Ban wave 3

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by [ATA]Strange, Sep 16, 2019.

1. ~800 bots and black market sellers were banned this morning.

[​IMG]

FAQ:

I'm botting, will I get banned?
    Eventually. We're humans with a limited amount of time to spend on bot detection, but we'll get around to you. If you stop before then, we might not catch you? Good luck!

I got items from a bot, will I get banned?
    Depends. There are a few criteria that we look at. Depending on how nefarious we think you are, we'll either ban you, take your stuff away, or if we think you're innocent, let you slide.

I have evidence that <X user> is botting!
    To be transparent, we aren't able to use this info right now. Most reports like this that we get are false accusations. Also, it isn't an efficient use of time for us to look into individuals. This lets us do bans in groups of ~1000 a week instead of 10.

Roar.

Strange

2. Get it devs

ToniStark likes this.
  3. This is the ATA police, open up!

Axolotl, graco, Louigi and 16 others like this.

4. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Please tell me someone actually snitched on themself.

5. [​IMG]

6. This is my favorite forum thread series of all time.

VALORANT, Sansa, ToniStark and 4 others like this.
  7. KING OF BANNINGGGGGGG

Ciara likes this.
  8. What if end up buy stuff from a bot n but didn't know they was a bot coz ima be looking for furni soon n I'm not getting ban for some thing that waznt my folt 😶

OGKitten, invaderzimmie and -mojtaba- like this.
  9. This is some Skrulls shizz but with bots.. no one can be trusted... no one. 👀

_Alicia_ likes this.
  10. Mate you’re question is basically answered if you reread the thread.

11. Ooo less than last time 👀

Ciara likes this.
  12. Get those signatures

13. Yeah strange, those r rookie numbers😤

WhoTfIsWesday and Maddi_Matsu like this.
  14. The new group that starts trades and then threatens sfw on anyone that won’t pay with PayPal needs to go. Newer players that get into trading to catch up are an asset to the community. But there are people out there abusing new spending players trying to force them to buy bentos with irl cash.

15. Does the group have a name or are you just speaking in general?

16. The trAdevengers.

-nao-, Muschi and Maddi_Matsu like this.
  17. What is considered “botting”?

18. I was so serious with that question lol

19. In this instance, using automated software that hits parties to get drops and items without having to do it manually. Botters can have entire clubs filled with alts, and thus complete stories quickly and earn hundreds of items. These end up sent to main accounts to increase misc or sold to other players for ig or rl currency.