A lot of friends vs a few ones

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by __Cece__, Oct 7, 2019.

?

If you had to make the choice what would you prefer?

1. 1-3 best friends

2. 4-6 Good Friends

3. 7+ Friends

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I dunno, I feel like I’ve been a floater most of my life and it’s nice cause you’ll know someone everywhere you go but at the same time I’ve never really experienced what having a “best friend(s)” is like. Somebody (or some people) who’s always gonna choose you over everybody else. But I’m not necessarily rushing into that just yet. I’ve tried to start having smaller amount of “good friends” but it’s also scary, because if feels like you’re putting too many eggs in a basket. But I’m rambling.. anyways respond to the poll!

2. I personally want to be friends with who I can count on. I don't really have or want to call someone good/best friend(s) yet if they haven't seen the bad and the good (if there is) side of me and if they don't accept the way I am.

3. Doesn't matter. At my age I'm forced to make friends with the parents of the other kids on my kids sports teams because we spend all of our "free time" together. It's alright, they're pretty cool.

4. Idk I play with Tyler n benji n Luke lots n Tyler mates to

5. I'm sure your kids love having a dad that enjoys playing with them.

Victoria likes this.
  6. Me n Tyler gonna do bmx when my foot all fix n gonna try surfing to when we learn how to swim

Victoria likes this.
  7. Personally, I choose, one-three best friends. I've been a "floater" like you, and personally there wasn't that many advantages of being a "floater" - not on my end, anyways.

Met folks that talked too much, folks that couldn't keep secrets, folks that lied to you, folks that talked behind your back. Folks that'd just let you down, m8. Folks one could consider a "good friend"

LIEK

LOL no wonder peeps out there be ON SUM misanthrope SHYT.

BUT LEIK

I could go on and on. But the thing about "knowing a person" everywhere is that you only know the surface. You don't KNOW how they are truly. For all you know, the moment you walk out the room they plotting yo downfall.

But

Like...

How many of those acquaintances or "good friends" of yours would ride to hell with you for the lols?

I dunno how to end this

So I'll end with

LIKE, BRUH.

8. Only way to know if someone is truly down is to seemingly put them in a situation that requires them to ride for you against all odds... if they really care they will pass.

If not they will pretty much bail on their own...

I can think off the top of my head of two instances where this is trained for on a regular basis

Some Fraternal Organizations (or gangs)
    Some Specialized Military Operations

Most people in general are not built for that sort of thing

Some would crack under the pressure of mere public humiliation... how could you expect a person like that to put their life or freedom on the line for you?

Rizky likes this.
  9. You forgot marriage. #1 test of loyalty

10. I have one bestfriend since childhood, and a couple good friends. I’m not against making new friends but I don’t use that word lightly because everybody ain’t your friend lol!

WhoTfIsWesday likes this.
  11. I prefer having a few best friend over many friends myself. I do "float" around a bit and make friends of all sorts of backgrounds and cultures fairly easily. I enjoy learning about the ways other people experience the world and life. Many people have come and gone in my life, and I'm honestly pretty brutal about letting a friendship go if I find that its doing more harm than good. I've actually booted a couple of friends from my life in the last year who I felt were more toxic than anything.

However, I'm very blessed to have made several best friends in my life that I consider family. Unfortunately, they all live quite far away at the moment, but they're the kind of friends that I could call at anytime and they would do very nearly anything for me. My family is their family, and theirs is mine. One, I call her mom Mrs Mom. 🤭 Another spent years just walking into my mom's house and saying "Hi, I'm here" even after I moved out. There are 4 people I consider my best friends, including my handsome man, 5 if you count my sister. But she didn't really have much of a choice, right? 😆
    All these friendships just sort of happened. We said hi one day and that was that.

O. I wrote an essay 🌝 tldr:
    Always say hi to strangers. You never know which one will never leave your side.

Rizky and WhoTfIsWesday like this.
  12. Solo dolo mostly.

13. Dunbar's number is good enough for me.

14. I think I like both. I like having 2 or 3 really close friends but then I also like having lots of acquaintances. I don't really consider them friends ig but when I'm bored I can usually group up w them and whatever they're doing or they're ppl that I talk to in class or when I see them in public. I wouldn't tell them my secrets but they're nice to have, too.

Victoria likes this.