Stereograms!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ka-Ka-KarotCake, Jan 2, 2020.

1. So like, so far I'm the only person I've ever met who has the ability to view these. Everyone else just thinks I'm making this up, so I want to know if anyone on here can see stereograms!

Anyway, an autostereogram (stereogram, "Magic Eye") is a single-image stereogram(SIS), designed to create the visual illusion of a three-dimensional (3D) scene from a two-dimensional image. In order to perceive 3D shapes in these autostereograms, one must overcome the normally automatic coordination between accommodatiin (focus) and horizontal vergence(angle of one's eyes). The illusion is one of depth perception and involves stereopsis: depth perception arising from the different perspective each eye has of a three-dimensional scene, called binocular parallax.

So below I'm gonna post some images and comment what you see for each picture

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So yeah lemme know what you see. You might need to zoom in till the image covers your screen.

Kefo and WhoTfIsWesday like this.
  2. I cannot even do simple things like cross my eyes =[ using them to see stereograms is out of the question

Ka-Ka-KarotCake likes this.
  3. 8 is definitely Star Wars themed it’s obvious

4. Yes, but what is it 🤔

5. I see headache but also some weird letters ig.

6. Han Solo
    Lea
    C-3PO
    Obi Wan
    Luke
    Yoda

7. 10 is just the word “No” overlapped on its self a bunch of times in different fonts isn’t it

8. These drive me absolutely crazy. I have never been able to see them 🤧

Edit: wait, is number 1 a bunch of Charizards?

9. It is! I see it now!

10. These used to be in the paper with the comics (no, I'm not that old). But anyway how it works is you put it right up to your nose, then unfocus your eyes. Slowly move the picture away, while focusing on the center, but with your eyes still unfocused. The image will suddenly pop out at you in 3-D. It works better if it's big enough to fill your field of vision to really flood your optic center or whatever. These are too small on my phone to work. Cool though, nice flash back.

11. Nope

12. Nope

13. Yes but stereograms aren't about what the background is. As the Shooby person said, you have to u focus your eyes and "see through" the image to find the hidden 3D item. For example, when you focus correctly on #2, you see 2 fish and a shark in 3D. That's not what the background is, but you don't focus on the background. It's so hard to explain lol.

WhoTfIsWesday likes this.
  14. For example, there is this picture. Now for you, it's just a collection of random colors with no shape or form right?

[​IMG]

However, when you do that cross eyed unfocused yet focused "looking through the image" thing, you see this:

[​IMG]

A shark. But the image remains still. Imagine that shape of the shark just popping out. It's still the same random colors but warped into a 3D shark shape. The shape of the shark just comes into focus but it pops out in 3D while the rest of the background remains flat.

Empress_, Kefo and WhoTfIsWesday like this.
  15. I’ve been staring at those images for a while, and now I see ufos in all of them💀🌚 rip

16. OMG I SAW IT!
    Was looking for like 10 minutes and had no idea what I was looking for, wondering why you tiled the image, etc. Until I read the comments and now I know how to see them.

17. Either my eyes or my brain snapped. This is so cool!

18. 1) Charizard
    2) Shark and fish or whatever
    3) Bomber
    4) I see the outline sometimes but when I try to figure out what it is I lose the right focus....
    Fuck that was hard... A tricycle. It's so thin.
    5) Plesiosaur or maybe some other kind of long necked vegetarian dinosaur
    6) America.
    7) This one's a bloody massive elephant! And the ground juts out in 3D. There are logs or water troughs, too. In the mid ground and there's a clear baxkground and you can twist the phone to change your perspective in the 3D box.
    8) Star Wars logo with 2 starfighters... Even when you see the 3D image, it can take a moment to find everything in the image and make sense of all the distortions you see.
    9) Love heart inside of a love heart with LOVE YOU floating in front of them.
    10) That's a fkn plot twist! I like the little details in the midground the most.

Perhaps being near or far-sighted would help with seeing these?

19. I loved these as a kid, but can’t do it on the phone😞