Easter

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by WhoTfIsWesday, Apr 3, 2020.

1. So, it's almost Easter. Every year around this time a bunch of irresponsible parents buy their kids a bunny rabbit in an attempt to be festive and then they go and abandon it because a bunny is actually a pet with needs. The people doing this may be less this year, because coronavirus, but if you have the resources and were thinking of getting a pet pls go to your local shelter a week or two after easter and pick up a bunny. Right now is a good time to buy a cage. Pet stores overcharge for bunny food, you can buy bales of hay from farmers for like $5 and keep it in you or someone you know's garage. Save the planet, love animals. The end.

2. Never heard of people doing this

Buwbuw likes this.
  3. All I care about is,

Don't buy

Adopt.

:)

WhoTfIsWesday likes this.
  4. I sometimes volunteer in shelters and after easter til end of summer is peak season for ppl abandoning bunnies

Muschi likes this.
  5. That sucks big time

6. I’ve heard about the issues with people abandoning bunnies 😕 I honestly can’t imagine being like that. They’re literally such cool pets

WhoTfIsWesday and Maddi_Matsu like this.
  7. The governor of my state decided that the Easter bunny and tooth fairy are “essential workers”

I’ve had a pet bunny for almost a year now (nothing do to with Easter) and that big boi eats and sleeps better than I do tbh

Maddi_Matsu and WhoTfIsWesday like this.
  8. Pls show bunny

Maddi_Matsu and WhoTfIsWesday like this.
  9. I want a Flemish Giant.

Maddi_Matsu, WhoTfIsWesday and Day like this.
  10. Get one. I want a lop and a lionhead although idk if they'd get along w my kitty

Maddi_Matsu likes this.
  11. I still live with my parents so I don't have the freedom to do so. 😂 Plus we just got two puppies, and they're keeping us well occupied.

12. I am disguested just thinking about cleaning rabbit cages.

13. But they’re so fluffy 😔 and the ears

Maddi_Matsu likes this.
  14. I've done that before at my work as we had a bunny boarding with us before, and I will say her poop was a lot less gross to clean up than most cats and dogs. It didn't even really smell, and because they're herbivores it was small pellets. And she was litter box trained too!

15. Rabbit cages STINK!

16. I'm against cleaning up all animal poop.

I refuse.

My cat goes outside like a dog.

17. But think of the joy they bring 😔😔

18. That’s actually impressive af. But then again I’ve never owned a cat.

19. Wouldn't you still need to clean up the poop outside? Or is that Evan's job 😂

20. That's our son's job ;)

Muschi likes this.