One Day

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by WhoTfIsWesday, May 8, 2020.

1. One of my favourite things to think about is how things like cocaine and meth were recommended as treatment for mental and physical ailments, how in certain cultures women used to be forced to wear corsets or have foot binding or all the infanticide that was happening and then about how many people in modern day are judging those behaviors and then I wonder, what in future are people going to look back on, that seems completely normal in our society, and be like they did what??? Those savages!!

Personally I think antidepressants and most amphetamines like ritalin and adderall will make the list. The idea of a far in the future textbook chapter discussing the horrific mass sterilization of animals (spaying/neutering) and how we accidentally made cats and dogs extinct amuses me. Maybe high heels will be judged.

Idk what do you think future peeps will look back on and be mortified about?

Alicia, Day and bloodhoney like this.
  2. Definitely abortion

WhoTfIsWesday likes this.
  3. There’s certain medical procedures that are still done today that just seem barbaric, but no ones figured out a better way to do them yet. Joe Rogan did a podcast with a medical historian her names Lindsey something... she talks about old tools they used and how surgeries were done without anesthesia and it’s pretty wild. Worth a watch if you’re bored.

Carrie and WhoTfIsWesday like this.
  4. I can definitely see people thinking high heels are ridiculous. They kind of already seem silly to me sometimes, ngl. I personally want to see what people will think of the style compared to that of future times.

As for medical procedures, I’m sure almost all of them will be seen as somewhat barbaric. I mean, people in the medical field often talk about how far modern medicine has come within our lifetime. So I don’t have any doubts that someday even our most advanced procedures will seem crude.

Carrie, Alicia and WhoTfIsWesday like this.
  5. Weed & Lsd being used to treat different cancers & other medical conditions

Alicia, Day and WhoTfIsWesday like this.
  6. They're considering making shrooms legal in Canada to be used as a treatment for some mental illnesses

Alicia and Day like this.
  7. I’ve heard it’s good for people with ptsd

Alicia and Day like this.
  8. I did a school presentation about mdma. They’ve been microdosing with therapy to treat ptsd and it’s gotten great results

Alicia likes this.
  9. And cocaine is good for asthma and pain relief

Day and Maddi_Matsu like this.
  10. They're going to look back at people playing Fortnite.. PuBG, Minecraft, and PIMD and be like wtfff where they thinking??? 🤣

Alicia, Sansa, Day and 3 others like this.
  11. Touché

WhoTfIsWesday and Day like this.
  12. People who don't like high heels must not understand the magic they can do to a pair of legs.

Dentistry. I think people are going to look back and be like 😱 they did what to their teeth!? Drilled holes and removed them willy nilly!?

Alicia and WhoTfIsWesday like this.
  13. Not worth the torture

14. I currently look at dentistry and am frightened. I don’t wanna imagine what people will think of it.

15. High heels look good (to our present perspective) but they permanently deform your feet and can cause numerous injuries. They hurt for a reason, it's not just the body being weird 👀 dentistry is interesting. I wonder what they'll do in future for teeth health

16. I imagine them in the 25th century having, like, 21st century themed Halloween parties where they all put on high heels and skinny jeans and laugh about how vintage they all look

Carrie, Sansa and Day like this.
  17. I picture people in ugg boots and leggings too, complimenting eachother on how old fashioned they look.

Carrie and WhoTfIsWesday like this.
  18. Guys spiking their hair. I think we'll hold onto it for a solid 1000 years before discarding it, though.

19. Wearing such basic clothing, lol. I’m sure sometime in the future it would be the norm to wear overwhelmingly extravagant pieces like how you see in the Hunger Games

20. That's something rich people have always done; I don't think that'll change ever. Poorer populations/people who aren't hella shallow will continue to pay minimal attention to their appearance