Wyd

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Kefo, Apr 11, 2020.

?

What are the main benefits of self-isolation for you?

1. Opportunity to spend time with the pets

2. Opportunity to not get or transmit deadly virus

3. Opportunity for great Self-improvement

4. Opportunity for Baking and cooking projects

5. Opportunity to focus on Artistic Expression

6. Opportunity to plan for the rest of the apocalypse

7. Opportunity to get in the garden! I can make my own food in this crisis.

8. Opportunity to spend more quality time with the family

9. Opportunity to reflect on my own life, have a breather, maybe plan things.

10. Opportunity to consoom lots of media!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Many of you are self-isolating due to The Pandemic, and I've personally been struggling to get enough Vitamin-D and keep my mood up during it.

I'm struggling to find motivation, and it's clear that this time can be a challenge however it is also an opportunity, and if it's managed right, you can redirect your energy, build your energy, and do something productive and thrive even in isolation.

The question for you is, what do you see as being the main benefit of self-isolation?
    This goes out to essential workers as well.

Plz add comments below too if you have other ideas or whatnot.

Maddi_Matsu and Muschi like this.
  2. I coach my daughter's softball team. I don't get to practice much just with her because my time's spent helping the whole team. Well let me te you...this girl is gonna be an allstar this year. We've been practicing everyday. She's improved a lot!

WhoTfIsWesday and Kefo like this.
  3. There’s a world wide benefit of our carbon footprint going down

SolarisLuxorium likes this.
  4. My family and I got two puppies before our state issued the stay-at-home orders. I've been using the time to work on training them. Both know recall commands, sit command, and words like "outside/inside" and "breakfast/dinner." One of them will lie down on command. Both will let me touch their paws and trim their nails, and right now I am working on acquainting them with a dremel. One of them also needs to learn how to walk on a leash nicely, which is being worked on too.

Other than that, I spend time on my phone (mostly playing pimd) or napping.

WhoTfIsWesday likes this.
  5. Im still working everyday, like nothing has changed

6. I'm still working so nothing has really changed for me except now I have to find a sitter for my daughter everyday where she used to be in school while I worked.

Maddi_Matsu likes this.
  7. I’ve been reading soooooo much. Currently on The Wretched of the Earth by Frantz Fanon and Violence by Slavjo Zizek.

Kefo likes this.
  8. I'm still working but i am at home now.

It's nice to be home with my partner and animals and chill at home for my breaks but I'm still mentally exhausted after work and haven't changed much of my regular at home routines/activities.

9. I drift back and forth between having the most unproductive days of my laif (I laid on the couch and played video games for 6 hours 3 days ago. I haven't touched a video game in ages) to getting lots of stuff done, teaching myself things and doing homework and writing stories and stuffs. I actually don't mind the isolation, the main drawback is being alone a lot. Although I've also kind of been seeing a smol bubble of friends when we get too kennel crazy

10. Liar, you’ve barely read😂

11. Let me cap in peace 🙄

Muschi likes this.
  12. I'm an introvert person and I'm staying at home most of the time so nothing really has changed while I'm self-isolated. But I guess being able to breathe is the benefit for me for now because a lot of people dying during pandemic and I'm glad I'm not one of those who are struggling. I do wish this viral virus stops soon and hope for the best to all of us.

Muschi likes this.
  13. Still work but reduced hours.

Idk why I'm essential but apparently I am. Even though our client has closed all its stores down.

Other than that, I just play some COD, help out in the garden, do some chores, browse the tubes, chat with friends, etc.

14. Depends on how you put it. Most of the people whom you are addressing as essential workers are in fact not essential. If the government counted them as essential they would have had a company wide letter addressed from the government itself calling them "Essential Infrastructure Workers" hence the letter I received from my company along with a notice of travel. Most of these small businesses and fast food places tell you that you are an essential worker but that is just to keep you working and make you feel special. And to say about this "hazard pay". I havent received a bit of hazard pay even tho I have to fly from chicago to alabama everytime i go home or back to work and most of the time doing a joint flight in either houston or Dallas. Lost of so called "risk", where i could get covid19. And tbh I'm not afraid of covid19. I've already had it and gotten over it in 2 weeks. And as it is it's easy for me to lie about saying I had it but it's the first time I've had a fever in my entire life. And to all the people that have chances to get their old jobs back or a new one but dont wanna do it because unemployment pays pretty well. You are part of the reason why we are failing as a country.

On a side note. To everyone that has said thank a truck driver for the food or toilet paper in the stores. Well I'm here to say your welcome for that tank of gas in your little ugly car 🌚 Your welcome for the diesel in your truck or the truck delivering the items to the store. And someone's probably gonna say well the 18 wheelers are the ones that deliver that stuff. But you dont really think that's how it works do you? I'll lay it out tbh.

1 The oil field obtains the oil from the ground or ocean.
    2 A Towboat with Chemical Barges. Hence my job. The barges are filled up with the unrefined oil and taken to a refinery.
    3 The refinery makes your diesel and the byproduct gasoline and then a truck driver picks it up in a tanker.

Sorry for the rant at the end but I thought I'd put the truth out there about that.

Kefo likes this.
  15. I started work 3 days before lockdown and worked all the way thru but i was pritty much doing it for ages before then anyway. I sorted thru my stuff got rid of shit didnt need anymore sold as much as i could donated the rest. Did gaming. Made food. Tidy up the yard. Probly did other stuff to but idk dont remember fúck all of actul stuff i did really coz main thing i did was just get wastdn but dont do that

Kefo likes this.
  16. I haven't self isolated.

However this pandemic has made me realize that you should grow your own weed. It's become so hard to score lately

17. You should try to quit. It's really hard, but the best decision I ever made.

18. What? I use weed as a stress buster cuz I have a really busy schedule. And it's the best stress buster there is. So quitting isn't an option

19. I feel ya, I used to be the same way. But I quit because people started lacing it around here and it wasn't worth the risk. I have 0 regrets about quitting. Some days I'd still really love to smoke, even though it's been 10+ years, but I'm super proud of myself that I don't.

Muschi likes this.