Hurricane Harvey Disaster Relief + 2 x Cat Cafe PROMO

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by [ATA]Jean, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Thanks ATA.

What matters is that we do our part to help. No need to judge or criticize how others help because any help goes a long way to people who need it.

2. Although this is a good attempt, i don't really support red Cross for the dirty work they did, i appreciate ata for doing this. My money sure went to the JJ Watt's donation drive 

3. Just stop lol, why do you have to be so negative on a post for charity? There's no use in derailing a post like this bc it's for the victims of a huge disaster. Why don't you just make a post for organizations or charities for those in South Asia? No point in trying to say "but they have it worse.." when both parties are suffering. This isn't a competition lmao. Like legit make the post and move on( idk if you have, but if you did then just stop coming for posts about donating to hurricane Harvey victims) ?it's no use, tbh. Anyway, thanks ATA for donating ?

4. Re: Hurricane Harvey Disaster Relief 2 x Cat Cafe PROMO

X2 cc is great but I think a special limited gift would be a good idea as well

5. Re: Hurricane Harvey Disaster Relief 2 x Cat Cafe PROMO

JJ Watt from the Houston Texans has raised over $16 million on his youcaring site. If you don't want to donate to Red Cross..consider youcaring. 100% of the money raised goes to the flooding victims. He has already sent many trucks full of supplies to the shelters.

6. I wish I could like this post 100 times!

7. Re: Hurricane Harvey Disaster Relief 2 x Cat Cafe PROMO

Not even charity can stop the bitter beckys.
    @ATA, y'all are doing a great thing. Kudos to you

8. Re: Hurricane Harvey Disaster Relief 2 x Cat Cafe PROMO

Please support other charities not Red Cross. The red cross CEO took a $983,000 salary back in 2015. They only give a percentage of the donations to the actual victims.

9. Re: Hurricane Harvey Disaster Relief 2 x Cat Cafe PROMO

It's actually called criticism mate duh ?

10. gotta love how ata is selective with such events

11. Re: Hurricane Harvey Disaster Relief 2 x Cat Cafe PROMO

I live in Houston and I appreciate you doing this ATA ?️.

12. USA is rich country, u r doing great job but pls have u ever thought to help people of india which had floods this monsoon due to climate change caused by super powers, Millions were displaced and thousands dead. Farmers have committed suicides due to loss of thier crops.

13. Re: Hurricane Harvey Disaster Relief 2 x Cat Cafe PROMO

2011 - Earthquake and tsunami in Japan
    2013 - Typhoon Yolanda in the Philippines
    2014 - HIV Immunity Project worldwide
    2016 - Wildfires in Canada

These are some of the past fundraising events we've had on PIMD. Let's not pretend ATA only help one side of the globe.

As Jean said, they are not a charity organisation, and can't hope to sustain a business by supporting each and every cause. It's terribly unfortunate that there are so many disasters worldwide, and kudos to ATA for offering to help at all 

What we don't see are all the smaller donations ATA make as well, to support their own local community. Definitely a charitable company

Thoughts are with all affected by disaster, past and present, and hope for a speedy recovery 

14. how to fix globe telecom billing i cant buy any ecd

15. Re: Hurricane Harvey Disaster Relief 2 x Cat Cafe PROMO

I heard the Red Cross isn't a good place to donate  I don't know whether this is true or not

17. My fellow brother and sisters here in Texas want to thank each of you for this. It means a lot.

18. Susan B Anthony was the name you were looking For, I do believe.

Also on a separate note the red cross uses donations for things like food, water, cots, blankets, clothes, other immediate necessities for people who lose everything to natural disasters. I dont *think* theyre the ones you should look to for a rebuilding effort. Perhaps Habitat for Humanity? I've helped build homes with them before... They may be more likely to try and rebuild after a disaster.