Club User Ban and Ban list

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by -_I_-4m-G0IN6-7o-CHILL-y0U-__-, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Has the idea of a club ban, or an internal club ban list, ever been introduced or discussed yet?

What does forums think about a setting that would block an individual users account on the club level, and disable the ability of that individual user from requesting to join the club altogether?

1. I realize you can post the ign of the person who is banned on your club wall or CA or GC or tell all of your admin to simply reject that particular users request... but time, effort, unnecessary conversation... ign name changes account stalking... bleh?

2. I realize the user in question can simply make an alt, but most alts would be under the stats requirement of well established clubs and therefore be rejected automatically by all informed admin based on that attribute alone.

TL;DR

Auto Club Ban button for individual user accounts... support or don’t support... let’s hear it...

Muschi and Maddi_Matsu like this.
  2. Support. In my main club, my banned list is at over 20 

3. Doesn't sound very inclusive.

Exclusive is out.
    Inclusive is in.

Exclusive is racist in 2018.

4. I think this was mentioned once faintly and didn’t get received well ? though I’ve never once banned someone from any club I’ve run in all my 6-7 years here, some clubs will ban over the worst reasons. (ie: someone recently being banned from a club they’ve never even been in) but I suppose it could be useful to some clubs = more club farms for people being shut out(?)

5. I agree with this. It can keep track of ign changes easily, as well.

6. I love your sense of humor.

7. Thank you for taking a clear stance, before answering questions that I didn’t even ask.?

8. You think? Or can you actually link the thread where it was mentioned faintly so I have it as a reference to possibly tailor this idea and make it better?

9. You always seem to just understand things right out of the gate. You just get it. Tell Scout and Holly hello?

Muschi likes this.
  10. Very good thread
    No need to put igns on club wall making the person look and feel bad

Muschi likes this.
  11. Great point. I am against using the club wall to single out a user that is banned from a club for that exact reason. The issue is between that one user and that one club or club admin and the user can simply change their ign anyway?‍♂️. But that’s just a personal choice.

Muschi likes this.
  12. I especially dislike when it says just the name and doesn't give a reason. Like were they banned for a legitimate reason like doing a DN overkill on a no DN party, or did they just have an argument with someone in cc?

14. I think this is actually a good idea. Having a list of users and keeping track of them is hard work, and sometimes an admin may have lapse of concentration and accept a banned member. Could be useful to prevent known troublemakers from joining other clubs too? E.g preventing a known cat scammer from joining CC clubs. Although this could possibly be used negatively, with players asking clubs to ban a player for personal reasons (kinda the same as getting them kicked from clubs, I guess). Overall, support.

Muschi likes this.
  15. Think it depends what you're arguing with the admin about. Is it over how the club operates? Or is it over something like pineapple on pizza?

16. I completely agree with the “argument against” brought up. It certainly can be used in a negative way to gang up on a particular player over a personal vendetta, and more easily track that player, if the users current ign and link is forever visible and easily accesible to club admin. Great response and very constructive way to point that out.. Thank you.

17. It’s along the same lines of “kick xyz miscellaneous ass person because they are in sfw with me” lol... like ok why? Proof?

18. I like to go: "They still have their tutors and their losses are minimal. Hmu when you have stripped their tutors and give em some losses." Sometimes that catches em off guard cuz they expect an immediate kick, no questions asked.

Victoria likes this.
  19. Instead of doing non potd I said why don’t we ff and do potd . She said after party then i said guess you don’t care about your members getting drops . Instead of talking to me about it like an adult she went to the president so I called her a kid . Then someone got mad cause I go by angel just like her and she left