World Cup Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by UnavaiIabIe, Jun 28, 2018.

1. The World Cup 2018

Every four years, for a whole month, the entire world lavishes attention on a tournament that has no equal among spectator sports. The World Cup is a showcase for soccer’s unmatched popularity and the immeasurable passion it generates in every nation. It is a remarkable event where international relations and the human spirit shine at their best. The World Cup, to me, symbolizes the understanding and solidarity that nations could establish to coexist peacefully.
    Discussion
    @Predictions
    @Reviews
    @Results
    @Rants/Thoughts
    @Goals Gifs etc etc!

2. Soccer is crap.

Only thing boringer is golf or f1.

(No I don't care if I get hate or told boringer isn't a real word ?)

3. Todays hotly anticipated game, both sides with world class players fighting for first place in group G. @my prediction = draw 0-0. first place will go to england for most goals in the group. I am baised.

edit: Hi bec welcome to the discussion. boring or not watch this game tonight. We can bet some bentos :p

4. Everything is boring if you haven’t played or experienced it before ? go play with some balls gurl

5. Oh I see what you did with my name there, cute ?
    And op wanted opinions, I gave mine, and I'm entitled to it. Who says I haven't played or watched or been to a game of soccer before?
    Because I have and I didn't enjoy it.
    So please, sit back down fool ?

6. Who said you weren’t entitled to your opinion though
    I just commented on your comment
    Like you did on op’s post
    I’m entitled to mine too am I not??
    And i’m lying down tyvm
    You can sit down k

7. I'm just gonna agree to disagree seeing as you aren't gonna drop it.

8. I think today will be 3-2 Belgium. Batshuayi will make up for misses from last game. If he starts.

9. Yea apparently hes starting, & they intend to rest more players. Hope they rest Kevin De bruyne too, England can't deal with such creative players. edit: England has no playmakers.

England will attack first half & tire second half. Belgium will probably take advantage of this.

10. Belgium resting so many players they clearly want second place to avoid Brazil/Mexico. England will for sure win against a B team Belgium.
    Brazil to win the whole tournament for me though.

11. they’re gonna tie 1-1 and the group will depend in yellow cards

12. I prefer to watch soccer over tennis.

13. Hm and runners up? Argentina has something to prove tbh final world cup for messi too?

England, currently have -2 fair play points, currently leading Belgium, who have -3. But you can rely on kyle walker & Ashley young to pick up a yellow card every game lol. Not sure about belgium, this will be interesting.

14. lol, just noticed Germany got knocked out yesterday.

Edit: i missed an intense game & THE ALMIGHTY VAR!!

15. The idol of sports is a large part of why most men are losers.

16. @#Latest Scores
    @Colombia&Japan advance
    @Poland& Senegal Knocked out

If England or Belgium win group, they face japan. If either lose, they face Colombia. I think.

17. I don’t see Argentina being runners up but then again I didn’t expect it in 2014 either!

They do look fairly poor atm I would tip Spain to reach final instead of Argentina.

18. usa will win it

19. All the big teams are in Portugal’s Bracket. I feel the final might be Brazil/France Vs Spain/Belgium, since Belgium wanna get 2nd place to go to the easier bracket.

20. Tbh disappointed.
    Poland (my origins) is out they played like sh*t. The second team I was supporting was Germany... But well as you know... They're also out... Guess I'm done watching :')

I only wish the best for Japan hope they'll go far(you never know with all that happened until know)