[Support] Handicap Avatars

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by Sanguine, May 5, 2019.

1. I like the scar idea. I have a scar beneath my eye and I have fallen in love with it. Makes my face different. "Are they flaws if I am in love with them?"

Maddi_Matsu and Muschi like this.
  2. Support!

Muschi likes this.
  3. I support &&&& I also support the stretch marks and scars idea big time... moms always have a hard time excepting their bodies after having kids. As well as men and women who get injured with extrem scarring. It would be wonderful to see them incorporated into avatars so the PIMD community can feel everyone’s body type, ethnicity and preferred gender is accepted on a social game just as it is becoming offline.

4. So basically people who don’t support this idea is ableist and saying handicapped people should be ashamed of themselves... gotcha.

5. No one is saying that everyone who isn’t supporting this idea, believes that. From context, there’s been one person (I believe) who’s somewhat implied that in what they’re saying. Don’t make me use a Nick Fury gif.

6. Mermaid avatars aren’t disabled, they’re mermaid avatars ?

but I guess mermaids are disabled on land

but also the mermaid avatars they maid had a regular foot so it’s like half useful on land and half useful in water?

so not useful at all ?

7. I’m not sure people would use an avatar - especially since most people only use 90/90 avatars - that is disabled, has scars, burn marks, etc.

and I’m not sure people would buy this sort of avatar (maybe only since it would be the first of its kind)

Otherwise I don’t see how this is profitable - most of the population playing PIMD (10,000 or so) is disabled in some sort of way.

8. I snorted.

Where did anyone say mermaids are disabled ppl tho

9. Ive made concept arts for disabled avatars for the past art contests. I never expect to get farther then round 1. My point is to prove they can be added to the game.

I feel like this thread is getting a bit heated. Which negates the point of the thread. I hope everyone can continue to debate in a kind and respectful way, so the thread doesn't get locked.

I am disabled (which I know my art isn't that great or spectacular. But I improve all the time). I want to see avatars that support the disabled community. I think the real sweet spot is when ATA makes an avatar and people don't realize they are disabled or different. Most people don't know about the dormmate with Vitiligo. A lot of people didn't understand the prosthetic leg swimmers.

Ata has to do things in a sensitive way. I get that. The best we can do as a community is to make threads and advocate for inclusivity and diversity. Finally, disabled people do go to college :D it fits right into the game. I think ATA should just made a few for the store that fit the other college themed avatars

10. ^ these look so good

11. This is a very valid point. People of all abilities attend school and thus they should have the chance to represent that on pimd. Good job op for raising an idea with validity and support!!

12. Support

Muschi likes this.
  13. ?Support ?

Muschi likes this.
  14. Support.

I wish I bought those scuba avis before they went out of the store

Muschi likes this.
  15. same :( and this was before the offer wall I believe so I was broke broke

Muschi likes this.
  16. Theres also that one cosplaying leaderboard avi with the missing arm.

I've always thought that was a hella cool avatar.

Support

Muschi likes this.
  17. Found it~

18. Do it.

19. This avatar is amazing wtf

Muschi likes this.