Do y’all watch tiktok??

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by __Cece__, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Now I know this seems like an app for “normies” but I thought it was stupid too till actually downloaded it. Thoughts??

Hildagarde likes this.
  2. I don't use the app but I'll watch a TikTok if it comes up on my other social media. Some are funny, some aren't. Not interested in downloading the app for it... I trust that the good ones will find their way to me. 😂

3. I watch it occasionally. It fills time nicely

4. I like it. There are lots of dif communities on it tho. Like there's a big indigenous community and lesbian community and obscure subgroups that I like that I'd never heard of, for example cottagecore. It's like a cooler version of tumblr w ppl who are funny cuz it's kinda similar to vine

BenSolo and Day like this.
  5. Cottagecore videos make me so happy and comfortable. Super soothing.

Prim and WhoTfIsWesday like this.
  6. Tik tok is shit! But not all of its users are crap some really do make great content(◍•ᴗ•◍)

7. Btw can someone tell what is today's POTD?(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ

8. DIY Tattoo -- check here in the future

9. Cringe central.

The only funny vids are the meme ones and those arent Tik Tok originals. All the original content is cringe as fuck

Maddi_Matsu and LeeJarrett like this.
  10. Stop using Chinese apps mfs

11. Tiktok is dumb. It’s like the new vine. Which was also dumb.

12. Stopped using it once I learned that the tiktok algorithm tries to prevent content creators it sees as "undesirable" from trending. So you'll mainly see trending videos from rich white kids. The algorithm tends to push out videos from generally "unattractive", poor, disabled or LGBT people.

Muschi and Maddi_Matsu like this.
  13. I'm to old for that shït

Maddi_Matsu likes this.
  14. There's ppl who look like they could keel over and die as they record on there. You can join 👀

Maddi_Matsu likes this.
  15. Ppl say that but my feed is like 90% bipoc and gay ppls. The algorithm is towards what you, yourself, look up usually/what videos you click like on or comment. The "for you" tab is individual for everyone. If there are ppl saying they don't get bipoc or lgbt videos, it's because in past they skipped past those videos when they saw them

16. Tick tock is ok, it fills time when I have nothing to do

17. I'll pass...

18. Excuse you, vine was great

WhoTfIsWesday likes this.
  19. The only thing I hated more than vine was having to listen to someone else in the room scroll through them on their phone. Was literally the most annoying shit 😂 I was glad it ended but it was just replaced by another 🙄