Mods/Campus/PvP Hunts

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mugen, May 8, 2018.

1. Index

1) Intro
    2) Mods
    3) Revamping:
    - Campus
    - Leaderboards
    - Stat Range
    - Spinner
    - Cat Café Pro
    - Store and Sales
    - Regeneration
    4) Hunts
    - How to include the community
    - PvP Opt in Hunts

Intro

The top problems I'd say we face is Moderators who are on and not doing the jobs they signed up for, and players getting bored with hunts or the game in general. I have some ideas to change pimd and make it more fun for us all.

Mod Problem:

If you check pimd reviews in google or apple a lot of people complain about rp posts and people doing things like selling/exchanging inappropriate photos.

I've personally seen the following in campus/on walls:

Account and item selling for real life money.
    Blackmailing for furniture/extra credit items.
    Underage players and people seeking them.
    People asking for real life meetups/hookups with strangers.
    People giving out phone numbers/asking for meetups on other apps.
    Bypassing in ways that violate current ToU.

I cannot and will not say none of the mods are moderating well, but it often seems like they're inactive, not doing their jobs, or they just dont care compared to the mods of the past.

Revamps

Campus

Bring Back the "player has been muted." message in campus when Mods silence people. It was taken away for reasons like "it clutters campus" but now that it is gone, it seems it acted as a deterent to others that would break ToU.

If the "clutter" truely is an issue then remove the "player has joined pimd, volley them now!" posts, or the "club has started a party" posts. As nice as they are to see possible volleys or what potd is, overall they seem like unnecessary information seeing as there are pages dedicated specifically to tutors and clubs running parties.

I personally would also prefer not to see men "30+ seeking young girls 15-17". And bring back when players get muted.

(This also lets the community know mods are doing their job.)

Leaderboards:

I think we can all agree that the "value" aspect of leaderboard is basically useless. Its cool that some people are high priced and all but what if instead it ranked total misc bonus, or dance wins, or most parties completed. It could be more relevant in any of these ranks I believe.

Stat Range:

A lot of players have the trouble of coming across players millions of stats higher than them who want to attack them.

If you close this gap even slightly, maybe 2x your stats, I'm sure the community would appreciate it.

Examples;

A 70mcs shouldn't be able to hit around the 10mcs range, how is that fair on either side? It is almost encouraging players to hit others who have practically no chance of retaliating.

Spinner:

1) It could be more wheel of fortune type spinner so we can see everything on it at once. This would mostly be visual, but it might also relieve concerns about the spinner "cheating" by skipping over rarer prize sections to more common ones.

2) The cash value could be set to the lcbc (all dorms open with highest tier dorm mates max level) value so its worth it for everyone rather than no one.

Reason being that the current cash is set at your stat range's value, which is nice but honestly helps no one, but lcbc players only need tutors anyway and the rest of us need raw stats. If our raw stats increase the lcbc players get better tutors. I believe its a fair trade off.

3) Maybe add a way to pick items you want on the spinner out of a selection. (The selection having many common items, slightly less rare items, way less super rare items, ect to choose from as you make your choices.)

Example:

Say theres 20 total slots for spinner items. You need at least 12 common, 6 rare and 2 super rare items. The rates to get them will remain the same but you get to choose what is on the spinner itself.

Maybe you dont want specific avatars, maybe you sell cats and dont want them as a option, maybe you really want maeve items or chibis. You now get the option to pick more or less of them.

This is not saying you can choose with a guarantee to win that item. It will still be unlikely odds you will win the super rare items, but with this option when you do win it, it won't be a prize you will never use like a specific gendered avatar.

Cat Cafe Pro Party:

I noticed that the higher stat players will be able to kill almost entire bars in cat cafe especially with a few of them hitting at once.

Maybe introduce a Cat Cafe Pro that needs two cats to start, twice as much pay and its harder requiring more and stronger hits to effect the bars movement. If it had an extra bar or two in it aswell that'd be nice, but have it around forever with normal cat cafe option. That way everyone can hit and make their drops or rewards.

Players could hit less total parties to make their rewards, although this adds to having cat clubs to place in top 100 or top 10, but you wouldn't need to run as many cats to get the quest rewards!

Regeneration:

One of the best things about Gangs at War (ATA old app) was that you were full every half hour compared to every hour.

Make our bars regenerate at 30 minutes instead of every hour, also reducing plunder/damage by half. This would encourage players to log in more often actively tapping around in parties or wars and we wouldnt see any loss in potential hourly plunder/rewards!

Hunts:

Players often complain hunts have become boring or repetitive. That the only way to place is to be in cat clubs, they are pay to win stories, etc. Well we have an idea to help fix some of these problems.

1) We've been asking for ages but OPT-In PvP hunts. (Discussed further below)

2) Develope a few hunts at a time and make threads in forums so the community can vote on which hunts they like! It could even just be avatars or the furniture in the hunts, it would be a fun way to include the community!

3) Maybe introduce a break system, maybe not after every hunt but after every 3 hunts or so.

PvP Hunts:

Reasons to include this:

Player side:

This gives players who want to PvP an outlet and draws their attention away from players who want to just party.

It could be run either during or after a PvE hunt and with it being opt in only, only players who sign up to participate show on each other's battle list.

If youre already in SFW both clubs most likely will sign up and you can still get rewards and notes and whatnot for just doing what you already are.

The community could plan wars to line up with PvP events and have threads for sign ups and such like they do now but they'll get rewards! Currently planned wars are very difficult to run/populate because players don't want to miss out or get behind in hunts.

It can introduce new rare mcs items based off fighting or weapony or armour or anything really. Imagine a GoT weapon or boxing gloves or your favorite hero/villians armour in your showcase adding to your stats!

ATA Reasons to Add:

1) 1Doctors Notes - sales would increase just to make their goals for the hunt.

2) Also imagine adding a super rare item similar to the kush item that was just introduced.

Instead of it dropping from a party it can drop from a player. People would spend notes to just try and obtain that item.

Example:

Players A and B are opted in for PvP hunt. Player B hits player A for one half unload. Player A uses a doctor's note to regenerate and unloads back but suddenly after a random hit player A gets a punching bag item at 2.5mcs/2.5mcs!

This item would obviously be rare at those stats and because there is no current cap on PvP doctor note usage the chance to obtain this item should be very low, encouraging players to stay active in the PvP hunt even after they have finished the hunt's story missions.

With a flat rate percent that is low it also prevents any one player from being targeted over the item or likelihood of winning the item.

3) You could take breaks developing long PvE hunts and maybe make the PvP hunts a weekend only thing, ensuring most players can get a chance to do it and keeps the PvP hunts short.

4) It would definitely make a lot of players learn to fight back rather than complain to the support staff over hits.

5) You could create pvp extra credit items/dates like care packs to increase plunder against players.

6) PvP hunts have proven popular and successful in KaW, meaning it would be worthwhile to at least try it out on this platform to see if the reaction is just as positive.

End

These are just some of the problems I've noticed and want to try to help fix.

The BEST way to get ATA to do one or many of these changes is to comment "support" if you agree with all or most of these solutions, or comment "no support because..." and add your reasoning. I am not new to PimD or forums, I made a thread like this before and we got the relationship feature, ATA does listen, it just takes time and the community to stand together.

Special Thanks!

_-Wednesday-_ (bb code help)
    -PA_DragonLily- (Helped Edit Ideas)
    Chikadee (Grammar/wording edit)

2. Believe it or not, mods have lives too. Crazy huh?

3. This was so incredibly put together. Kudos!

I agree with most of this and hope you get the support you need for these to be implemented!

Only question I have is didn’t they make it so you can now bypass the filter without consequences? I swear they made an announcement. (I could be 400% wrong about this though)

4. 70mcs' cant hit 10mcs' so problem solved

5. I care.. and I do what I can do.. if people are posting things that break tou, we do silence whenever we are on.. and also I know of other mods who do the same.. just cuz u don't see us.. does not mean we are not doing our work..

Also this is not only for you.. but for all the people who think we are not doing anything..

Please contribute to community in a positive way..
    -If u see anybody breaking tou; use report function, talk to a mod, talk to them and tell them it is wrong if they are newbies and don't know the tou, take SS and email it to ATA..
    -Apply for modship if you meetthe criteria's.
    -Help the newcomers to understand the game.

And if u need anything u could always add me or any other mod we could try to help u out as much as possible..

6. Sort of, if its not directed at anyone or vulgar then yes. But theres still exceptions to that rule. It's still against ToU to be vulgar.

7. The problem with the report feature is I actually spent days using it but I personally have given up on that feature. I see the same names all the time asking for the same things that shouldn't be on campus.

8. Bypass is now filtered.. however if u bypass by cussing directed at somebody it is still silenceable..

9. Agreeing ?✔ Ata should take time to read this.

10. The report feature is still being tested. But u can still just report a player.. U can use the help ticket to report a player..

11. I told ATA i was using the feature if they told me to do that I would have. But it just seemed to go unnoticed, also I did not want to or mean to give the impression you or all the mods are doing nothing and Im sorry if it came off that way. Its just maybe they need more of you guys with this playerbase than before? Maybe some of you are kicking ass and one or two of them truely do nothing. Im just asking for some kind of change to happen, I am not saying all mods need to be stripped of that position. <3 Please continue to help as you are saying you do and that will fit into what Im asking.

12. Now this is lit

13. Support  well said.

14. A 72mcs actually was farming down to 10-12mcs, he enjoyed bragging about how low he could hit in our club.

Also, of course mods have lives. I don't think anyone expects them to dedicate all of their day or even time on the game performing voluntary duties. However i also remember a time when it seemed mod's respective time zones were spaced enough so that it was likely wc was constantly monitored by at least one mod. The rules on bypassing have, imo, become hazy and now strongly rely on personal opinion, however the violations legendary is referring to are very clear. While we as players can and should report these cases, it's also frustrating to see the same names posting the same violations for days.

15. But this is all up to ATA. It's a great idea tho

16. Ooooh so glad I asked ‘cause I didn’t know this! Thank ya ??

17. You really missed the opportunity to reply "fùck yeah!" Lol