Unpopular opinion that nobody wants

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by Diablo, Jun 15, 2020.

?

Scem?

1. Scem 🗿

2. Protecc 🛡🤺

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I’ll probably get roasted for this but..

Uhhh so I hate to do this do myself 💀 and make myself look like the bad guy trying to advocate for a small portion of newer members of this game, but I feel like there’s not enough protection for them??? Like they are such vulnerable targets for some people to take advantage of. I don’t think there’s enough being done to stop them from being scammed. These starter members get scammed left and right and nobody seems to wanna do anything about it??? I get a lot of adds and pms from people warning me about other people and I try to warn others as well but like it’s obvious there’s members on this game that make spam accounts to trick people through pub/campus. It’s a KNOWN thing. So why does it feel like it’s being left up to the members to fend for themselves or fall victim? The tou says something about not making accounts to “affect the gameplay of others” or for malicious intent and this happens everyday so PLEASE why do I feel like it’s not even attempted to be stopped 💀 you’re just scaring away new members by not offering any kind of educative tutorial or warning or protection....it makes new people that literally just created accounts abandon them and not actually stay playing the game

Jude684 and basicwitch like this.
  2. I think experience is the best teacher

3. And you’re right. 100%. But bad early experiences will make people less likely to stay, and therefore new members of this game are most likely to leave.

_Pristine_ likes this.
  4. When noob me got scammed i was to noob to even understand i got scammed. Only knew i did once i learned the game. The thing that made me almost leave within the 1st week was i had 0 help no one eould help me and there was no such thing as tutorials or starter club or anything. Noobs have it soooooo much easier now

5. Trading is a player-created aspect as ata only intended gifting so it makes sense they wouldn't do anything for scamming except ec stuff which can get you banned (if you're farming for it). Idk. I was scammed a lot when I first started. Just help the peeps you can and the rest will get over their virtual items one day

Day, -Stella-5, Diablo and 1 other person like this.
  6. I haven’t been on this game long, but even with everything that there is for starters so far such as the tutorials....nothing touches base on the very well known trickery that goes on everyday 💀

7. Everyone gets scammed a lot. I’m just trying to figure out why mods don’t care?? I’ve submitted tickets and everything just asking and they literally just don’t care. Trade is in place for a reason, yes. But why are specific people allowed to make new accs just to scam and it’s clearly in the tou that that’s not allowed and I see the same specific people spamming pub and campus stuff like “first 5 furni gifts get a bento!!” And it’s not true 💀 it’s just a leech alt that will trade everything back to their main acc to sell or recycle. It makes me sick that they literally just sit all day and do this. And not to mention using the word “scammer” directed at anyone gets you silenced which makes it seem as though odds are against the victim......why? 💀

8. Because 99% of noobs are gonna quit anyway so why not get their items in circulation before they do?

9. Mods don't care because trading isn't an ata created part of the game. And creating new accounts isn't against you, you're allowed to have alts. They just can't all be created on the same device and it's supposed to be a manageable number. As for calling ppl a scammer...you can tell ppl in private chats. In public chat saying that stuff is slander, particularly since you could say it about anyone whether it's true or not. Try not to take it too seriously, it's just a game 🤷‍♀️ ppl have a way of getting too worked up about items and fake munnies on this app and it takes over their life.

Day and -Stella-5 like this.
  10. I snorted. Where do you come up with these things

Bamby, LetsGoBrandon and Diablo like this.
  11. This isn’t for me. I’ve never been scammed. I just hate having people make group chats of people who have been screwed over for being too naive and trusting someone. And there’s nothing that ATA is doing themselves to try and curtail this kind of behavior.

#7 under prohibited activity
    “This includes (but is not limited to) the creation of accounts with the intent of disrupting the gameplay experience of others”

Tbh why is this even written at all lol

12. As cynical as it sounds, you do have a valid point. But there still are noobs who stay on the game for a while, without progressing their accounts much. They should be protected :(

Bamby, Day and LetsGoBrandon like this.
  13. You have a point but this kind of mindset is what drives people to take advantage of the newbies.

FIeur, Bamby, Diablo and 1 other person like this.
  14. Can't control the way that people think 🤷‍♀️

Diablo and -Stella-5 like this.
  15. Nobody's gonna protect them later on either, it's best for them just to learn the lesson.

-Stella-5 likes this.
  16. My mind's a wild place

Diablo, Day, -Stella-5 and 1 other person like this.
  17. Character building.

No one warns you that prince of africa who desperately needs your help and money to get home to his rightful place is a scammer before the email comes through.

18. Moron

FIeur likes this.
  19. No but everyone knows that it’s a scam

Diablo, Day and Victoria like this.
  20. Once every hour, someone is involved in an internet scam. That man is Michael Scott. He's supporting about twenty Nigerian princesses.

Bamby, Diablo, Youch and 5 others like this.