Contest - Room Decor

Discussion in 'Other PIMD Discussion' started by Growl, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Hi everyone! I hope you are all keeping well in these troubling times.

I have a quick contest that I think may be fun - you decorate your room in PIMD to look like your own, or your ideal room, give a short explanation as to why you have chosen key items(you don't have to do this for every individual item) and I'll chose 3 rooms that I think stand out.
    [​IMG]

This will be judged only by myself, to eliminate bias, it will be based on my own personal taste and your dedication to the contest, for example, if you have an amazingly decorated room but don't give an explanation as to why you've chosen this style, you most likely will not be picked as a winner, I want to see everyone's creative flair really shine!

The contest will end on the 5th of June at 8pm (GMT) and the prize for each winner will be a MOD CRATE.

Any questions? Feel free to wall me/dm me/gift me at any point!

Muschi and Maddi_Matsu like this.
  2. My room is my dreamish room. The items were mostly picked as I think they work well together but some reflect bits of my personality.

The pineapple pic above plant is significant because a) I love then and b) Pineapple is a code word for something really significant in my life.

The plant and night stand have books, which I adore. I'm always reading, always. I omce read 120 books in 1 year.

The rug, shelves, above bed, desk and above desk are things I like the look of, including similar real life items that I'd love to have in my bedroom.

The poster is something I find funny and
    Liked a lot.

The lamp is a nod to romantiscation and gothic aeshetics I've studied in my literature class

The 499 I found cute and as a kid my pops used to bring home glass figurines of animals, fairys etc. This reminds me of that.

The wallpaper and floor I liked.

And finally the 999 and bookcase, are reminiscent of the Horror genre, which I love.

Whoops I got carried away. Sorry lol

Catherine2207 and Growl like this.
  3. [​IMG]

My dorm currently looks very very similar to my old bedroom at my parents house. I picked that room because I can remember as a teenager it was the place I was most comfortable.
    My old room was painted a dark purple, which my mom always hated. I had white furniture, that was frequently repainted white after I used it to test nail polish colors, or doodle with sharpies. I always had Christmas lights hanging around the windows, and my bed. I liked the softness of the lights and the way they lit the room just enough to see. I also had a window that went out into the roof of the house, where my friends and I would hangout. The 999 of the hanging chair in front of the window sort of reminds me of that. As an adult, I stayed at my parents one night to watch their dogs while they were out of town. One of my friends who’s been around for years came over and we sat on the roof drinking beers where we used to hangout lol we probably looked ridiculous but it’s a nice memory I have.

Catherine2207, Growl, kala146 and 2 others like this.
  4. Okay, but it’ll be pretty empty

Lavender_tea and WhoTfIsWesday like this.
  5. Hmmmm I can't think of many items that would make it look like my bedroom. Cool idea though

Growl likes this.
  6. My dorm is one my ideal dream rooms to have. The poster I have on my dorm is my astrological sign which is Sagittarius. I really like stellar and lunar themed furnitures and things like that because I love the mystical vibe it gives. I also kind of prefer dark themed rooms instead of bright ones because its more calming to the eyes when I login.☄🌙

7. So the overall look I’ve chosen for my dorm is the kind of room I wish I could have but there’s no way I could get away with a room that dark in real life 😂

I’ve chosen the desk for my dorm because it’s similar to one I have in rl but in white.
    The above plant/above desk because it’s a camera/has pictures on it and I love photography (although I may not be the best at it) and have a bunch of pictures up in my room that have some great memories attatched to them.
    The 999/499 I’ve chosen because of the cats and who doesn’t love cats?
    All of the other pieces of furni are just some of my favourite that match my dorm

8. Aww this is really great concept, except that I don’t have my own room at the moment to match. But feel free to check my dorm, it’s not pretty and not aesthetically pleasing but it has personality and shows what I like, even the whiskey bottles yes 😂

9. My dorm in PIMD is my ideal room because it illustrates the lgbtq pride I wish to show in real life. I currently live with my parents and am still closeted to them, so my room has white walls and no posters/decorations in real life. As a result, I have chosen a light and colourful theme to contrast the bland reality.

I love love love the bed here because not only is it sparkly, but has gay and trans pillows. I chose this poster instead of the other pride ones because it subtly resembles the colours of the lesbian pride flag. I also used the VIPlife bookshelf and desk to add to the overall theme (and for a sneaky daytime drink).

The two hearts rug represents the two puppies laying on it, as well as how much I adore puppies! Also the axolotl is super adorable. This room allows me to express myself creatively and represent my identity. It has also given me so many ideas of how to style my ideal room in real life!

[​IMG]
    https://imgur.com/gallery/XZgkvPj

Growl likes this.
  10. Fixed the image for ya. 🥰

Keyla likes this.
  11. Is it necessary to post an image here or just the explanation is fine?

12. I like my dorm cause it's kinda how I want my place to look like in the future. A bit modern but also comfortable and makes me feel at home.

13. [​IMG]

In my stay here in PIMD, I only had 1 full set of dorm and it was even given by my friends, it was from the Jixiang Hunt 🙈 I never had any interest in other furnitures because it's hard to get a complete set of dorm, and I always want my dorm in set. I've always been so strict about it because I never had the confidence to do the mix and match. But I was inspired by one of my friends 🙊 because she keeps on collecting furnitures that she likes, she designs her dorm anytime she wants, and she's just always being herself. After that, I also decided to collect the furnitures that I want and is in line with my interests 🙈 I mostly love collecting furnitures of paintings and portraits, I find them aesthetically pleasing and the fact that I love art and that I'm a frustrated artist is also one of the reasons why 🙈 Now, I try to redecorate my dorm once in awhile. I'm having more fun than ever and I always leave a bit of myself in every furniture that I try to put in. ❤

Lea likes this.
  14. [​IMG]
    In real life, people say that ”Eyes are the window to one’s soul”. Here in PIMD, I believe that saying applies with dorms.

Looking through my dorm in PIMD you can already guess my likes, interests, and even what I dislike. For example, I have puppies and aquariums in my dorm. Its because I have fond memories living with puppies and pets living in tanks whether it be fish, guinea pigs, or spiders.

I also have a lot of light giving furnis in my dorm, its because I have nyctophobia 🤧 Astronomy has always been one of my interests hence the galaxy inspired furnis and of course I love books, as you can see hahaa with my choice of ign.

15. CONTEST OVER! i have now liked the three winner’s posts! you guys all had amazing rooms! enjoy your crates 🦋

16. Oh my goodness thank you x

Growl likes this.
  17. Awww im sad i didn't see this earlier 😔