RE: my thread got locked

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by Chulo, Apr 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Okay clearly I upset some ATA by exposing something that’s been going on in this game. Just because the age of consent is 16, you’re NOT getting the point??? (Age of consent differs per state anyway) The person probably has sought out other people who were below the age of 16. I am 18+, and I know people on this game that are below the age of 16. There’s no way of PIMD knowing unless they state they’re underage but they ARE here. So what is PIMD going to do to help protect the kids that get messaged privately asking for PICTURES?

More needs to be done

There’s just so many people asking for snap chat as well. It’s sickening

2. There's a block button. If someone gets unwanted messages for whatever reason they can block them bam no more messages from that person 🤷 Plus this is a 17+ game. And honestly for people way younger then that who play this game, that's on the parents for not monitoring what their kids do online 😊 Ata does what they can when it's stated in public channels and reported.

Ciara, NightingaIe, Phobia and 2 others like this.
  3. I don’t think it was locked because you “exposed” anything. We all know that happens. It most likely got locked because you posted screenshots of a pm and that’s against their rules. Also while we’re in the subject.... playing the game under 17 is against the rules. Asking people for rl money or accepting rl money from someone is against the rules. Requesting or sharing personal info (nudes?) against the rules. There are already rules saying you can’t do this. So wtf do you want them to do? Pose as a child to catch someone being a creep on an anonymous cellphone phone game? If anything this game is safer than any social media. No one knows what you look like, where you’re from, your name.. nothing. The only thing people know is what you share with them. You are in control. Hit that block button. Move tf on.

Ciara, Carrie, Maddi_Matsu and 2 others like this.
  4. This. ^

Phobia, Carrie, Day and 2 others like this.
  5. ^That and the punishments & polices for this stuff was explained to you in the thread. A mod likely thought the conversation was over.

6. Also, just for future reference...making a whole thread to question why your previous thread was locked usually never gets anywhere.

You'd be better off talking to the mod who locked it if they answer in the thread, or sending a ticket to support.

7. Also, I just have to bring it up. ATA and game rules aside, who tf cares if someone asks for your Snapchat? Please introduce me to the fucking douche wizard who has mastered the powers of mind control in which by asking for your Snapchat name you are put into a trance and forced against your will to type and send it to him.. JUST FUCKING SAY NO. Or say nothing at all. Say anything you want. No one is required to entertain these people. Get over it.

ThePhoenix2HisSloth and Carrie like this.
  8. The block button does indeed do wonders.

9. Exactly. While it is gross that some of these people are looking for minors, minors also shouldn't be on this game. And these pervs are anonymous strangers to you: just block them, they can't make you do anything. They don't even know who you are. It doesn't matter.

We can't expose private messages and unfortunately that's the policy. But if you ever see (I always spot them) these creeps asking for minors on public channels (pub, walls etc), report the message and that's about it. Mods will take care of it.

10. This is a game not s baby siter it not ata job to watch kids. They have said a fuck ton of times this is a 17+ game. If kids choze to ignore that then it they own folt. For pub it makes you put how old you are before can even see any thing in it or talk in it. If they lie that's not ata folt. Stop bitching n go play with your barbie dolls or some shit. I seen 11yr olds on here that care less about what hapens on this game then what you do

Carrie and ThePhoenix2HisSloth like this.
  11. This repetitive BS is what's killed forums
    Let's just asign someone to each kid
    Like a parent or something
    To watch over them

12. Report to: tips.fbi.gov

Muschi likes this.
  13. You couldn't even expose one person.

First: You were 16 which is legal in tonnes of places around the world, and would - at best - attract a hebophile.

Second: You didn't even really catch them thirsting

Third: You posted an ss of pm in forums with the intent to damn them which is malicious and results in deletions of threads. Because they would not consent to it being in here.

Fourth: You are doing nothing to help the problem.

What would help? Banning them? Well, not THEM. But if you were pretending to be far younger, and sent the ss to a.t.a, both you and they would probably be banned because pimd is 17+ and all those who are younger get banned.

Banning them won't work. How about educating the kids about not being predated, showing them red flags and what to do:
    "Stranger Danger" online. Don't send out your personal info. Block them. Only keep friends that you trust, etc.

14. No they were “catfishing” as a 16 yo. Also the game is 17+ so if they were actually 16 and sent the ss in like you said they still could’ve been banned.

15. I think what Kefo means is that if OP tried to use that screenshot as proof of the person being a creep, it would also be proof of OP being 16 even though OP isn't. Since even claiming to be underage, even if it is a joke or a way to entrap creeps, is against the rules. ATA can't take action against the one violation (soliciting minors) but not the other (being or claiming to be a minor). So in the end it doesn't matter if OP is 16 or not, all that matters is that they said they were 16.

16. Y’all. “This is whats wrong with forums”

Nah, this is. I post one thing and I get freaking crucified. Y’all need to calm down, I posted this because it disturbed me. Not because I’m not aware of block functions and report functions. Also, I didn’t know posting SS wasn’t allowed. Go on, keep stoning me. “This is why forums are dead”

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.