Braille!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by shan, Mar 4, 2017.

1. He l l o t h e r e!
    ⠓⠑⠇⠇⠕ ⠞⠓⠑⠗⠑⠖

I have made a post about this before, but I'm ready to make another!

I'm OBSESSED with Braille! I went ? to school to learn how to teach it, and am now using it every day to teach little minds how to read and write it.  I wanted to share my passion with you all!

Braille was a system of reading and writing for people who are blind that was developed by Louis Braille a while after he had lost his vision from a childhood accident with his father's tools.

So there are 2 forms of Braille... Grade 1 and Grade 2.

Grade 1 Braille is just the alphabet letters

a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
    ⠁ ⠃⠉⠙ ⠑⠋⠛⠓⠊⠚⠅ ⠇⠍ ⠝ ⠕⠏ ⠟⠗⠎⠞⠥⠧ ⠺ ⠭⠽ ⠵

Grade 2 gets crazier. Braille got very intense after Louis Braille and since the Bible was the most published book back in the day, catholic nuns decided to pick up the form of writing/reading and developed grade 2 Braille, which basically uses certain dots to create different combinations of sounds (sh, th, is, st, ch, and so on), and abbreviations of words. If we were to write out the Bible using simply Louis Braille's code, it would create a book thicker than yo side chick's booty. So the nuns came up short form Braille contractions to create a book that is not quite as small as the girl's booty you'll probably end up with.

Anyway, I'm totes cool with transcribing anything you want me to put in Braille. You can drop a name, a phrase, anything.

I hope you've learned a little bit about this!

2. O transcribe Britt is the best.

3. That sounds cool.

4. Britt is the best
    ⠠⠃⠗⠊⠞⠞ ⠊⠎ ⠞⠓⠑ ⠃⠑⠎⠞

5. "Braille makes me moister than an oyster"

6. "The farm was used to produce produce"

7. ⠠⠃⠗⠁⠊⠇⠇⠑ ⠍⠁⠅⠑⠎ ⠍⠑ ⠍⠕⠊⠎⠞⠑⠗ ⠞⠓⠁⠝ ⠁⠝ ⠕⠽⠎⠞⠑⠗⠖

New motto for sure.

8. That's cool!

9. Didn't know about the grade 2 one, pretty interesting!!!! Makes sense, of course.

10. ⠞⠓⠑ ⠋⠁⠗⠍ ⠺⠁⠎ ⠥⠎⠑⠙ ⠞⠕ ⠏⠗⠕⠙⠥⠉⠑ ⠏⠗⠕⠙⠥⠉⠑

11. Dun lie.

12. Wait how to know if the word is in uppercase or lowercase when using Braille

13. This is a good question that I have never thought about.

14. You use a different Braille cell in front of it called a dot 6 that looks like this: ⠠⠋

That's a capital F. They have punctuation for everything too.

15. Jopo makes me Moister than an oyster

16. How do they tell the difference in the word produce between the two different definitions?

17. The same way as you.