EVENT Pirate Practice

Discussion in 'Events' started by ATAClaptrap, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Hopefully they release a side story today, and she'll be in it.

Harpia and Carrie like this.
  2. Supposedly from the third side story... but they won’t even put out a second one πŸ™ƒ

Harpia likes this.
  3. YAAAY FINALLY A SECOND SIDE STORY!!

Muschi, Infamous and Harpia like this.
  4. I think the PvP side story was meant to be the second side story, which is why we didn't get the "second" one Friday AND why there's an avi in this one as avis typically show up in the first and third side stories.

Now if only I could get the female box avi, I'll be happy

Muschi, Sam and Mittens like this.
  5. Can we please get rid of these stupid avi boxes?? Or like make it so we can choose which one we want instead of getting Avis we will never use.. thanks!

6. So even the side story avatar is inside boxes? Sorry if it's a dumb question. These changes get confusing, it feels like every hunt is a new experiment and we don't get informed of what has changed so we have to figure it out along the way, and personally I don't like that.

The avatar boxes are awful.

7. Are any other smaller players finding this hunt harder than normal? I feel like I'm not even getting timmer box drops from parties like I use to.

-BB, Kaetus, FireWalkWithMe and 5 others like this.
  8. Correct.

They usually only announce changes once, so they did announce the avatar boxes when they first came out, but generally speaking they don’t announce for changes in the story tiers.

Carrie and Muschi like this.
  9. The limit for this hunt is only 3. :(

Alaska, itsclara, LeeJarrett and 4 others like this.
  10. Well done ATA. This hunt finally did the trick :D now I have a good reason to take a break.

11. Corrections 🀧

There are some aspects of this hunt that I love and other aspects that are tad bit disappointing.

The team certainly did a goob job with the designs of avatars from the hunt boxes, main and side stories, and leaderboard. It feeds into my nostalgia of watching Sinbad as a child. The miscs are not too bad. And it's amazing that they incorporated PvP into the hunt.

─────────────

I have only two issues with the hunt.

1. VIP Avatar

I suppose after being pointed out on numerous occasions that it doesn't make sense that we acquire the VIP before we get the regular ones, ATA decided on a method that made sense. Separate the VIP avatars and make them just as challenging to be acquired. I wasn't a fan of the box avatar before but I didn't really care since we could get both VIPs anyway. Now, I'm not in favour of this new change.

It is also disappointing that one of the avatar boxes was placed as a final reward for the PvP story. It would've been nice if there was a different avatar for PvP participation especially when it takes this much effort. It doesn't feel rewarding to get an avatar that we used to get as a package from a side story.

2. Time-oriented PvP

The timed PvP has a plus and minus. The good part is that everyone gets a chance at being on the mini leaderboard every hour. The difficulty I faced is being in the game at the right time. Choosing between PvP and parties was never difficult because you never really had to choose.

But for this situation, if I came in and there was only 20 minutes left on the timer, I am only able to hit the party just enough to regenerate fully when the timer restarts. It almost feels like a waiting game. Because you would want to get as many unloads as possible during that hour without using DNS. This is perhaps due to my lack of strategy but to a degree, the mechanics feel inconvenient.

─────────────ο½₯.q.:Β¨*β€’β™¬βœ§

It's not a bad hunt. There are a lot of positive aspects but there are certain things that can be improved as well.

Nattie, Cavalera and Muschi like this.
  12. so I just pulled the male vip avi from the 16K drop where the hell do i get the female at now?

13. End of the PvP story

Muschi likes this.
  14. I really liked the hunt story avas :)
    Finally , it's atleast better than The Easter ones :(

15. In other words, if you hate pvp then you're screwed out of getting the avi you wanted. I'm stuck with the female vip that I will never use.

I wish ATA would at least give us the option to change the gender at the end of the event.

Maverickxxvii likes this.
  16. On the other hand, if you like pvp you get no avi's at all. Tell us more about how unfair this game is to party fairies please.

-BB and Muschi like this.
  17. Not sure what goes on in the PvP side of the game since I'm still in the learning process and it's not something I'm interested in, but I still stand by the idea that ATA should give us the option to choose our genders for avatars.

18. Julie isn't speaking against that, per say. She just means that the avi being on the PvP storyline actually gives a chance for people that PvP to earn an avatar through that. There aren't many chances of that on the game anymore. But it can be disappointing for people in your shoe's as well... a gender selection like you suggested, removing the avi boxes and placing them back together, or even having a separate set of avis for the PvP storyline, would be a few good compromises!

Day likes this.
  19. Ooh, they could put reg avis in the party story and VIP in PvP and switch it out each hunt, and possibly create another set of avis if need be to make that work.

Wish they'd more actively read and take into account our suggestions.

Muschi likes this.
  20. This would be interesting! But it would only be plausible if they plan on having a PvP portion be part of every hunt, or at least more regular.

LeeJarrett and Day like this.