SKINCARE CHAT!!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ForeverAlice, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Molecular structure is very large in comparison to other oils. So it creates an occlusive barrier so your skin cannot absorb the natural moisture around it. In addition to tricking your skin into thinking it's produced enough natural lipids (oils) and slows down your natural production.

This essentially leads to your skin being suffocated, and results in your skin becoming drier over prolonged use. If people want an affordable alternative Jojoba oil is the closest in molecular structure to our own lipids. Which will absorb better and not feel heavy or create a barrier.

If any tells you they use it on their face please slap them for me

2. Rosie knows her shΔ±t about skincare.

WhoTfIsWesday likes this.
  3. I may not be practicing anymore but i wasn't a senior skin therapist for nothin πŸ˜‚πŸ’–

Manic, Meanie, ForeverAlice and 2 others like this.

4. I love hydrating face masks for the same reason! Also totally okay with people using skin care to indulge as long as they're harming their skin.

Some people are really into Ayurvedic health and treatments. And big part of that is creating rituals and routines for yourself that keep you balanced.

Victoria likes this.
  5. O πŸ™ƒ donut slap me please. I only use it as makeup remover and then wash it off because its does feel too heavy. My newest moisturizer has it, but when I say new, I've used it for maybe a couple of weeks, haha. It hasn't felt too heavy yet, but I guess I should look into a different one? πŸ™ƒ I'll probably finish it though tbh πŸ™ˆ cause I'm too broke not to πŸ˜‚

Yes, that's partly where I get my ideas about taking care of yourself and having little routines like washing up or other self care rituals being important. I've read a lot about Ayurvedic ideas, and I find them quite interesting.

ForeverAlice likes this.
  6. Oils do make good emulsifying cleansers. I use an oil base cleanser too.

And i couldn't slap you! πŸ™ˆ but i would suggest when you are done, looking for one with a different base. I'm sure you spent your hard earned money on it and i never told my old clients to throw it away but it goes a long way to educate if you care about these kinds of things.

I'd suggest if you like the feel of a lighter but still effective moisturizer, look for ingredients like hyaluronic acid, it holds natural moisture in the skin while acting as a humectant (which is a fancy way of saying moisture magnet)

Rosehip, jojoba, sunflower, tamanu and vitamin e oil are all good indicators to look for. Stay away for coconut, mineral oil and lanolin (true forms or this are derived from sheeps wools btw)

7. Put sunscream on your face

Muschi and RoseMilkTea like this.
  8. Honey!
    i’ve been using honey for quite sometime now and it has helped me with my acne and blemishes, it also gives a nice glow.

ForeverAlice and Victoria like this.
  9. Drinking 9+ glasses of water and workouts.

10. I wanna cri. I said this and now I have a pimple next to my lip. I think it's more stress-related tbh. My oma just got out of an unexpected hospitalization.

11. I don't use this and never will,
    But apparently...
    Nut is good for your skin,
    And has lots of protein in it.

12. [​IMG]

Meanie likes this.
  13. [​IMG]
    I like to stand under the water in my shower and let it fall on my face. Sometimes when I'm feeling experimental, I'll soap my face up and scrub for 3 mins.

RoseMilkTea likes this.

14. Ahem...

You're older than me. Your parents had to have some form of copulation for you to get here. You're also married, I think... meaning you've also had some form of copulation. We're all grown, no need for judgement... also,over half of your friends post and comment more in depth "stuff" other places than what I do. Therefore, it's not unusual for you to hear or see something similar to this.

15. Older, probably.
    Married, not yet.
    Third point, true.

BUT i couldn't help but visualize rubbing it in as a moisturizer and my soul died a little.

Also my judgement isn't meant to be taken seriously

16. I use the Cerave foaming face wash and the Neutrogena hydro boost water gel as moisturizer. I used to have a really over-complicated skincare routine, but since I’ve switched to using products that are slightly acidic and fragrance-free, my skin has cleared up so much. 10/10 would recommend

RoseMilkTea and ForeverAlice like this.
  17. also I love skincare so I’ll be stalking this thread 24/7 ok

18. Do you rub satan's into your skincare after doing THE DEVILS TANGO or do you store it in the fridge and keep using it? Or are you doing THE DEVILS TANGO everyday? If everyday does the guy have to nut on your face or like we're moving things around? What if you're a guy like are you using your own cum? Are you using someone else's?

Do you pat it in gently? Do you follow with moisturizer? So many questions.

19. What y’all got for blackheads? Put me onnnnnn

20. Salicylic acid is a good ingredient to look out for. Make sure you don't over use is cause over using a product with a high percent can cause a bit if dryness and/or redness.

Light daily exfoliation will help with the build up of either oils or dead skin cell build up that leads to black heads. Rice bran is a really great gentle and brightening agent used in some product. Eminence has one called Strawberry Rhubarb Dermafoliant i like (it also lasts forever)

Other ingredients to look for would be tea tree, niacinamide (used in anti aging products but also good for minimizing pores), lactic acid, and sulfur (if you get really oily)

Avoid anything with benzoyl peroxide and most forms of alcohol.

Sorry for the essay like responses. If anyone has questions feel free to dm me or have me explain some extra shit here ✌🏻

Meanie, Muschi and WombRaider like this.