What's With All The Sudden Raffles And Giveaways?!?

Discussion in 'Other PIMD Discussion' started by Luclfers_mlnIon, Mar 8, 2020.

?

Do you enter raffles

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Seemed like a mildly low jab at people in an already shitty state of life. We don't know what makes them happy.

Maddi_Matsu likes this.
  2. Gambling is bad. Speaking of bad states of life. What do you think of the lottery exploiting the hopes and dreams of the uneducated and unsuccessful, taxing them and making millions for no reason whatsoever?

What about all the boomers who fork out $20 every week ane never see a decent return on their investment because the lottery is a business?

I'm unapologetically coming at gambling and those who participate in it. It's a high jab: and you trying to shame me for it is a sign of meekness or a lack of forethought.

You don't think any generalizations can be made about what makes people happy even if there were statistics about that kind of thing?

Mastering things makes people happy.
    Hugs and social connections make people happy.
    Smiles make people happy.
    Being affirmed makes people happy.
    Being rewarded for your actions makes you happy.
    Imagining yourself being greatly rewarded makes you happy.

The lottery and raffles promise to reward people for taking a risk and entrusting the raffler with some resources.

Sometimes the raffler is fair. sometimes they're unfair. In both cases, the person enjoys it.

There is one way to categorize Games. (which are fun)
    1) Games of skill.
    2) Games of luck.

Most, if not all, games fit on a continuum between these two things.

Games of skill can be practiced, learnt, and improved at. They have difficulty and challenge players to improve.

It doesn't matter how much you practice a game of luck, your results will always be dependent on luck. Your performance doesn't entirely determine the results. You aren't rewarded for the practice you put in. Everyone has a predetermined and often equal chance at victory.
    Introducting luck to games for kids makes it more inclusive and caters for a wider age range of kids with differnet skill levels because the pro can still lose to a bad dice roll.

Snakes and ladders is an example of a universal game where only luck matters. You can pit a 3 year old against a 15 year old and it's a 50/50 who will win.

Same goes for old people. They can be included in and not suck at a game of luck.
    I hope your grandparents and parents keep their minds active and sharpen their skills into old age so they don't become potatoes who can only win games of luck. Who remain masters and skilled at certain things.

However many people find solace in the lottery. The demographics of people who participate in lotteries are mainly the old and the poor with a large cross-section.

Old people play the lottery and lose their fortunes to it. It's fucking bullshit and don't you dare preach tolerance to me you uncaring oaf.

The lottery, bingo night, and raffles are old people vocations and if you come here to raffle, you are a boomer. And if you host raffles, you suck for encouraging gambling and feeding peoples' addictions.

3. She said she has "too much stuff" that she's not able to sell. Who would buy the dorm she has. Maybe if it was lv 1 but not leveled like it is. The more she gets from raffles the more she able to give away. It's also a decent way for people to give away their stuff they don't want for a chance of winning something bigger or for it to be used for people who don't have anything and want to try and win in a free giveaway 🤷‍♀️

4. Hosting giveaways and competitions have the same outcome. Competitions are more productive and fun.

5. I was going to do "giveaways" but it was taken so I picked Raffle which wasn't surprisingly. And also because I couldn't think of any other name.

6. If I only host Giveaways then I'll run out of stuff. Very few people have donated for the giveaways. I've been upping the amount of winners from 1-3 to 5-10 since more people are entering and the more I can give as a prize without running out.

I'm also not creative enough to host a competition. Even some of my giveaways seem lame lol! If you have any ideas to make them better or changes I should do I'd love to hear some suggestions!

7. Make people create things. Poetry or joke competitions.

You don't need to be too versed. A.T.A host loads of comps. Just take the cliched ideas and run them

&& if you lack the resources, hold off on them. Don't feel compelled to keep doing it or else you'll develop and business model and start trending towards the evil of the lottery.

8. I did do a short competition before but nothing like huge just to see how people liked it. Some thought I was "picking favorites" as terms of players rather than based on the competition. I'll definitely have to have other people helping or maybe a voting if it's in forums... Ata's seems more organized and there's more people. It'll be hard keep track of everyone for the kinds that they hold. Even doing the raffles are hard.

I think having a team will make it easier but it's hard to find people you trust. But I'll look into some of Ata's past contest and see if any of them would be easy to kind of replicate a little.

I also don't always do them I just have the items to do giveaways and raffles constantly now. I would usually wait a month or 3 before doing another raffle or giveaway.

Allocrice likes this.
  9. Legit everyone else is doing raffles for profit. They can't even do them correctly of fairly and they don't record it or show any proof of the drawings so we can't tell if they're legit. Everyone else is literally scammers

10. Why all the hate on raffles lol😭😭 I have seen a lot of people hosting raffles specifically bento raffles in cc/pub & it all seems like a scam! I think raffles can be fun when they’re simple lol! idk about 40c & profit🥴 me & Thursday did a bento raffle where it was 1 bento to enter & the winner won all the bentos! We’re not all scammers!

👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

Ouuu yes maybe you should post a list of trusted raffle ppl lol

NightingaIe likes this.
  11. I have a list with 34 people already. I'm adding new people everyday. Whether they're trusted, known scammers, or unsure of raffle and giveaways because I didn't see the end or their raffles hasn't ended yet. It's a list that also includes people sending chibis for furniture or boxes too. I'll post it soon I just need to see who's trusted or not on some that I'm still unsure about.

shebeenafan likes this.
  12. I also feel the same way as the same as CC owners feel. It's getting harder for me to do raffles and giveaways because everyone wants to do it. Like I said it's great for people to do them if it's for the right reason.
    The exact reason why I hate those raffles. You don't know who to trust. Also for the people who been doing these for awhile gets a bad rap which hurts us.

The less people enter my raffles the more expensive things people has to enter (which I hate doing because I never want people to give a lot) which ends up having me breaking one of my personal Raffle rules of not selling the items I get from raffles and Giveaway donations. I would have to sell them so I can get bentos and chibis to buy bulk items for giveaways.

Roarin_Waters and shebeenafan like this.
  13. More and more pop up each day. 1 person finished a "Raffle" but they knew the organizer. I don't get why people enter these damn things when no one shows proof of it. Yea I can host a bento Raffle and give it to my friend. Yall won't know they're my friend, I'm not gonna show proof, they will say I'm trusted, yall will believe it, I can lure more people and make bank, yall will still believe it, and it's just a running cycle. I don't know why sooo many people can be so stupid but then complain when they get scammed! It frustrates me because I hate to see people scammed! But hey no one cares they gonna do it anyways!

14. Just join a raffle when it's free entry... there are some ppl who are kind enough to do that...

15. Tbh it sounds like you have trust issues, yes, maybe you should sit out the raffles. Call out the scammers but you guys don’t have to trash raffles I’m sure there’s been tons of legit raffles cmon now🙄

16. I don't even do raffles. I report on who scams. And I don't have trust issues lmfao 🤣🤣 And I was talking about a scammer but of course you wouldn't know that smfh😒

17. You may have been talking about one particular scammer but you 💩’ed on raffles in general in the process lol.... I just wanted to clarify that every raffle thrower on here isn’t out to scam ppl☺️

18. I know who doesn't scam lmao I know some of them but yes these raffles are ass and some maybe legit but some of the people who are hosting them may giveaway items but they profit a lot more from them why would you have people enter bentos to win a damn bookcase I just find it funny

shebeenafan likes this.
  19. so true if they’re doing it for profit/scam they need to be called out so us legit raffle people can live lol

20. The cheese is so delicious 😋 and I love the crunch