Useless

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RoseMilkTea, Apr 6, 2020.

1. [​IMG][​IMG]

I like this sort of style, but you’d have to buy them individually, as in one teacup and saucer.

WhoTfIsWesday likes this.
  2. Fine china is pretty, but I feel like I would always be like "these are for SPECIAL OCCASIONS ONLY" but no occasion is special enough so they are just there for display and to collect dust. 🥺 Just because they're so fragile and expensive, I would be scared to use them.

3. I fell in love with them as a kid in a similar fashion! But now I work at a place that sells loose leaf tea so I’ve gradually gotten more interested in the idea of owning a nicer set.

RoseMilkTea and WhoTfIsWesday like this.
  4. Tea automatically tastes 1000% better when served in one of these.

I love that first one, lil tropical vibes

Day, WhoTfIsWesday and Maddi_Matsu like this.
  5. I inherited some fancy tea cups & matching plates from my Nana

WhoTfIsWesday likes this.
  6. Show us!

Maddi_Matsu likes this.
  7. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Kefo, Day and WhoTfIsWesday like this.
  8. Ooo i like those. The shape of the saucer is different @Maddi_Matsu

Maddi_Matsu likes this.
  9. I’ve always wanted a trash looking home or just a simple small place but with like a secret bookshelf or some form of hidden area within the home that opens up to a sweet af room (or depending on money) whole secret floor level where all the money is put into.

Maddi_Matsu and Day like this.
  10. These are stunning! I love the contrast from the outer design to the inside of the cup.

Maddi_Matsu likes this.
  11. I wanted this as a kid all the time omg

Maddi_Matsu likes this.
  12. Idk if I’d call it a saucer, you can fit a small slice of cake on it! But it is certainly unique. I like that there’s a little indentation in the plate for the cup, feels extra fancy.
    My Nana definitely had good taste! I also love that there’s a design inside the cup, I’m a sucker for that kinda thing.

13. Why stop there?? Why not a pool in a room within secret room to swim in your money

Maddi_Matsu likes this.
  14. 🤔

Maddi_Matsu likes this.
  15. Secret lairs are awesome

But also ridiculously expensive. You need the kind of property that can conceal it so that's at least like 2 million, and then constructing the hidden room and disguised passageway, and having the room be large enough for like a bar, extra secure+hidden storage within it, etc. 😕 That's 1% and a half

16. What if you just put a bookcase in front of the door like they did in Parasite

Maddi_Matsu likes this.
  17. We looked at 7 bedroom 4k sqft recently....it was only $250k

Granted it needed some work, but I'd estimate that'd only cost another $50k.

Also, you have to be okay with a 2 hour drive to the grocery store.

But the dream can be achieved is the moral of my story.

Kefo likes this.
  18. In parasite they had a whole bunker and stairway leading to it behind the cabinet. 😭 And a lever...
    I guess you could just have a room with one door and a bookshelf obscuring it but you'd have to manually push that heavy bookshelf aside if you wanted to enter it, and people might feel like there's a weird gap or unused space in your house if it's too small and be suspicious.

19. Ur such a libertarian sometimes Julie 😂

It can be achieved but a lot goes into a good secret lair. Have to plan and design it. I think houses are usually build with the idea of concealing one. I have my doubts about the quality of execution when fenagling one into an already-built house.

LetsGoBrandon likes this.
  20. I can't deny I do love me some Ron Paul.

This house was also built in the 1870s so......it very well may have a good secret lair. Hard to tell with houses that old, they've been remodeled 10x atleast.