My very first Interview

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by sleepwalk, Jul 5, 2018.

1. So, all of my life I was always told to put school first. I wasn't allowed to get a job until I graduated HS and got my driver's license.

I finally got my license a few weeks ago. I've been applying to jobs like my life depends on it (cus honestly, it kinda does).

Soooo, I have an interview next Monday with an employer at Zaxby's. My very first interview. :')

What are some of the DUMBEST things I could possibly say or do that would terminate my chance at getting the position?

You can be creative, if ya want.

Example 1: Not maintaining eye-contact whatsoever.

Example 2: Bringing your collection of superhero comics and magazines as a physical representation of your interests/hobbies.

Example 3: Telling my grandmama and having her show up at the interview with flowers, gifts, and cake.

Also, if you have any actual advice, I wouldn't mind taking it. I'm kind of winging this thing since I don't really know what to expect.

2. Tell them you're strong points
    1. I'm a fast learner
    2. Hard worker
    Etc also smile maintain eye contact wear dress clothes not white tie but dress pants nice white shirt

No-no:
    Lie

3. Goodluck op

4. Good luck. You’ll do great.

5. Tell them you've been fired from so many jobs that you can't even remember them all to make a resumè out of it

6. Good luck cutie. <3 I had my first interview on Tuesday and it was so awkward. I found it hard only to be able to apply to his questions to things that happened in school/college. I have full faith in you!

7. Awh thanku so much, mum. That's what I'm going to have to do too, so it'll probably feel the same. <3

8. my public speaking teacher told me that if/when they ask you about your weak points, tell them and bring up ways you combat them. For example, you like to iron out little details and often forget about the big picture, but you make urself step back and look at it again idk

edit: tbh i didnt even read your question but this still stands

9. LMAO

10. O wow, thx for the actual advice. I would've just said I suck at everything I do but I'm dedicated to getting things done. LMFAO.

11. Tell them they found Nemo

12. In all seriousness though, the best 2 tips I've gotten are 1) do your research on the place beforehand, and make sure to try to throw info about it casually into the conversation to show them you are knowledgable about the place, and 2) interview the interviewer by asking what the job can do for you etc... make it go both ways.

13. Get really personal with them?. Ask them what their 3rd favourite lizard is and when their first pet died. Guaranteed to not get you the job

14. LMFAO the confusion on their face would be so good, I'm almost tempted.

15. Interview the interviewer, sounds like inception.. or interception. HA

16. this is good advice too. I remember somebody saying they had an interview, and was asked at the end if they had any questions. The person asked the interviewer(s), "What do you like about the job?" and the interviewers were surprised ? idr their answer, but gave positive feedback after the interview ended

17. I think I might get a little frisky and ask them what their 1st favorite lizard is instead ?

18. Research. Prepare. Know your resume. It's embarrassing if you say something and your resume says something else.
    Stay calm. Don't hesitate to ask questions.
    Those are the general pointers.
    More depends on the job profile. Goodluck.

19. I HOLLERED
    “When did your first pet die”

20. "What makes you want to rip your hair out working here at Zaxbys?"