ωнү αяε ωε αℓℓ sσ σғғεη∂ε∂?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by lIlIllVash-The-StampedelIlIllI, Jul 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. ωнү αяε ωε α sσ σғғεηε ?

If you're offended coz a snowflake got offended at you coz of your opinion does that make you a snowflake as well ?

Anyways so what is worth getting offended and what is not really worth getting offended?
    Earlier today I read somewhere that if someone calls me stupid then that gives me a right to get offended or even disgusted but that doesn't mean that I should start a campaign to ban the word stupid altogether.
    Do you remember how Nivea once made an advertisement with the tagline "white means purity." and that offended so many people that the company apologised and in reality, the white in that ad wasn't really used for ethnicity but people just got so offended and made a lot of fuss about it.
    I mean try saying anything in public and someone will get offended and the chances will increase with the increase in the size of the audience.
    And well that's one way to look at it.
    On the other hand, the person getting offended has a freedom of speech and can say anything he/she wants.
    But doesn't everyone has a freedom of speech and that includes the person who offended you in the first place???
    Like it's okay to be offended at something because of your race,sexuality,citizenship,ethnicity or any kind of other cultural beliefs etc etc but that doesn't mean that we should hammer that person down into oblivion.
    Does everyone these days needs to hire a socially and politically correct individual to say anything on like anywhere??
    Are you offended by this thread as well?
    What is actually freedom of speech and are we even liberal if we think we are liberal but we are not able to accept anyone who has a different mentality than us?

let's discuss this today !

~Vashie out

ps: plz try to be civil and follow tou so that this thread doesn't get locked too soon.

2. The sjws have gone to far.

3. inb4 lock

5. Everyone's offended because their parents let them be over opinionated asshats who think that they can run the world and no one's going to stop them. If only these kids got real discipline nowadays and told that they aren't always right. People now a days have the feeling that they can put their two cents into everything and if nobody agrees then it's the end of the world.

6. wow I’m offended.

7. I don't get offended over irrelevant people. I don't care if you don't hold any value in my eyes. Either you accept or keep begging for someone else's attention. Not every opinion is this same, and not all opinions are equal, but every opinion should be respected no matter how dumb it is

8. owwww Ily ❣️

9. I don't think the use of Nivea's "white is purity" campaign is a good example to use in this situation. Nivea is a German skincare line, and the campaign image was shared amongst both German right-wing activists (incl. far/"alt" right and white supremacists).

When a skincare company from a nation who has had, um... huge issues with white supremacy in the past posts an advert about whiter skin being more pure, and in turn white supremacists share the advertisement and celebrate it as a form of propaganda... a company would want to apologize that the advert was recognized (even incorrectly) as a dog-whistle to that kind of behavior, especially if it is one your company does not wish to be connected with.

10. Why are wedding dresses white?

11. I'm glad you asked! Here's why!* It actually has nothing to do with purity and essentially has to do with Queen Victoria had a white wedding dress, and people wanted to emulate her.

White wedding dresses is really only a Western idea, anyway, and that Nivea advert was originally posted on its Middle Eastern webpage.

*Link to the page with sources is in the video description.

12. Man I wanted to respond to that thread with my ign as title but it got locked faster than I could type.. on topic though

If someone tells me that my opinions offend them, I tell them that their breathing offends me. Let's change each of those shall we?
    Works everytime.
    JK not really

13. Fake news. You're American, you learned in Elementary School that the Brits are liars.

Also, the way you speak of right wing groups is hateful. You lump in all conservatives with extremist groups.

You disgust me. We must ban Firebends

14. You obviously didn't watch the American video or check out any of its sources from varying countries incl. American ones. In fact, it talks more about traditional American values and how it was corrupted by the British as well as big businesses looking to swindle people. I think you would find it quite interesting.

There are right-wing extremist groups and left-wing extremist groups. I pointed out that right-wing people latched onto the advertisement, and I said that included white supremacists and the far/alt right. I never said the entirety of the right-wing were extremists. Just like the entirety of the left-wing aren't extremists. But that doesn't mean they aren't right-wing or aren't left-wing.

15. Your font is offensive
    That means i like it

16. I'd say something but it might offend someone. ?

17. If you aren't a virgin, and you wear a white wedding dress you're tacky. And people are gonna talk about how tacky you are. That's life, deal with it.

And there you go again lumping in the entire right wing with white supremacists. What does the ad have to do with conservatives whom are not white supremacists? Why are you saying "right wing people latched on to the advertisement"?

You're racist and tacky, ma'am.

#BanFirebends!

18. this is offensive @pimd please demod him, permasilence, and ip ban him from forums

19. Dude, I'm just saying what the articles I looked at said:
    Nivea removes 'white is purity' deodorant advert branded 'racist' ー BBC
    Nivea pulls 'white is purity' ad after outcry ー CNN
    Nivea pulls 'white is purity' ad after backlash, alt-right adoption ー The Sydney Morning Herald

Several months after that debacle, Nivea launched a skin"care" line in Africa that was supposed to lighten one's skin to make them look more white.

Also, saying that alt-right and conversatives are on the same wing of politics isn't equating them to each other. Some articles I read said right-wing shared it, and some of them got more specific and said alt-right, so I did the same with broadening it and then specifying a more direct coalition where most of it was concentrated.

20. I mean like as op said it's not the company's intention to say in anyway that white people are superior compared to the black people and even in their apology they said that they actually value diversity in their employees from what I read.
    People just say that it 'can' be taken or 'interpreted' like this which is actually being a social justice warriors I think.
    As homosexual said 'sjws have gone too far!"

Feels like the pepsi kendal jenner to me.
    Sjws just got offended over anything coz they
    CAN.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.