Maeve, Alf, Bento Logic Explained.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HormoneMonster, Nov 1, 2017.

1. It has come to my attention that pimd participants have declared Maeve, & Alf Bentos irrelevant due to their appearances & or popularity.

The facts in which make this oppression of the said, Alf & Maeve Bentos are quite atrocious.

I've heard that the reason Chibi or in other terms, the Tempura Bentos are more valued in the eyes of these participants because of not only their appearance but how rare it is to acquire a said chibi.

Now to explain the flaws or errors in this logic.

1. Chibis happen to be easy to acquire due to the spinner and or smaller items people will trade for them. You can literally trade one event box for 1 or 2 Chibis (event boxes typically are dropped every single potd party & happen to stack if not used right away so you really never run out).
    Also not to mention you can get 11 to 15 Chibis for 1 lamp or shelf furniture.

2. You must Collect 10 of each 4 Chibis. Now not only do Tempuras require this but you have to do the same for Alf's & Maeve Pieces.

3. Tempura Bentos have the same stats of 250,000 for Str/Intel. Not only Alf's Bentos have the these exscat stats but Maeve Bentos do as well. (But These 2 are still considered unequal?)

With these facts explained, its safe to say that Chibis are mostly wanted due to their original pimd popularity Status & Appearance. Not really for their item Stats or collective requirement.
    (If this was not the case then Alf's & Maeve Bentos would be ridiculously valuable as well.)

Is this True or False?

2. From opening lite boxes alone I got 10 maeve pieces.

Spinner all I’m getting is crappy scarfs and money.

That’s why chibis are rare. Plus not many like selling furniture due to how quickly the prices drop for it.

To add; for a nub who has got nothing of value it’s hard for them to trade with others for chibis.

Maeve bentos are easy to require tbh

3. Very observant but not every person will get 10 Maeve pieces from a box. Note that not everyone spends money on this app to open boxes.
    In this perspective they are the same to acquiring requirements. Even though it is hard for nubs to trade the said, "Furniture" and or, "Items" it is not impossible.
    Also players or participants can always negotiate the levels of furniture, again it is not impossible for traders to acquire pieces.

4. It's simple, demand supply... They introduced a new currency in market, ppl liked the old one better, hence higher demand and higher value...

6. Pixels are of zero value at the end of the day.

7. I said LITE boxes which are free twice a day. Everyone can acquire them as long as they complete 2 parties. I don’t spend money on poxy boxes

8. As you are right this was actually in the facts that I discussed. Older items tend to be more in value but and some aspect old sets are not even sorted after anymore. In retrospect old set pieces are not around & become these said,
    "Rarities" due to less availability for trading & yet hold barely any value. Compared to the chibis that, (Stay) in rotation. Chibis maybe older but compared to new Bentos they can still be less valued only because they are still easy to acquire due to box & or furniture traders not to mention the spinner wheel. I always acquire Chibis from the spinner & rarely any event items. For others I know it is different for every item is a slim chance.

10. Ok you collect Alf and Maeve bentos whilst we collect the rest 

Happy hunting

11. I am quite sorry for the misread my dear, I do know that you can acquire those pieces from light boxes, I was referring to the light box when I was explaining that I myself have never gotten 10 pieces from a box. It's always one at a time & that means two pieces a day.
    Now for me to be able to successfully make a Maeve Bento set from the pieces, I would have to open two boxes for exactly 7 days each week until I've collected, (10) of every piece.
    ( this is only assuming that I would actually get the different pieces I need & not the same more then enough wanted or required for example: the first piece for the whole set more then 10 times.)
    If anyone has ever opened these said, "Lite" boxes know the struggle of having the same pieces given at random.
    When it comes to the wheel it is the same with chibis.
    (You can still spin more then twice a day if you build or earn coins.)

They are both chance.

Which even the odds in that aspect.

14. See, When you really put this into perspective it is still very flawd in the valued illusion of chibis over Alf's, & or Maeve Bentos.

16. >oppression

Lol

17. anyway. with those of us that open thousands of boxes, we get thousands of maeve/alf pieces. most of us give them away or sell them quite cheap, because we essentially have an infinite supply. therefore, people who don't get them as often from boxes can't charge much for them because people buying them would just scoff and find one of us with way too many of them selling cheap ?

18. Think of chibis as 1kg of gold and maeve as 1kg of poop. Same stats(weight) right? Value though?

Its very simple to understand if you think in the right direction. People who spend, control most of the economic trends. They get maeve bentos in abundance. Also, they get furnitures from opening tons of boxes because well, they spend. So they sell the furniture (some do, some recycle, some keep) for chibi bentos which can only be acquired through spinners (not by spending), because well, they have maeves and alfs in abundance.

Now again, people who spend can buy cats and consequently sell cats. What would they sell for? Yes, chibi bentos because they get maeves and alfs in abundance anyway.
    Therefore the demand for chibi bentos rises. As the demand rises, so does the value. Ergo gold vs poop.
    Its a vicious circle. Even if people get 1000 bentos, they'll prefer to sell stuff for bentos because other people are selling for bentos too and they might want to buy the goodies.

Alfs and meaves tho? Not so much.
    Simply
    People who spend, direct the economic trends.

19. Exactly. It's all complete bollocks. The stats are the same and no-one uses them anyway.

20. Comparing poop to gold is a very poor way of
    description/evaluation. The maeve pieces typically have the same value as one chibi. Also the bento's happen to be the same stats. It all comes down to the popularity, appearance & or original vintage status. (Meaning old). As I said even though there are old sets/set pieces out there that do not have any pieces in rotation AKA easy to find & trade for are considered more valuable than Chibis although they are barely any value because the Chibis are more sorted after.

Chibis rotate & stay relevant each & every month each & every week.

It is impossible not to get or not to find a chibi.

With Maeves, its the same.

In all reality Chibis seem like they're hard to get but in all close observation they are easy to come by & acquire.

With the spinner like I said before people can either save on coins earn coins by watching videos or buy coins from deals & also you get coins every single day by that little gift box.

In my case I'm always getting Chibis from the spinner.
    Plus with some people having more than one account they're most likely to get more Chibis than others with just one account.

So typically Chibis are very easy to acquire.

On my first account I completed two chibi Bento's within 1 week. On this account that I have right now I actually completed three Chibi bentos over the course of three days. The third Bento which was a prep chibi set was a week. I had one of each set of chibis.

Because I actually had more than one account I was able to successfully complete three Bento's.

They are really not that hard and I actually sold mine for attendance in a CC.

Because I know I can make more.

In my evaluation they had the same stats they're both equally acquirable therefore it's not logical to have the other Bento sets lesser in value just because of their appearance & or vintage value.
    In some aspects most people are into new & better things which makes chibis questinable in some circumstances.
    Let me put it in this way, if a Halloween event actually had brand new Chibis that were dressed up in little costumes for a haunted Tempura Bento Set, do you think that people would actually be hunting for them more than the regular said chibis?
    To me I would say yes because they are in appearance wise, valued & very cute.