Villains!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Sherily, Sep 15, 2019.

1. What are your favorite kinds of villains? Cold and stoic? Wild and out of control? Seductive vipers? Why are they your favorite?

For me, I love villains like Makishima from Psycho-Pass because they are cold and calculating. Their high intelligence (and, often, charisma) is intimidating, to me. That being said, villains like Shigaraki from My Hero Acadamia and Carnage from the Spiderman world are my favorite to watch because they are so unpredictable and crazy. Not knowing what they will do next or fully knowing what they are capable of keeps you on edge!

Sloth likes this.
  2. [​IMG]

Kefo, Sloth, Vo and 3 others like this.
  3. Dr Heinz Doofenshmirtz; a true chaotic lawful

PapiLovesHisTequila, Muschi and Ciara like this.
  4. Oh gosh. I can't reference Anime here, but the first thing that comes to mind are movie portrayal of rl serial killers as villains? 😬 Ed Westwick's portrayal of the Sunset Strip Killer in "Wicked City," and Zac Efron's portrayal of Ted Bundy in "Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile." I absolutely 100% do not like the idea of romanticising murderers. But pretend they're fictional for a minute. Every move is cold and calculated, genuinely sociopathic/psychopathic behaviour. They exude charisma, success, and pheromones. You would never suspect they are who they are. That type of villain is my favourite! If I remember any fictional examples I'll post them later. But rn I need my morning coffee for my brain to work. πŸ˜…

Sloth and Muschi like this.
  5. I like them all unless they're ugly

WhoTfIsWesday, Muschi and Sherily like this.
  6. Support.

Those are the villains that always inspire true fear in me- they could be anyone.

Muschi likes this.
  7. [​IMG]Villains like him are the most frightening. Also the most charming. Highly intelligent and sophisticated, and manipulative. Textbook psychopaths! πŸ˜‚

8. The character himself was an excellent example of a psychopath, for sure, and the actor did an amazing job!

9. I personally like villains that genuinely think they're not evil because they're trying to do good, but are too caught up in the moment/themselves to realize they're actually committing harm. I can't think of any specific examples at the moment, though.

10. I like Loki cuz he’s relatable imo

11. No preference. Just like any character, I like them to be realistic (well-explored) and entertaining (well-exploited).

Whatever their personality, motivations, etc. I'd like to see that profile to be treated well.

12. Thanos? πŸ˜¬πŸ˜‚

Loki is a lot of fun. :)

I think this is why I don't usually vibe with a lot of protagonists- I don't feel they are believable. I think villains are easier to create true human depth with.

13. I haven't seen any Avengers film

14. Oh, RIP.

15. Light from death note is like that.

Muschi likes this.
  16. I like a relatable villain.