p/AskPimD (Gut Feelings)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by L, Apr 26, 2019.

1. What is a gut feeling(s) did you had that turned out to be true?

2. my step dad was arguing with my mom this one day, late at night, and he stormed out of the house. i had a feeling something bad was going to happen so before he drove away i got my mom to try and stop him from leaving. next morning, it was on the news that he got shot in the passenger side of his jeep. he was a drug dealer, so he had it coming :/

3. I didn't think it was a good idea for my friend to try and fix his car himself and then next day he gets crushed by the thing and almost dies. He's still recovering

4. WARNING: VERY PERSONAL- If you know how to read between the lines, proceed with caution

My friend and were hanging out with one of her lady friends and that girl brought some strangers (guys). I got weird about it but didn't think much of it at the time (mistake #1). Blah blah my friend and them ended up getting along and we all exchange numbers (mistake #2). Eventually they all wanted to hang out and even though I didn't want to, I went along with it (mistake #3). Welp, they ended up taking us to a different state, drugging our drinks (mistake #4-1,000,000). This is where reading between the lines comes in. Our entire lives got flipped upside because I ignored a very strong gut feeling about these guys.

If you get those strong gut feelings, PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE THEM.

5. I had a feeling that my cat had something wrong with him and, it turns out, if I hadn't driven him to the vet when I did, he may have died. The trip there stressed him out enough that he passed a kidney stone that was stuck.

I was glad he was now fine but then a year later I started to get that gut feeling again that something was wrong (convinced myself it was just his old age). But, unfortunately, last December he passed away. He had a seizure due to something wrong in his brain (possibly just anti-freeze poisoning since it was around winter) and I feel bad that I couldn't take him to the vet sooner but it may have been too late by the time I could. He's resting peacefully now though. Where he can gorge all the food he wants.

I'll never take gut feelings for granted now, eheh.

6. The reason I posted that is because I want everybody to be safe and look out for themselves and their friends. If you think the situation is unsafe, please leave even if the people you're with don't want to. YOU ARE IMPORTANT AND UNREPLACEABLE.

7. I'm glad you guys are ok. No one deserves that

8. Thank you. My friend's mom tried getting her to opt out from going to court and all that "do you don't have to remove the memories". It made us stronger and more I never ignore my gut.

9. ️️️

10. Right after the Florida school shooting I had a bad gut feeling when it came to my sister I couldn't explain it. The next day she came home and said 8 of her classmates were taken out of school with handcuffs and were apparently in some gang and brought guns to school and around lunch time was apparently the time they were gonna start shooting, the kids got expelled and the parents got in trouble. I'm the OP btw. I'll try to find the Facebook post for proof but that's gunna be a lot of diggin.

11. I hope it all goes well for him tbh... take care. Bbg.

12. I'm so sorry about it. That's terrible.
    Always be careful who you trust, to anyone reading. Especially when getting on a vehicle, not being in public places or drinking given drinks.

13. Forums would still be dead

14. I read the craziest gut feeling based article yesterday. This woman has breast cancer run in her family; an aunt had passed away from it, and her mom recently diagnosed. So she took the preventative measure to have a double mastectomy, just in case. As is procedure, they examined the tissue post surgery. Typically, when done preventativly, you never find out if you would have ever gotten the cancer. In this case, the routine testing of the tissue came back as positive for cancer in amounts that would have been too minute to detect with current technology had the mastectomy not happened. Thats one hell of a guy feeling.