A Much Needed Warning About Phishing Sites

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by ATAMarceline, Jul 5, 2017.

1. So there's been a rise lately in players reporting getting their accounts "hacked".

First off, did you enter your login details onto a third-party website in an attempt to get Free Cats and ECs?

Under the rare possibility that you did, you might have just given away your login details to a phishing site. Consider this an official cautionary warning not to enter any of your login details anywhere outside of the official Party in My Dorm application.

You are Robin, I am Batman.

It should go without saying that posting your details on sites that cannot be trusted will likely lead to be bad, bad things.

ATA's official statement on hacked accounts:

"Our game's login system is very secure. No one can hack into anyone's accounts. Login details are never published anywhere, nor are account's passwords known to anyone but the owner. Even our staff don't know our players' passwords. Unfortunately in every case we've encountered the "hacked" account was due to account sharing or selling. We work very hard to ensure the safety of our players' accounts. However, if a player chooses to disclose login details to other players, we cannot guarantee the security of their account."

The next time you are tempted to go get free Cats and ECs and Kinis and things off-game "for free", think twice. ATA cannot be held responsible and will not be compensating for lost items/accounts due to such tomfoolery.

By the same token, any players caught spreading and sharing phishing website links gets automatically banhammered.

Justice will be swift and blonde, like Thor.

But in all seriousness: DO NOT SHARE LOGIN DETAILS WITH ANYONE, ANYWHERE.

Listen to Seth Rogen. Don't do it.

TL;DR: Your account isn't hacked, you gave your login information away. Be smarter.

Vector, Fantastic and iEllie like this.
  2. 

3. Don't be like Robin.

Jinchuriki and Alollofern like this.
  4. Hackers?? Hmmmmm.... once you learn hacking You would say That's not even a hack We just have to do that & that lol....
    Anyway Moving on...
    You better believe it to those people who still live under a Rock

Fantastic and Alollofern like this.
  5. 

6. Thanks for the tip

7. Yes Marcelina you tell them buy ecs and cats or use trusted reward apps like feature point cashforspps ,google oppinion reward 

Fantastic and pesos like this.
  8. R.I.P To those accounts... :cry:

Fantastic and pesos like this.
  9. I wish there was a way to like the "tl;dr" bit. Almost word for word what I think everytime I see someone cry about their account getting "hacked".

Fantastic likes this.
  10. How can you expect those who gave away their info to be smart when they are already making not-so-smart choices playing your game? :(

11. I like how you used those ICONIC characters batman and robin :)

12. Very well said, I've never understood why people trust those sites

Fantastic likes this.
  13. Ohhh, if I had a nickel for every time I've heard, over the years, about a player who shared login with their pimd gf/bf to pilot said account, then ended up getting "hacked", i.e. no stats no tuts one morning, and cried about it to anyone who'd believe them.....

Fantastic likes this.
  14. And blame everyone else but themselves. Its pretty basic, don't share, no issues.

Fantastic likes this.
  15. ^

Fantastic and Anonymouse14 like this.