was about 5 minutes before we close, I overheard my coworker who had rung her up sigh under her breath, "I just wanna go home". I don't know what to say anymore, these people are my neighbors.

5. That was me, why didn't you say hi?

This_Is_Jessie and WhoTfIsWesday like this.
  6. Aw shucks, it was? To be honest, I just wanted to go home too 😂😂

WhoTfIsWesday and LetsGoBrandon like this.
  7. I'll forgive you this time

8. These ppls. Some dude came into my work the other day and went out of his way to tell at each of us personally "are you seriously trying to talk to me through a mask rn?!" I can't wait to catch Corona and die I'm bored of this

9. In my country we had so many people marching, during the last one(when the president talked about the quarantine extension) so many said the virus was fake and everything should open again, that there's a forbidden and secret vaccine(damn, also there was a antivaxxx march weeks ago), others saying 'the virus exist, the pandemic does not' and another one 'mask=muzzle'
    Those are just a few highlights

This_Is_Jessie and WhoTfIsWesday like this.
  10. I don't understand ppl. Like, what a dumb thing to be upset about, being asked to wear a mask.

11. Just-wear-your-damm-stupid-mask
    now my zone is back to Fase 1 thanks to all of them, yay to our almost 100 quarantine days (and probably more to come)

Maddi_Matsu and WhoTfIsWesday like this.