TTJ

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Trendsetting, Dec 10, 2019.

1. There's no tranquility,
    Within my soul...
    I only feel hostility...
    Losing someone so wonderful.

Shit like this happens,
    Everyday in the O.
    Where the darkest demons,
    Give off the brightest glow.

Those who live the ugliest,
    Have the prettiest personalities.
    It's just sad to see in the midst,
    Of that are so many casualties.

The O keeps losing,
    More and more youth.
    I support "fuck the mayor,"
    Chance spoke the truth.

This loss was epidemic,
    Taking away my emotions.
    If I didn't have to be strong,
    My tears could fill an ocean.

I'm supposed to be strong,
    I play pretend to be numb.
    This fake it till you make it shit,
    Is way too fucking dumb.

I hoped it was a sick joke,
    But then witnesses spoke.
    Again it was so unexpected,
    Leaving the city affected.

I caress this 750mil bottle,
    Staring at the moscato.
    Staring at the news,
    A hard truth I can't swallow.

With less role models,
    Felons become heroes.
    The curse of the 21 club,
    Won't show any love.

In memory I'll celebrate,
    A rockstar not a legend.
    If I don't drown in sorrow,
    Before my heart can mend.

Byte, Hill_ and WhoTfIsWesday like this.
  2. *27 club.
    If this is about Juice Wrld, πŸ™ŒπŸ½πŸ’”
    If not, welp. 😢

3. Well, Juice Wrld was 21 when he passed. And a few other notable 'modern' rappers as of late have been passing at 21 γƒΌ for example, Lil Peep in 2017. So I'm assuming Jaco is referencing a newer kind of 27 club, where they are dying at 21 instead.

Alicia likes this.
  4. Buncha posers

5. The "curse of the 27 club" is a well spoken phrase in media, those exact words. Prompting the correction. Unless he said 21 to put his own spin on it, which would also makes sense considering it's a personal written piece. I wouldn't have thought so. But. πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ

6. "Own spin" is what I was getting at, based on the curse of the 27 club with a twist due to recent deaths of popular artist at 21.

Alicia likes this.
  7. Recent deaths of popular artists all ages lately if we're being honest. I'm starting to feel old despite people dying so young. 😭😭

Alicia likes this.
  8. It's not the 27 club. I excluded Kurt and the rest. I'm more so referencing artists and other young males here and in surrounding areas who don't live past 21.

Muschi likes this.
  9. Your own spin, which makes sense in a person piece. 21 seems to be the new 27 that's for sure!

10. The only one I have any respect for in that "27 club" is Jimi.

You can label it as my own "personal spin," but it comes from a song and from reality. Unfortunately, even average people aren't making it to live past 21. It makes you wonder who's next or when will this cycle end... and after 21, what'll be the next age group? 15?

Hill_ likes this.
  11. I never heard of the guy. What did he do?

12. I'm not sure why you take things offensively all the time. Saying you put your own personal spin on a known phrase, was a a way of acknowledging the creativity and authenticity in your writing. I enjoyed your words. πŸ€¦πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ But on the subject of age... yup... I can only predict it getting younger and younger, what with the way kids are so eager to grow up.

Muschi likes this.
  13. And jonghyun pls.

14. He was a singer / rapper.

15. Ah...

16. If you listened to Legends at all, you'd get the reference. I'm not getting offended.

17. Idk who that is.

18. He's a korean singer who committed suicide two years ago. His date of death is next week.

19. This was nice to read.
    [​IMG]

20. Speaking of Koreans, Korean women poppinπŸ₯΅ But so are all Asian womenπŸ₯΅