Oldies but Goodies

Discussion in 'Other PIMD Discussion' started by WhoTfIsWesday, Aug 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My old manager got me into Michael Jackson last year. L'adorable Satoshi got me into Pink Floyd a lil while ago. I mostly just listen to new music and never bothered w old stuff because I'm ignorant or something but recommend someone that you think only old people listen to that you love.

Maddi_Matsu likes this.
  2. Aye good on you for getting into PF because they went way too hard for me to catch on.
    David Bowie is highly recommended btw. Also Queen but after Bohemian Rhapsody last year, who isn't listening to Queen.

WhoTfIsWesday likes this.
  3. I am not listening to Queen. I shall look them(?) up. Thank you πŸ’• Bowie is never gonna happen for reasons completely unrelated to Bowie tho

4. Fleetwood Mac πŸ‘ŒπŸ»

Also I've been playing Gimme Gimme Gimme by ABBA a lot recently

5. Oh a fren got me into ABBA for the past year, too, actually. I shall check Fleetwood mac. My mama used to listen to them but I always ignored it for some reason πŸ€”

RoseMilkTea likes this.
  6. But... But... Not even one song? Hand picked for your enjoyment. Just one Bowie. Singular.

7. I can't stand a certain person who idolized Bowie so it soured him for me

8. Fleetwood Mac, yes yes yes! What genre do you most listen to? Without knowing, I'd also recommend Violent Femmes, Queen, The Cure, Tears For Fears, Dead Kennedy's. All 70's-80's so I grew up listening to them cause of my parents! I've thrown in a mix of genres.

If you're after 90's bands, I'd say President's Of The United States, Sum 41, Blink 182, The Offspring, Cranberries. <-- To be fair, they're all garage/grunge/punk rock bands so if that's not your thing, you won't like them, but they're my childhood faves. πŸ€™πŸ½

9. 90s music is kind of still my age group, idk any genuinely old people who listen to 90s music. I'll check out the band's you listed in the first paragraph though πŸ™ƒ

10. I have a whole Spotify playlist dedicated to older music that I can send you the link to if you want

11. I mean, I'm gonna take that as a compliment, cause as an 80's baby I'm constantly told I'm old. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜˜

12. KMFDM! It's a German industrial rock/metal band. The full name (they really just go by the acronym now tbh) translates roughly to "no mercy for the majority". They're very political, especially emphasizing on anti-fascism.

They formed in the early '80s and are coming out with their 20-somethingth studio album this year, so I feel like their old but still current. (Although they're very much still "underground".)

Also, a lot of their songs are in English! (And the members aren't all German. They've gone through a lot of different members throughout the almost 4 decades they've been around.)

Here are a few of my favorites (under spoiler for length):

Lemme know what you think. πŸ€— Going off on how you feel about KMFDM, I can give you some other music recommendations. iirc you're fairly versatile, so I think you'll like them!

13. Obsessed with Fleetwood Mac especially the song β€œHold me” ❀️ Michael Jackson is my fav artist( we have the same birthday). David Bowie is a legend, β€œLady grinning soul” is one of my favs. Prince β˜”οΈ Listen to some Toto-Africa, it WILL give you the chills πŸ€—

14. Elvis Presley, Frank Sinatra and John Lennon. Old but still gold.

WhoTfIsWesday likes this.
  15. Everything you said makes me very happy. Every single one of these bands πŸ–€, especially Violent Femmes.

16. Literally everything y'all have mentioned, I've listened to.

Skylar2018 and WhoTfIsWesday like this.
  17. I hate Toto-Africa. It is the most overplayed song on the radio ever

18. Stars and stripes were not my favourite but I liked the other two, particularly the second

Muschi likes this.
  19. I was listening to some Blondie earlier. She is so gooood. I love her so freaking much.

Skylar2018 and WhoTfIsWesday like this.
  20. I spend most of my time w ppl 8-15 years older than me so maybe that's why I still view ppl from the 80s as young πŸ˜…

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.