What's With All The Sudden Raffles And Giveaways?!?

Discussion in 'Other PIMD Discussion' started by Luclfers_mlnIon, Mar 8, 2020.

?

Do you enter raffles

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I'll admit, I used an alt to try this out. I absolutely abhor scammers, and I report and bully them as much as I can.

But I decided to try scamming on an alt. It worked. It was honestly saddening how many people so quickly gifted me. I just traded 20šŸ± to my alt and continuously posted that I was giving away bentos to anyone who sent gifts. It made me sick, and I declined all the gifts.

But these people... I've adopted the "if you get scammed, it's your fault" attitude because they just so easily and quickly do it without even thinking. Most of the time it's new players who barely have stuff as it is, and I made sure to wall a bulk of them to warn them of scams such as my fake one.

It also sucks that ATA doesn't do anything about it.

2. Idk what cheese you be havin that crunches but um you should get it checked out šŸ˜¬šŸ˜‚

3. If it's a known scammer I'll post 4 times about it twice on pub and twice on campus. If no one listens then it's on them šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
    I've done the same thing. I had accepted them and then gifted them back to see how long people would decide to wait and see if they "won a bento" and then I explained to them afterwards that if I was a real scammer they wouldn't get their stuff back and I told them to be careful on who they're gifting. Some of them admitted gifting other and being scammed but yet they still do it.

LeeJarrett likes this.
  4. I've been seeing people do raffles and stuff. If you're going to give away something expensive don't expect to get much from the raffle for it. Some people think that it's a good profit when its really not. There's really only 3 ways you can constantly profit off of raffles and some giveaways. And when people don't make what they're hoping to then they result in scamming because they don't want to giveaway something when they don't even make the same or more of what they would've gotten if they sold it.

5. I'm raffling off a dorm that could get me 100 more or less bentos. By doing this raffle, I'm not even getting a fraction of it. Why? Because I don't use what I get from raffles as profit. It goes right back into the raffles and giveaways. But for most others it seems to be all about making a profit out of it. If you want to make a profit sell it the first time!

Allocrice likes this.
  6. That'd be a good idea, a raffle club.

Luclfers_mlnIon likes this.
  7. I like the giveaways that encourage the community interactions... I dislike raffles. I especially like it when the people doing giveaways secretly gift everyone that posts on that particular thread something related to what the user replied with. Idk Iā€™m weird like that.