EVENT Brisbane There, Done That

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by [ATA]Queens, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Totally here to complain to ATA about the hunt boxes 😤 I’m Australian and I say this with respect BUT WHY THE HELL ARE YOU CALLING THEM SHRIMP-ON-A-BARBIE boxes because we as Australians DO NOT CALL THEM SHRIMPS they are known as PRAWNs

LadyKoko and Dinah like this.
  2. Hi Pavlova was not invented in Australia.. that is all🙂

3. Because...I hate to break this to you... but it’s what Americans refer it to.

Maddi_Matsu and Alicia like this.
  4. Damn y’all really do just complain about anything huh? So what if the Hunt seems ill timed? Stay off the app for two weeks and go put out some fires or save some animals :) hunts are pre planned and ata sure as helllll didn’t know about the disasters in Australia that would be coming. Y’all really gonna complain about the Avis not being black? They suck? Furni is dumb? Yet the place is being devastated and losing roughly a billion or so animals by now and y’all sitting there complaining about art on a phone app. I’m sorry I just can’t with that way of thinking 🤡 /rant

Twink, Joy, Maddi_Matsu and 10 others like this.
  5. I don’t get why the fuck y’all are complaining. This event is to raise awareness to the bush fires that went on in Australia considering the fact that Australia STILL needs donations. Do you not realize how much money it’s going to cost to repair all the damages done? Or how much it’s going to cost for families to start their life back up? We were in the middle of a hunt when media FINALLY decided to speak out about the fires that had been burning three months prior to the media breakout for it.

6. Did you....read the intro for this event?

Joy and Maddi_Matsu like this.
  7. Ope my bad 🤡
    They had this planned before the fires occurred and media broke out about the fires. It does in fact take time for them to plan the next hunt. HOWEVER, for y’all to think they should skip over this event is shitty. They took time to plan this event and in fact even brought up how Australia still needs help in regards to the fires. Y’all are somehow ignoring that though.
    Stop bitching about how any money they earn during this event should be donated. Who says they haven’t donated in order to help with this terrible event? Y’all are bitter hoes that assume nothing but the worst and can’t ever be happy about a damn thing ATA does.
    You cannot seem to grasp the fact that it takes time to plan and design these events, too. 🤡

Maddi_Matsu, Muschi and LeeJarrett like this.
  8. I want the girl with the surfboard.

Muschi likes this.
  9. While the hunt is a nice break after that disgusting circus disaster, this whole comment section sounds like it's still in disgusting circus disaster mode.

9, Carrie, NickjustNick and 3 others like this.
  10. Doesn't hurt 😂

11. Love this hunt and I am happy your not ignoring nor highlighting the problem in Australia I hope and pray no one and nothing gets hurt as Australia goes though the hard times!💗

12. You honestly missed so many points. LOL I think many people forgot that people actually pay to keep this game alive and put food on the table for the people who are working on this game? So you need to think about what kind of products you come out would make the most money, that's literally how everything works in the world too tbh. Even if it's not a LNY hunt which literally would be the perfect timing for the new hunt, they decided to swap for the Australian hunt to raise "awareness" on a couple of forum posts and nowhere else then something seems shady if you ask me.

I can't be bothered to make a new post so I'll say it on this one for the people who aren't happy with people "complaining". IF you want to come out with an awareness hunt and you expect people to spend on the game for it, at least think about donating the proceeds or not just raising awareness about it in the bloody forums because people who doesn't know about the wildfires wouldn't even know it unless they read the forums. THAT is not raising awareness because people aren't aware of it when the hunt doesn't look anything like what they should be aware of. That's my point.

13. I don't really care about your 'points.' It just sounds like whining.

Maddi_Matsu, Alicia and Calaem like this.
  14. Is ATA donating a portion of the money made from this hunt to help with the Fire relief effort in Australia?

HarleyVon and Jinger like this.
  15. They didn't say if they were so probably not. It would be cool if they did, though. Much support for that idea

Ecchisaurus and Jinger like this.
  16. Good, then that just shows you're ignorant. Next.👏🏻

Woes likes this.
  17. 🙄

Alicia likes this.
  18. It's always so funny reading the responses from people who don't even bother reading the first post. 🤭

I understand not wanting to take a stance on the situation, but I do wish ATA had chosen to include a special package or something where a portion of the proceeds were donated.

I feel like the community has asked for these donation opportunities, and ATA has given similar options before (the last one was for Hurricane Harvey I think?) The fires have been going on months; it's not like the art team would've had to throw something together in a few days. Avatars not necessary, people would even just buy a misc pack.

19. i like everything about but the timer boxes bring back the 8 hour ones 😣😣

Carrie, Twink, Muschi and 3 others like this.