EVENT Roots & Branches

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by ATAMarceline, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Oooo!!! This is exciting! Thank you for recognizing Native Americans! I’m a proud CDIB holding Cherokee Nation tribal member ♥️

Carrie, Nour477 and Muschi like this.
  2. Ok i wrote a whole long ass post and then my app crashed right before i hit the send button so i'mma give a tl;dr:

as a 3rd gen german american, i don't find stuff like lederhosen and dirndls and beer steins for halloween to be offensive like you don't with your culture. that doesn't make me a backstabber, and it doesn't make you one. so dw! as long as you respect the fact that the "other side" of the argument also brings up really good points and reasoning. it's just up to personal opinion because there's no one central agreement in any culture about others wearing it as a costume, ya know? not all german americans are a monolith and not all natives are! the big emphasis is basically to just be respectful, and we all define that a bit differently

hope this makes sense and honestly it's probably better than the essay i typed before 🥴

3. oh a thanksgiving hunt. thanks

4. all i wanted was kocoum 😂[​IMG]

BunnyPirate likes this.
  6. Do we still have the old bf box from Last year

7. Love the idea!😊😊

Muschi likes this.
  8. The thought put behind this hunts basis is beautiful, well done on being inclusive and sensitive to the past, ATA. ❤️

Carrie, Nour477, Intensive and 4 others like this.
  9. iSupportThis

SinisterBunni likes this.
  10. When this has more likes than Marcie's original post :0

11. ATA bringing in more expensive items that need more spending?

12. Interesting 🙃

13. Nevermind. Navajo turtle stat item is now my life. I love him.

Muschi and NightingaIe like this.
  14. While the avis and furniture are not great please donate and help out.

15. Finally!! I have been waiting for these avis for almost 4 years. ;_; So proud.

Carrie likes this.
  16. As a Native woman, the consideration of our Heritage is truly appreciated. However, I do wish that some of the avatars were dressed differently and there were females who looked like they were from several different tribes... as all tribes do look different.

17. Aww the bunny pet style is so cute!!

18. I really love this. The avis are decent. I like them I just wish that one girl didn’t have face paint on. And the cultural aspect is on point. I love this

19. it’s not offensive at all. Did you even read the post, they consulted a coast Salish artist , gave you links to two charities to donate too and didn’t shove the traditional thanksgiving narrative down your throat. This is inclusive, it’s not even close to cultural appropriation this is representation. This is everything!