Monster Hunter World Movie

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by GrandMaster-Dan, Nov 26, 2018.

1. So apparently there is a movie coming out based on a popular video game.

Currently, I have no opinion on how I feel about this yet. (Positive or Negative)

? The studio making the movie showed a snapshot of a character with a Great sword (field manager). Sure it looks authentic, but I fear the graphics beinf disappointing because movies based on video games and anime have a history if not doing well.

Foe those who are aware of the Monster Hunter franchise, what are your opinions? ?

2. It sounds a vaguely familiar.

3. The game is actual trash, lol.

4. And for those who are unaware, its in the 3rd person roleplay action genre. Its basically you (&3 people possibly) hunting monsters .

Pretty fun

5. I say the same about Fortnite, but that's an opinion.

6. Fortnite is trash tho

7. I love the game, played it since MHF2. Couple of pictures I've seen released from the set of the movie look kinda generic though. Trying to keep my expectations low so I don't get disappointed

8. My expectations are somewhat low because making movies with living things that look real enough to please an audience is tough.

9. Exactly. Fortnite is gross too.

10. Everyone has a different play style, sooooo all that really matters is you have fun with what you play.

11. More of a fact than an opinion

12. The game was great; the plot, not so much. My expectations are low, but it’ll probably still be a fun movie to watch.

13. They MIGHT be able to make it a good action flick, borrowing from the various hero movies as a group of hunters are assigned to each other for a couple quests and learning how to cooperate with each other.

It would likely need to be at least 2 hours to be decent and have enough time for both action and story. The real question is what monsters they'll start with.

Personally, I expect them to mention weaker monsters first (Jaggi, Ludroth and the like), group them for a Rathalos, encounter an invading boss monster then deal with it.

That said, my expectations aren't exactly high either but I know their potential to get it done right is a bit higher. They should take a page from Jurrasic Park and just use a rig for most effects. On the other hand, full Computer Generated Images would better lend itself to the total fantasy and reduce some of the other problems.