College Chronicles

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by AiIee, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Last year I took a class that had about 50 students. After the first week we realized that the professor didnt gafff about anything, so people stopped showing up to class. By the third week, there were 7 students (including me) who continued coming to class. Still, the professor continued to read each and every name out loud to take attendance.
    BuT iN a ClAsS oF 50 ThErE wERe oNlY 7 oF uS
    There's an app called groupme the students used to communicate, and some guy texted:
    "If you give me a dollar, I'll call in your name during attendance for free"

Surrrely, no one is dumb enough to give this guy a dollar and believe that it was FOR FREE right?

Homeboy made 30+ dollars every. Single. Day calling in attendance, and mind you, this wasn't through some website or anything like they usually do. The professor made sure to call every name out loud and this guy, sitting at the very front, would say "Here" in various tones, while maintaining eye contact with the professor every single time.
    After a while he got tired of it and didnt even bother changing his voice. He would be saying "here" consecutively until the other 6 students broke the streak when they were called.

There were 7 of us in the classroom.
    He accounted for the 30+ that were missing AND MAKING MONEY "FOR FREE" I--

And the professor never said anything. I think she was at that point in her life where she wanted to topple over and die.

The uni I go to has a reputation of being filled with snobs who think they're smarter than everyone else, but damn. The things that actually happen there are great examples of humans functioning on 2 brain cells and coffee.

But yeah, if you have any university, job, etc story you want to share, go ahead.

2. The guy making that money is smart as hell tbh. Albert Einstein who?

• That dood is going places.
      • x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x
        -Victoria

3. Omg!! :lol:

I almost made $250 from this girl to scan my textbook, even though it cost $30. She ended up dropping the class. :(

4. Suppprt

5. What got me was everytime he would say "here" he would give us a smug look 

Never saw him on campus again

6. Loll time to switch classes and overpriced her again tbh 

7. He made enough money that he didn't need a college education anymore ig

8. So it still sucked for the people on test day, and the people who skipped class now get a McJob for life.

9. It was a type of philosophy class so we had a final paper due online instead of an exam
    I wonder what how he used that money

10. I want to meet him

11. This is beautiful

12. We had an anonymous confessions page for our university, where people usually end up shietposting tbh.

I wrote one for all the tutors I found cute this semester. It accidentally got popular cause other people had those tutors in previous semesters too, and they were all pretty cute k.

Yesterday, my groupmate showed me the confession and I had to act like I knew nothing even tho i w r o t e i t. Luckily they didn't realize I had classes with all three tutors, and ended up playing the guess game with other girls of the group.

So to Georgie, Ziggy and Sephora, sors I lied bruh.

13. Remember when YikYak was popular? At my high school, there was a guy named Kevin who rode his unicycle to and from school everyday and everyone would always post in YikYak like "I just saw Kevin" and everyone would be like "I love him" and "You go Kevin".

14. Support Af

15. Lol there was always that "kevin" in every school. At my old high school it was a guy named Matthew. He used to go to school in a taxi numbered 92 or something, so whenever we saw taxi 92 at random places, we would flip our sht.

16. But plot twist, I'm Georgie

17. My previous school's different. There's this one old male coordinator who was my class adviser. Sadly, whenever the whole class gets close to other teachers (male/female), he makes up weird stories about them and is able to kick them out of school.

Before SHS graduation, there were five teachers I know that faced that tragedy.

18. That's messed up. I hope he gets what he deserves. He sounds like he feels threatened by the idea of others securing good relationships with their students. The students dont say anything?