I don't know you..

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Xx_Vicious_Vixen_xX, Aug 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nah same owner all four years. I am just trying to get my point across. I know I'm not UBER famous or anything like that but I also get these messages at least once a week "hey I know you* or " that username looks familiar"

2. [​IMG]

Ciara and Maddi_Matsu like this.
  3. Man. It must be so hard being that popular.

4. Just...bleu.

5. I get an "I think I know you from somewhere" / "I've seen your name before" like once a month at most 👀

It's hardly bothersome. I think people say that because either a) they are genuinely confused and want a way to place you, or b) they want someone to recognize them for once, and regardless of the reason, as a bleeding human being, I think it's nice to try to find out where they know you from and sometimes say "Yeah I remember you from that now, too."

🌞I don't think it's good to tell them to get lost or leave their curiosity unsatisfied.

renamed9817 and Muschi like this.
  6. how... hard that must be on you
    [​IMG]

7. Hey do I know you?

8. Op thinks that shes the chosen one, just like trump does

9. Trump said he was chosen by the American people. Are presidents not chosen?

10. Um, he said "the chosen one". Aka he's saying Trump acts like he's God's gift to the world, like his shit don't stink, et cetera... he's conceited.

WhoTfIsWesday likes this.
  11. I approve of your developing sense of humor old friend. You’ve arrived. Welcome.

12. Am I the only one wondering who “me me” is?

Kryys and Muschi like this.

13. Within the same paragraph, he said "I was put here by people to do a great job"

"Put here by people" is essentially the same as "Chosen".

He's the chosen one of the American people and that's very relevant to his position as president. More should act as if they're "chosen", and reflect on the reasons for their selection.

14. Trump didn't win the popular vote though. He only won because of the electoral college. So technically the American people didn't choose him

15. Body language mate. He looks up at the sky when he says "im the chosen one".

WhoTfIsWesday likes this.
  16. Did you know Trump claims to have never drank alcohol?
    Hitler did too.
    [​IMG]

17. It's meeee meeeee

18. Trump doesn't drink alcohol because his older brother died at 43 due to alcoholism. :/

19. Maybe he's thankful to G-d for the fact that he was voted in as president? Idk if he is a religious person. I always thought he was atheist, but if he was religious and running for office, he probably prayed multiple times to get in there.

Or the body language is just to emphasize that "chosen one" thing and he's consciously acting it up.

There are like 5 different ways of reading that and I don't understand the concensus for one. It's being used to reinforce the image of him as an egomaniac who is, to secularize a phrase, "Godless". And who might act with religious fervor rather than in the interests of his people and country.

Also copy-paste reason for electoral college as a reason that his election was just.

My own view of G-d is that it is both a concept of nonpermutable truth as well as a culmination of all people both presently and into the future.
    I wouldn't doubt for a second that he holds a common view that G-d represents all of humanity, and his election was (what many would call a blessing of the people) but which he might say is simply a blessing.

Also America is perhaps the last judeo-christian country with 75% of its citizens being Christian. So why attack him for being religious?

The whole attack on this short soundbite from one narrow, hypocritical, and dehumanizing viewpoint sits poorly on my palette. It's the worst one I've seen in his whole campaign.

I find it defensible on many levels. But the first is enough: he said he was put there by people immediately afterwards.

He could also have been saying it ironically. You get into becoming a president of a religious nation in a democratic nature and never once think about being a chosen one. Good luck.

20. I didnt watch the video, but many Americans get their panties in a twist whenever the line between religion and politics is called into question because we're supposed to have a separation of church and state. The president's religious beliefs are always a sore spot. 🙃

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.