EVENT Brisbane There, Done That

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by [ATA]Queens, Jan 21, 2020.

1. I don't doubt they planned an Australian hunt before the bushfires happened, however, the timing of releasing it is shît. The thing is, DON'T benefit off an actual crisis and make an excuse saying you're "raising awareness" like what awareness? I don't see anything about the bushfires on the actual game until I read the forums. How are you "raising awareness" if your hunt isn't even about what's happening in the country right now but about the country itself? OBVIOUSLY they're keeping all of the profits to themselves while ONLY mentioning about the bushfire in the forums. Do I need to remind you guys that this is a mobile game, not a blog. Nobody is obligated to read the forums so whatever they wrote on the posts honestly don't justify how they're using the bushfire as an excuse to get money from people's sympathy (which is disgusting). Hence, the "awareness" is redundant and months overdue. IF you want to celebrate a country's beauty and profit from it then wait until a more appropriate time to release the hunt. Not when there's a crisis and people are suffering from it.
    Also, another thought; I'm sure some Australians are happy, amidst the cringy stereotypes, to finally have a hunt about them which I'm all for but this is honestly a terrible time for the people to celebrate a hunt like this. Yes, we want to remind people how beautiful the country is but what if it only saddens them about what's going on in the country and how it looks like right now? Smoke and dust? Wounded animals and burnt houses? While we think we're doing a good thing, we could just be adding salt to the wound at this point, ATA needs to work on their marketing a little more. Timing is very important. What's happening over there right now is VERY real and nobody should be using it for their own benefit and they should've been more careful with the timing while executing this otherwise very cool hunt. I personally would've been very supportive if they had released the hunt in December when the bushfire was already bad. Now it's just like a little clickbait and the world is supposed to spend on the game to cheer up our Australian friends while all the money's going to the company's pockets. If you still don't see the problem here then maybe you just need to check yourself. 🤷🏻‍♀️

And to your LNY points, you look like you don't spend much on the game and maybe you hang around friends of the same kind to hear reviews like that, but I've been on T100 leaderboards multiple times and I can tell you that those LNY hunts leaderboard were mf wild. Allow me to rephrase myself in case you don't understand it; I meant people thoroughly enjoyed the hunts and were willing to spend money on them. I mean, the LNY hunt before last year's had a Chinese princess with a beautiful red, rosy gown in T100. I still get compliments until today for that avatar so yeah, people did love it.

WHY do you think ATA has 4th of July hunts and not Canada Day? Because they have more Americans in their market than Canadians and Americans spend more on the game than Canadians do. That's been a fact since ages ago. You release products that's more lucrative to your buyers. It's a very basic marketing strategy. If you don't see the link between dropping the LNY hunt for the Australian hunt at this timing while keeping 100% of the proceeds with this example then I'm done with explaining. 💀 You can willingly let your sympathy get taken advantage of, a lot of people just think it's messed up. Lastly, of course ATA can't afford to donate 100% of the proceeds from this hunt to Australia because they need to eat and pay rent too. But even 1% means more than 0% especially if you want to release a hunt at such a crappy timing while benefiting off it.

I'm seriously sorry to my Australian friends who are going through a hard time and having people be so insensitive about it. We should've had a hunt where we learn to take better care of our environment instead. Please be safe, much love and prayers. x

2. Well it’s your own problem if you can’t read the basic print. They never say anywhere that proceeds are being used for anything, so assumption of them doing that is the persons own problem. Sorry 🤷🏻‍♀️

Maddi_Matsu likes this.
  3. Tldr are you serious right now NO IS OBLIGATED TO DONATE OR READ FORUMS but to say they didnt try is pathetic if you really want to help don't feel so entitled to do through a game that's even more pathetic it's a hunt get over it you really want to help go to actual charity I'm sorry but this post was not need at all

Maddi_Matsu likes this.
  4. Where tf is the lb at 🥺 been 2 days already. This is annoying.

5. Not to completely insult ata but these are the nicest hunt avis they've made in a while, I rly doubt they drew them on the fly. Just based on previous hunt's avatars

Muschi likes this.
  6. Wanna know where the leader board is?? I want the surfer girl. Really hope she’s in a side quest, but doubtful.

7. How do you get the surfer girl?

-Mrs_Mis- likes this.
  8. I use them like keys haha

9. I’ve sent three, they keep shutting me down and saying everything is working fine. It’s not fine, I’ve even been looking at random club histories and not seeing drops

Dino, _Blue_ and Hera like this.
  10. Box drops*

_Blue_ and Hera like this.
  11. First of all, I did donate to actual CHARITY (WWF) and I've been careful of my carbon footprint for years so don't even try with that last part.
    So how many bloody times do I have to say that it's not about "donating through the game" but how they're trying to make it look like they're doing something good with just a couple of posts in the forums while making money off A CRISIS that's affecting people right now. Maybe you are pathetic for missing all the points.
    It's not that they didn't try which pisses people off, it's the fact that we KNOW they can do better but they don't and this half-arsed "trying" has literally been killing the game.

And I LOVE it when people who barely spend on the game say shît like "it's just a hunt, get over it" like first of all, do you even know what you're saying? LMAO
    It's always those 20Mcs that act like they're the ones who are keeping the game afloat. 😂😂😂 Do you think ATA is doing charity by making this a free game for you to play while paying off all their workers from their own pockets and waste their time for fun? Does it not occur to you that this game still exists because there are people who are SPENDING REAL MONEY on the game, on all these hunts that you're telling us to "get over" like we are the ones keeping the game up and working tho? LOL it sounds so stupid when someone say "it's just a hunt, get over it" to people who are literally trying to fund the game that they're already losing interest in but are trying not to. THAT is why we complain when hunts aren't looking good, and honestly, they haven't been that great in a while, so many big spenders have already left the game which means it's even harder on us who are trying to keep the game going. We have a strong connection with the game, we spent money because we loved the game and it hurts to let it go so easily, especially if you've already spent over 7k USD on it to see it go. 🤷🏻‍♀️ So of course it's easy for people who barely spent to say "oh it's just a game". LOL If you've been playing for FIVE years and you're still 20Mcs then maybe sit tf down before you embarrass yourself. You coming online to hit tinier players for virtual misc/cash and hit POTDs every day don't put a roof over the staffs' heads. Unless you watch a shìt ton of ads without skipping any on your alts and main then I suggest you to stop saying stupid shît like "it's just a hunt, get over it" if you still want the game to exist. Honestly ads alone can't even pay their rents so get outta my face with "that post isn't needed at all" and let the adults talk. 💁🏻‍♀️

ATA needs to stop trying but actually do better. I know the pay is crap and people aren't happy working there (which is the real tea 🍵), and you can't please everyone but why did people enjoy the game so much back then? What changed before people stopped wanting to play and left? You can't expect people to keep paying mindlessly while you come out with bad hunts without listening to what they want first. Y'all didn't even fix the furniture in the ticket I sent which takes less than an hour and only require simple codes. You guys got lazy and honestly, I'm disappointed. It's 2020, polish up while we still have faith in the game. You can make it better again. I believe in it.

12. I just wanna say as an Australian I Love this event! It is just in time for Australia Day which is on 26th January, the fires are just an unfortunate coincidence happening right now! Meaning Ata planned this hunt to coincide with Australia Day not for the fires happening here now...

ATAMarceline, LadyKoko and Doggywoof like this.
  13. Cheers mate,happy long weekend. Stay safe...

14. Hi! Could someone please explain to me how to do the new spotlight challenge? It might not be new to you guys but I’m new so it’s new to me haha! It’s one of the extracredible quests that last like an hour? Says something about shine the spotlight on another player? Thanks!

SarahTee likes this.
  16. Very unfair and biased ATA that iPhone users cannot see the lb or who’s got the spotlight. Unfair to many users who play the game and get cheated out of Avis. Not cool.

17. sent a help ticket to ata about that also 🤧

Muschi likes this.
  18. I'm Android and I can't see either. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Gossamer, -Salty-Pirate- and Hera like this.
  19. If you get your first avatar at 6k hunt drops, how many must you collect to get the next avatar? Normal avatars, not VIP versions.

20. The only other "normal" avatars you would get by collecting main story drops in the T100 avatars. All other avatars will come from the various side stories.