Platonic or Romantic?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by rendezvous, Apr 13, 2019.

1. What type of relationship do you think should mean more to a person—friends or lovers/soulmates? Which type of relationship means more to you and why?

I’ll start.

I prefer platonic relationships because I love building friendships with people and don’t do too well with romantic intimacy.

2. I agree. Rather be more friends than romantic. I want to crack a good toot and laugh about it. Not feel pressured to hold back.

Okay bad example but you get the point :lol:

3. i value both equally. they both offer similar satisfaction to different aspects and needs/wants of my life.

4. Personally, my romantic relationship matters much more to me. However, if you aren’t in a romantic relationship, platonic ones are definitely a big thing and matter a lot.

I don’t think one should always matter more to everyone, though.

5. Both are equally as important!

And if a romantic relationship can form on the foundation of a platonic one, you've really won. ?

7. I have always viewed my two best friends as family and have always valued them above anyone I have had a romantic relationship with. To me, romantic love is fleeting while the kind of bond I have with my two best friends has outlived anything and everything any of us has lived through thus far.

Regarding regular close friends versus romantic relationships, I think it is a toss up and depends on each relationship.

8. I have never experienced either

9. I’m sorry about this :( I hope you experience either one day!

10. I am generally much closer to my romantic partners than friends or family. I always feel like I can share my pure unfiltered self with partners and very much believe in unconditional romantic love.

I have the capability to develop really strong bonds with friends but it's not the same.

11. I prefer platonic relationships.

12. You should be able to do that with a good romantic relationship when you reach certain confidence point.

Don't do it the first day, though.

Also you may not do it in front of friends, even if you open your soul to those friends...

13. Sort of this. I'm glad that my last ex and I are very close friends now. It didn't work as a romantic relationship for many reasons, but as friendship it's goals. And the solo fact of remain friends after breaking up (which was known to coming, anyway, because he was leaving the country soon) is relationship goals.

14. That's why I said it was probably a bad example, eheh. But, yeah, essentially. Should be comfortable in any relationship.

16. Love or lust?

17. Not sure a romantic relationship would work very well without friendship as a foundation. It'd get pretty boring in my opinion.

18. Hmmmm both are different. But I would like closer friends.

Also Julian Assange got kicked out of the Ecuadorian embassy and is gonna be sued to heck.

19. Both best friend and lover! I like to get know and connect with my girls better than her besties while being her lover!