The devs need to find a way to prevent new players from getting scammed [Chat Screenshots]

Discussion in 'Other PIMD Discussion' started by WestAfricanMan, Jun 23, 2020.

1. You can't prevent stupidity. It's not going to be 100% scam-proof ever, no matter what ata does. I genuinely think that you're missing that point

Carrie, Muschi, Diablo and 1 other person like this.
  2. You could do that, but I'm sure scammers would find a way around that too. For ex., they can wait a few days to take advantage of a few day old account as well. :/

3. Everything that I would have said, has been said. I think anyone would pretty easily be able to tell that if you’re being asked to spend $200 something is fishy and ATA can’t fix stupid. Plus, I don’t think you’re allowed to post SS like this in forums, as I believe it is seen as defamation of the person, whether something shady is happening/has actually happened or not.

This_Is_Jessie likes this.
  4. They already set up the trading system, instead of trusting people will gift the items. I think that's about all they can do. Anyone should be wary of any stranger online wanting you to spend real money for something. Noobs aren't children (mostly), we're (mostly) all adults here. What's ridiculous are people buying bentos through Paypal etc. Unless there's a signed contract and valid receipt, hell no. But again, people should know this after being on this planet for a while.

Carrie likes this.
  5. Oooo if chibis are worth more then a 999 i should easy be able to get some 999s from her thanks for sharing

Carrie likes this.
  6. Cant prevent it irl. Cant expect to prevent it in a game