LIMITED-TIME CONTENT Muscle March! 💪🏼😎🔥

Discussion in 'Events' started by ATAClaptrap, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Ooooh yes, I forgot about that last Easter! I really enjoyed that.

Victoria and Tabby like this.
  2. We can still be civil and angry at the same time. Do not lighten up. If we do, we will not see the changes we want to see. #nomoneymarch

-Adaley-, dragonair, Alicia and 18 others like this.
  3. If we stop for a second to do the math and calculate the revenue this game makes per hunt, we would see that it is not necessary to take free things away from players completely, because there's a huge amount of cash coming in. People fighting for their place on the leaderboard, flashers, BBBs, cat clubs dropping cats constantly... All of this and more happens basically 24/7. It's a good amount weekly. Plus, we're not even saying to never change: people have been giving pretty great suggestions of things that can be implemented and are good for both sides, instead of benefitting only ATA.

The recent changes are unreasonable and I stand by my opinion that if we don't make ourselves be heard, things can only get worse. But I hope they have noticed by now that we are not going to accept outrageous updates. And we'll see what comes next.

Witchee, -Adaley-, Cecillia and 19 others like this.
  4. The changes to the spinner avas are just greedy. I don't think it's fair on players to be charged for them as this game charges for alot of things already.
    Plus you can make separate avas for Molly's corner if you want to increase revenue.

Overall I think it's just very disappointing, I personally would of been happy if you created separate avas and left the spinner ones alone.

Witchee, -Adaley-, Cecillia and 13 others like this.
  5. Sorry wanna clarify what I mean to by this suggestion .

So when pvp hunts come out we choose to participate or not. So maybe with normal hunts rolling out players get the choice to participate in the standard 90k drops for potd and a premium story line with the extended drops and tiers. Give the premium a cat at the end or better avatars or whatever. This covers all player bases and doesnt have players frustrated.

Alicia, ShaveYourKitty, Tem and 4 others like this.
  6. You act like they keep 100% of the money. Go yell at the Amazon guy

running a business in itself has costs.
    Each employee
    utility bills
    Renting office(s)
    MONTHLY charges to keep app in AppStore/google play/wherever else

most companies barely make enough to be considered profitable. ATA was pretty stagnant for a while, so all these changes must mean something. They’ve hired quite a few new team memebers, and that’s just who we know of. Some staff don’t play PIMD. I get that your whole thing is “justice for the player” but like, trial and error. Obviously they’re to take all this backlash in, summarize it, and implement updates. That’s how a professional business works. Every business goes through it or they get left behind. I can’t say what the future holds, but it wouldn’t be the firs time ATA reversed a decision. I’m not saying they’re going to fix it tomorrow, but hopefully next month there is progress. Being RUDE will get you nowhere but probably banned (again)

Gossamer, Syl95, Victoria and 4 others like this.
  7. Well, I appreciate that we got a response. Now everyone knows the feedback is taken into consideration.

This is disappointing to me as well, as vice president of a POTD club. I truly love being a club admin. I am able to help smaller players, make friends and even have fun distracting myself with random admin duties. But this means that I have a responsibility to stay in my club, and I also like to ensure that our members are able to reach their goals. And the increase in drops has prevented both myself, other admins and our members to get as far as we like during a hunt. If the avatars remain at 16k, I probably won't be able to get any. :(

I'm just going to wait and see what happens next hunt. I really like this game and I want it to take the best direction possible so we can all have fun with it.

If this is important to you, I would suggest talking to others about it and getting more people to comment their feedback here (nice and respectful please). I think it's always good to get opinions from all sorts of players, the more the better. And also give suggestions. 💗 Hoping for a positive outcome!

8. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion so this is mine.
    The prices for the avatars are absolutely ridiculous considering the situation for some of our players going through problems. They aren’t the best and their stats will never be worth the that amount. Whoever came up with this idea was idiotic and should not be taken seriously because as you can clearly see most players are furious about this. Changing 6k-16k is also a bad move on that part. It hurts the lower stat players like me to see this because now even if we want an avatar you’re making us have to pay money to be able to get that far when we could usually get it like a day or two before the hunt ended. Everything that has been “improved” or “meant to better the community” should be put back on the drawing board considering how the players feel about it. And just to quickly address your comment about us being “childish”, I feel like we deserve the right to feel that way. After all these horrible changes why wouldn’t we be mad and take our out in ata till it’s fixed? I think it was very disappointing to see your response after we’ve been waiting. It gives a bad name to this game itself and shows bad management. On the bright side of things, I see that there is a chance for better and actually wanted changes coming. I would love to see the game actually get better and I might stick around for it. AGAIN this is just an opinion and there will be people who disagree but I don’t care not in the slightest bit.
    🌚💅🏾🖤

9. Okay. I see that a percentage of the money goes to app stores and also know those stores have some sort of control the pricing of in-game purchases. I also understand running a company has costs. But I personally don't feel like these specific updates are justified and I have been very clear on my post that changes can be made, as long as they work for both sides. It is not necessary to take opportunities away from players and make everything cost money, under the excuse of needing to balance the economy. To me, it looks like the opposite of balance.

Now, please clarify where exactly my post was RUDE like you claimed. "Go yell at the Amazon guy" - I have not been "yelling" at anyone. At all. Not on this account nor the previous one. Having a different opinion and using observation to question decisions doesn't equal being rude.

-Adaley-, Cecillia, dragonair and 9 others like this.

10. Imagine finally getting an answer from an "admin" but all we get is "y'all were hella childish and I miss some intellect in y'alls criticism so we decided to ignore you for days"
    Of course it got more heated cause... we got ignored. Lol.
    But good to see that such a simple and lowkey insulting answer makes everyone happy.🤪

11. I’ve been playing this game for awhile on and off; spending money when I felt there was content out I liked enough to justify spending. In my time playing I’ve seen ATA come out with some great new ideas (Customizable dorms, ability to upgrade dormmates without loosing out on that cash when you exchange, pets, some great hunt ideas and artwork) and while the current changes don’t affect me much personally (being an mcs player who gets 30k+ drops most hunts and not liking this months avas) I can see why this is so upsetting to f2p and newer players. When I started out I was lucky to get enough drops for hunts. These changes make it hard for new players to get some of the rewards paying customers and long term players can get a lot easier. It made me super sad to see avas leave the spinner but I learned to like them in the boxes more as I was eventually able to get the ones I wanted easier, but removing them completely doesn’t make sense to a majority of the player base on here. You want money from monthly avas make vip versions with better stats/colors and put them in mollys corner, don’t take out spinner ones away! Personally seems like a fair middle ground with what players seem to want from monthly avas. As previously stated a few times already in the thread I would love to see some throwback avas in Molly’s corner, but imo I think changing up colors would be a good idea so people who earned them years ago still have something special that shows how long they have been playing. There are so many great ideas you could utilize from the player base, I hope ATA has a long talk and actually uses some of the ideas I’ve seen. I’m glad to see that they have responded to this issue, I hope they make better changes in the future.

Sub, Cecillia, dragonair and 28 others like this.
  12. This is a fantastic idea I haven't seen mentioned yet!

Sub, -Adaley-, dragonair and 18 others like this.
  13. Marceline you are posting on a company account. This means that you are speaking for said company, A Thinking Ape. So are you saying that these are the views of the company? That us users who are upset at the recent decisions of the company are childish and bitter? That we are allowed to be belittled by employees of their company when said employee feels like it?

Are these things that you're saying supported by A Thinking Ape?

Because it's not our job to be nice to you, that's the backbone of customer service. It might not get us as far, but we're allowed to be upset, whatever action that entails.

And while I'm not saying you aren't allowed to be upset, you should not be allowed to say these things you're saying on a company account, because it puts a stain on the company and its supposed values.

Make an alt if you want to be condescending to your userbase.

But not only did you make condescending remarks to users you deem are not important enough to have an opinion, because they said things in a way you didn't like, you defended this action and your words. Not only with "you shouldn't dish spice if you can't handle it" but also with a later post admitting you were being condescending.

Does the company, A Thinking Ape, also support you defending them in such a way? Did they want you to post about how you're allowed to say what you want in response to "bullies" or was this what YOU wanted?

Here's some constructive feedback Marceline, maybe the next time this kind of outrage happens, and we all know it will, you try not to take your anger out on your playerbase who are just upset. Or make and alt to do it. Or just have someone else who can be professional to make a response.

But maybe you won't deem me worthy of your time because I refuse to roll over and agree with you

14. I am sorry, but isn't it ironic to call your user base 'bitter' and 'childish'? While the people have the right to be emotional with their responses (which I can say that I definitely was), it doesn't mean it's any less valuable - of course being rude is not an option. Isn't it your job to stay professional?
    What I am trying to stay is that calling your user base 'names' is not a professional way to respond.

15. Having VIP versions in Molly's Corner sounds like a really cool idea actually! And a cool twist on throwback avatars (though I know bringing old avis back might still be a point of contention with a majority of the design team).

16. In their response to Adaline's review, all I could see was repeated "we can't see the error so there must be nothing wrong". As a Software Engineer, if I told my client that when they report that 1 out of 10000 calls dropped, they will lose trust in my company, we'll lose millions, and I will get fired and blacklisted. And this is exactly what's happening to you, ATA. Your client (playerbase) does not accept your excuses and has lost its trust in you and started a movement. A friggin movement. If what is basically a rebellion is not enough to send you guys moving, then that says something about what you think of them, doesn't it.

Cecillia, -Adaley-, Aphire and 19 others like this.
  17. So my first post was kind of angry which I'm sorry for. I was just kind of shocked at the big changes. I do understand the community's growing but theres still a lot of new/smaller players that doubling the main story avi requirements is impossible for! It doesnt affect me but I've seen friends say they haven't been able to reach it now. I remember a few hunts where we had the choice to choose a easy, medium or hard story which might be a good solution also! As for spinners I know a lot of people look forward to getting lucky and getting an avi for free. I think if you would have put separate avis in Molly's corner with a better deal like an avi with dns, ec ect.. this would have gone much better!! Anyways all I can hope for is that we're heard and things are better in the future. Thanks for responding at all<3

Hag, Victoria, Eva and 3 others like this.
  18. Would love to see a reply to this. 🙇‍♀️

Cecillia, -Adaley-, Fairness and 18 others like this.
  19. It’s ok to be upset, like I said I am too. But through a companies perspective 🙃 I kinda get it. I still ain’t buying shit dis month doe lol

ShaveYourKitty likes this.
  20. Watch me just barely get to 15k or even 12k drops when this hunt ends. So close yet... So far is this even worth trying for? .-. I'm more closer to getting the vip avis than the normal story avis. .-.

It'd be nice if we were listened to and not regarded as childish people. We have our own lives and do take the time and effort to waste our money on you. So, to quite literally be insulted by someone we are helping to support... I mean dang. Might as well keep the cash in these pockets and spend it elsewhere. These decisions.. Were really greedy... Makes me feel bad honestly. The game is fun aside all the nasty people there... And yet so incredibly expensive.

99¢ will get you 1dn. 5$ will get you four dns.. A box and +1 more dn.... Does that not seem off to you? Sure these may seem like low prices you can casually spend cash on. But they do not seem worth it. And extra credits... Oh boi. 20ec for $1.99... 20. You can probably just buy a key or two and thats it in which case those boxes that you do open will only give you something common. Even though you were hopeful. $4.99 will get you 50ec. Again those boxes will likely give you the same amount of common items. Its not fun. It's a cycle that yes people that do have the cash freely spendable will likely spend it on. But the bad recalled avis, and treating your user base like trash has its limits.