Bacon

Discussion in 'Other PIMD Discussion' started by Wesday, Jun 23, 2019.

1. No. The articles subsections are locked I think, and Wikipedia admins are VERY good at catching and banning trolls (at least on heavy traffic pages). Read my post edit.

I'm just an info-hub nut and love knowing little bits of all kinds of things.

2. Haha, yes?

Oh yeah, I suppose I should specify I was talking about American bacon. The French don't even know what that is, haha.

3. Victoria is using her wine-tasting skillz for meats now and I am here for it

4. I assumed american bacon

5. Oh okie. I had a look and now like the term 'bacon-mania.' I intend to use it often.

6. I'm a total foodie, too ? Tasting goes across the board really, and my first love was food. :lol:

7. I’m pretty sure my blood is half bacon grease because I eat it so much, it’s basically its own food group. #baconaddict ??

8. You're so adorable haha.

9. I think it's interesting the idea that bacon-mania, by bacon-maniacs, may have stemmed from the idea that eating such an unhealthy, greasy form of meat is an attempt at rebellion against the increasing health-conscious subculture. I think it's something you would find merit it too. Idk if you read that far into it or just skimmed the page.

And while I do find that point true that it may be an attempted rebellion, I also do like bacon a lot. At least the American kind. :)

10. Huh, I guess I'll have to look into what this bacon-mania thing is....

But uh, I've had quite a few other kinds of bacon, and so far it has all been just as delicious, Muschi.

11. I personally don’t like bacon.

12. Everything about bacon kinda grosses me out personally. It’s not my thing.

13. I did look at that a bit ? I'm not too sure what I think of it. I kind of like having a health conscious nation. I'm a fan of rebellion when there's a purpose not so much just for the sake of rebelling because we can if that makes sense. Although health conscious ppl can definitely take it too far so maybe bacon mania can kind of remind them to relax on that idk

14. coz when u eat it, the heaven open its gates, the angel sings and my tastebuds are crying

15. Me either. But it's not even a veganism thing (I mean now that's part of it ig) but before veganism I found the taste and smell kind of overpowering. Like whatever you add it to has officially been bacon-ed and you will never taste anything else in that meal.

16.  I'm with you.

17. @Wed oh yeah i didnt think you were supporting the rebellion, i just thought it was an interesting take because i hadn't necessarily pegged them as attempting to rebel until i read that. i def think it's a dumb thing to rebel over and you can love bacon w/o forcing yourself to obsess over it because you feel like bacon is ~under attack~. meat-eating is still very much the majority so it's akin to like, rich people trying to rebel against poor people or something

18. On the rare occasion that I buy a burger, I must have bacon on it. Otherwise, I tend to eat completely natural and keep BS out of my system

19. Because it's bacon, and pancetta is yum

20. What things do you all qualify as BS (in terms of food)