Changing Reward Tiers

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by think, Nov 8, 2019.

1. This may or may not sound ridiculous, but bare with me. Whether or not my suggestion is a good one, there needs to be an update to the quest + rewards system because a) how long did ata think doing the same thing (but slightly different!) would be entertaining and b) it is so hard to have fun as a smaller player. I’ve even sunk $100+ into this game in hopes that others were right and if I paid to play, I’d feel more accomplished. Sadly, that’s not the case. So, here’s what I’ve come up with:

With the current rewards tier system, it’s near impossible to find any sort of accomplishment or fun in the quests. The smaller the stats, the smaller the drops and the smaller the drops, the smaller the rewards but the rewards given can actually drastically boost a players account. So, big stat players keep topping the leaderboards, reaping the great rewards that in turn help them top the next leaderboard and so on and so forth. Do you see where I’m going?

While (I’m assuming) these quests were supposed to be a breath of fresh air and an enjoyable storytelling aspect for all, it instead has created a system where now, the only point of the game are these quests but nothing about them changes. The same kind of people are at the top, the same kind of people are at the bottom and now it doesn’t even matter if you spend money.

This is why I would like to see a change in reward tiers and eventually, these quests overall. I’m suggesting that there are different reward tiers for different stats. Kind of like how there are weight classes in wrestling? Like if you’re 5kcs-100kcs then you would be in a certain reward tier and so on. Obviously, I don’t have all the details of how it would happen lmao but if ata were to consider it, it’s an easy enough idea to understand.

This was so long for no reason so tl;dr: there should be different reward tiers for different classes of combined stats. Thank u for coming to my ted talk.

LadyFeyre, LeeJarrett and meta4ngel like this.
  2. I don’t think your stat affects the party drop (unless said party is ec/invite party, in which cases you can fail hitting parties). Your stat usually makes your cash earnings different than those who have higher or lower stats. But drop wise they usually don’t have much difference I think.

To get on leaderboard players just don’t hop from flash to flash, they open boxes, and buy monthly subscriptions for extra drop bonus and stuff. So if you pay for it you will get the higher tier drops and rewards. Getting on leaderboard is not necessarily related to higher stat. You can get on that wagon with tiny stat too. Maybe with little more effort.

3. Don't need to spend money to get good stats. Just gotta learn how to play the game. I got to 3.1mcs in just over 2 months and havnt spend a cent on nothing. N there nothing rong with the quests. Didn't read the rest coz to much words

4. I do all of those things. Lmao. The people on the leaderboard are usually in cc clubs. The top 100 reward is 6 cats. They win then they have the means to keep going into the next hunt. Drops do change with stats, I know this because I’ve had higher stats.

Psycxdxlic and renamed9817 like this.
  5. "I’ve even sunk $100+ into this game in hopes that others were right and if I paid to play, I’d feel more accomplished. Sadly, that’s not the case"
    Cheating to get an edge never makes you feel more accomplished, and no amount of game design can change that. Your values are strong.

"The smaller the stats, the smaller the drops and the smaller the drops, the smaller the rewards but the rewards given can actually drastically boost a players account. So, big stat players keep topping the leaderboards, reaping the great rewards that in turn help them top the next leaderboard and so on and so forth."
    Higher stats don't significantly help you earn more drops, so no.

Your suggestion would still fall to the same fate as the status quo you're describing: those who spend more will still top the differentiated tiers. Your self worth and sense of accomplishment shouldn't be in relation to some arbitrary bs, it should be linked to the skills you exhibit and the time and effort you dedicate.

WildBlueberry, Louigi, Muschi and 2 others like this.
  6. I’m sorry but 😂😂😂 spending money isn’t cheating. Also, my self worth had noting to do with the game. I’m saying it sucks. And I have a life. A job. I’m a full time student. I shouldn’t have to be here 24/7 to get some good rewards.

7. If you not on to play the game don't bitch about getting fùck all. People that on leader board spend lirily hundreds of $$ a day to stay there. Of cprse ata gonna give them more stuff with how much money they giving ata

8. I understand your frustration, but it is simply true that this is a business for the developers. The leaderboard rewards are incentive to be more active. And I've noticed once you get to 1mcs, as long as you hit decently you'll max a party.

I don't even look at the leaderboard really because I know I'll never be top 100 and that's not really why I play, and if it bothers you so much I suggest you follow suit.

Alessandra and Muschi like this.
  9. From a development point of view, your suggestions would be a nightmare to create (assuming it's possible). The game is buggy as it is and also, they'd need to create so much additional content every 2 weeks.

Lumenia and Muschi like this.
  10. Yeah, the only times I look at leaderboard is:
    • to update the ST&R thread with the reward info
    • to check the showcases of t10'ers to get images of main/side story stat items
    • the rare occasion where i'm actually trying to place somewhere in t1.5k / t500 / etc
    if you aren't doing any of the above, just ignore it and focus on working on getting as far as you can in the main story and side stories. :) set mini-goals for yourself. "bet i can complete the first side story this hunt!" and maybe treat yourself for ice cream if you do.

IvryRose and Lumenia like this.
  11. Okay, from a business standpoint they’re losing the incentive for players to spend money.

12. It really wouldn’t be. They wouldn’t be making “so much additional content,” it would be the same hunts, just smaller reward tiers.

13. It's fine how it is. I got up to 28k drops on a hunt before n have never spent a penny on this game all you gotta do is be active and be in some good club. Why would ata give more stuff to people that berly gonna be on their game it's a waste of time. Get active or get over it

14. Really? Because ATA does reallyyyyy well in the players-spending-money category. They brought in almost $1M in revenue just in October 2019 (source). This is for a company that has less than 100 employees, too. Think about that salary...

15. Yeah and these quests are still relatively new. This current system doesn’t have any longevity.

16. Um. They've been around for several years though... I would say that's a decent amount of longevity for ATA to decide that this system is working and is profitable. They'll adjust it when it needs to be adjusted, as they have in the past, but right now it is quite profitable contrary to your previous claims about them losing revenue.

IvryRose likes this.
  17. Tbh it helps if you have a good potd club.
    Back when I didnt do sessions and my stats were barely 1MCS I still managed to reach around 30k drops and finish around 2 side hunts

18. From the way it reads, they brought in 5k for the month, with 900k being the yearly revenue thus far. Maybe I'm reading it wrong though, cause that doesn't sound like much for a company with 4 successful mobile apps. 🤔

think likes this.
  19. It has an greater than symbol before it says $5k. It says <$5k which means more than $5k was brought in for the month. Then it says right below that:

20. Ran out of time to edit, but: All the other information provided is based on data from October 2019 alone. I don't know why they would randomly switch to giving the yearly total when they do not provide any other annual data on the page.

If super necessary, I can request my free demo of a detailed report of ATA's revenue when I get off work for my lunch break in a few hours. Idk approximately how long it'll take to deliver. 🙆🏻‍♀️