Is this person telling the truth?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by whatisgoingon, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Okay, so I don't want to fight but I need to know what percentage of you guys really BELIEVE the things this dude is saying. I will try to be direct and simple on this post.
    Recently I met a player here and all the things he said seemed a bit... weird, to put it lightly. Then I found out he is a known user of forums and after reading lots of posts, old ones and new ones... I needed to ask something: do you people really believe that this particular player is telling the absolute truth about who he is and how his life is?

I don't want to seem like I am targeting anybody but it really makes me suspicious. Not about everything but some things seem fake and like he is playing some sort of "character" and the things said arent all reality. I'm not going to bring up names because it could be seen as harassment but I guess at this point you know who it is. The main red flag for me (and what caused me to be worried) was when said person allegedly "gave" his phone to his "child" and the child was "sending messages" in the most broken words I have ever seen, in a way that not even a child would type. It made me feel like this user isnt being honest about many, many aspects of his life and is instead seeking attention through things that are serious matters (alcoholism, violence, etc). I am not one to judge about broken english because it is not my first language and not everyone is good with words, so that is not a problem; but some things that he tells people and also his behavior are wayyy off and his popularity surprises me, so I wanted to ask everyone here who are always being very welcoming of him.

I just want to know if someone knows this person in real life, and knows if he is being honest or pretending to be like this. Or at least if he really has kids and his child is really being allowed to play this game because it is definitely not suitable for a 7 year old (as it is claimed by ""the child"") and the things said here should not be seen by kids so this guy is being very irresposible if that is true, and it disturbs me.

I know he has friends and it is not my intention to attack anybody, and yeah I'm on alt because I don't want fights. I'm just worried and stunned bc I never met anyone like this on the internet and I am struggling to believe that the things he says are real. Tell me what you think.

2. I don’t know who you’re referring to. But if you don’t believe them to be truthful, why talk to them? 😮

3. I know exactly who you're talking about. I would said I am friendly with this user. Many people have raised concerns about this user and his language, his parenting skills (or lack thereof), and some belief it's just an elaborate trolling attempt.

Quite honestly, I don't know. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt with what they say to me unless I am led to reasonably believe otherwise. I honestly don't believe it is fake, but I agree this user does make some bad choices. I wouldn't argue with anyone that believes this user is faking it though because I wouldn't say I'm 100% positive that it is 100% real.

Several of his accounts have been banned in the past in part for the child[ren]'s use of the app, among other things.

4. The person's character doesn't fit with anything I've ever seen before and I highly suspect the user to be a compulsive liar on top of some other things because I can't make sense of everything without some of it at least being exaggerated or completely faked.

5. Yeah, I had thought about compulsive lying or just attention seeking, because a lot of things are really off and don't add up, it is some weird behavior. And really in another situation I would have talked directly to the person, but it is hard to have conversations with this person and I don't think would be worth it. And it was more of a curiosity to see what other people think about it, because I never saw anything like this before. Thank you all for replying.

LeeJarrett likes this.
  6. I'm stupid as fuck but even I got you talking about me. Every one that know me know you talking about me so just say my name I don't give a fuck. Beleave what you want I already know most people on here hate me so I really don't give a fuck about 1 more person being added to that. If you don't like me don't talk to me and just unadd me. I'm not normal n never will be coz I'm stupid as fuck n broken as fuck. Not every one has a perfect life

7. Off topic, but did you ever get into rehab?

LeeJarrett and Carrie like this.
  8. im positive this wasnt a personal attack against you and it was truly just that this person wanted to reach out and receive advice/help

9. Too many words

RoseMilkTea and whatisgoingon like this.
  10. ? 👀

11. Don't needa can do it my own just get hard as fuck when my head keep say need more drinks but needa try not but idc it can fuck off to I just acidently punch to hard some times but idc it to

12. I think talking to someone sometimes is nice. It’s just a good thing to keep in mind if you need more assistance.

Carrie and Muschi like this.
  13. I agree. I haven't struggled with addiction, but going to therapy for my mental illnesses helped me a lot.

14. That just for chicks I don't needa it

15. Well... Benefit of the doubt and all that.

I have my principles and try to treat others as I would like to be treated (there are exceptions). This includes not being judgemental or accusatory unless I feel like there are legitimate reasons. And during my own interactions with him, which weren't many, I haven't been given reasons to be upset or act harshly. So I am friendly and considerate as with anyone else.

You want to know if I have doubted things before? Of course. All things on the internet must be taken with a grain of salt because we never know when others are lying behind anonymous profiles. A lot of people lie online. About small, insignificant things and also about big things. But really? It doesn't matter much to me (unless the lie is malicious and/or prejudicial to others).

I give the benefit of the doubt not because I'm gullible, but because when there's no real proof of a lie, it could be true. And I enjoy being kind to others. At the end of the day, everyone deals with their own conscience and I'll be at peace with mine.

Amarilove and Muschi like this.
  16. You will never know for sure why a person is how they are. And if you're not someone they trust, like a therapist or loved one, then it really doesn't matter and you probably will never have an answer.

I'm a very curious person and while I like to privately speculate about what makes some people act in certain ways, there is an ethical dilemma behind this and peoples' privacy should be respected.

You spoke harshly, saying they were a nuisance and more. While there may be some engaging curiosity here, I want to point out the negativity and harshness of this. You tried your best to explain away things that would make this seem negative, to the point that I skipped half of it.

You should have ommitted it and the rest of the post. If you wouldn't ask them directly, don't ask everyone else in public.

17. Okay, I'm sorry for the way I presented my thoughts. I know I will never know WHY this person acts that way and that was not the point of my post. The question was directed to people who interact with him and know him. Maybe someone knew him personally in real life and could confirm that my suspicion is wrong and that he is telling the truth. I don't know and I was speculating. It all seems like a very dedicated troll and I was wondering why people indulge and if you all know something that I don't.
    And about talking to him directly about it: you all know why I choose to not do that. And as I said I wanted to talk to other people about it. I'm not disrespecting privacy because all of this is public and he is putting it out there in public channels of this game. I was nice not to report because I didn't believe it was an actual 7 year old on the app, but if somehow that's true it's a bit messed up.and shouldnt be done at all.

and apparently my post wasnt too many words or too complicated so it appears a bit too easy to slip out of the "character" when it's convenient....... Idk

18. May as well repeat it. If you want to know something about someone, the nest source is them.

19. Internet is full of fake people. Or for that matter this world is full of people faking to be what they're not. Trust at your own risk.

whatisgoingon likes this.
  20. Have you guys ever met someone in rl who's suffered from many concussions?
    I have, and that's my arm chair diagnosis. Anyways, you do you Luka.